Smoking Ban To Be Extended..........??

The amount that NHS spends on treating smoking related diseases, varies between £2.5 and £6 billion a year, depending on your source, and there's lots of methods to calculate the figure.

The amount of tax collected on tobacco is a lot easier to ascertain.......in 2013, the figure was £9.7 billion in excise duty and £2.6 billion in VAT - a total of £12.3 billion !

That's the thing though, you can't prove the disease is caused by smoking. Who's to say these ailments wouldn't appear anyway?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm an ex smoker never touched one in 6 years not even e-cigarettes. BUT the smoking ban INSIDE pubs was IMO a huge mistake.   This alone was the nail in the coffin for thousands of pubs around the

Freedoms are being chipped away at but we just keep taking it. I dont smoke but I dont like the banning of what should be a choice. Ive been into pubs withs kids on hols for a meal and theyve been smo

They do well on a ban on fat people now that's summat I could get right behind lol

They do well on a ban on fat people now that's summat I could get right behind lol

true :thumbs: yeh she gone out the room the fat prat lol, should be like me good looking+ slim with bad back/knee and fooked gut :D

Fuk smoking ban it everywhere, stinking habit! Shame eh why shouldn't people be allowed to smoke when ever and where ever they want? Because it's fecking filthy and stinks that's why! Should only be aloud in your own house!

Fuk smoking ban it everywhere, stinking habit! Shame eh why shouldn't people be allowed to smoke when ever and where ever they want? Because it's fecking filthy and stinks that's why! Should only be aloud in your own house!

ha ha

The amount that NHS spends on treating smoking related diseases, varies between £2.5 and £6 billion a year, depending on your source, and there's lots of methods to calculate the figure.

The amount of tax collected on tobacco is a lot easier to ascertain.......in 2013, the figure was £9.7 billion in excise duty and £2.6 billion in VAT - a total of £12.3 billion !

That's the thing though, you can't prove the disease is caused by smoking. Who's to say these ailments wouldn't appear anyway?

They know from death records how many smokers died of various ailments when compared to non smokers. A smoker will usually have there life shortened through the habit, but as long as enough tax is taken to cover the cost of NHS treatment then I don't really care.

Thinking again, the government actually saves money through not having to pay a pension for as long, due to the smoker on average dying younger.

A-LCDD2.jpg

Public-health-risk-factors_UK-risk-facto

Choose your battles wisely. ;)

It dont show all the shit they put in food, drinks and the myriad other things that kill you, what about that great USA product corn syrup ?........I bet that is killing just as many people as fags..........if you only included driving and yoga in a study it would show that having a motor car is killing 99.9% of people when you compare the two things.......I'm not saying smoking don't kill you but at least lets have it right........chose your statistics wisely ;) Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

true :thumbs: yeh she gone out the room the fat prat lol, should be like me good looking+ slim with bad back/knee and fooked gut :D

lol you like to live dangerously

Funny how some folk think that by ridiculing an easy target they somehow become superior and look good....Bullies I think they call them. Id f**k them off with the rest of the bigheads who like dictating to others what they should DO and LOOK like.

A-LCDD2.jpg

Public-health-risk-factors_UK-risk-facto

Choose your battles wisely. ;)

It dont show all the shit they put in food, drinks and the myriad other things that kill you, what about that great USA product corn syrup ?........I bet that is killing just as many people as fags..........if you only included driving and yoga in a study it would show that having a motor car is killing 99.9% of people when you compare the two things.......I'm not saying smoking don't kill you but at least lets have it right........chose your statistics wisely ;)

The thread is about smoking so he showed stats showing smoking related deaths.

If the thread was about car accidents or food additive related deaths then another set of statistics would be relevant.