10% Pay Rise For Mp's

Ive e-mailed my MP (Mark Lancaster), saying that it is completely unacceptabe to accept a pay rise that is 10 times more than the 'rise' given to public sectors workers by his leader, and I trust he will not be accepting it !

Suggest everyone else does the same........( if you're really that bothered, I mean !)

Edited by Blackbriar

My kids will not be watching scarface thats for sure. If you wanna be a criminal do it properly, bbc parliment lol.

I know they work harder than some jobs but I always feel if a job should be done out of passion it should be an mp. I mean their choices affect so many peoples lifes and the future of the country. Would you get a better selection if the job was advertised to be paying the minimum wage? I know many are talented or connected so wouldnt bother and would take another job that pays more but would that mean your getting people who really want to improve and change things rather than the money.

I think the expenses system has been completely abused but I still believe having an expenses claim system is justifiable. Any private business would offer to renumerate you if you incurred expenses through your work so I see no reason why the public sector shouldn't.

• Like 1

When we started paying politicians instead of them coming from families that didn't need money was when we made a massive mistake.......what we ended up with was a load of 2nd class university turnouts that didn't have the brains to make it in business.........but we let them run the country !!

Strip benefits to folk who are struggling (and believe me, a lot of family's are creaking under the strain of what they are expected to pay) and give them selves a nice big rise.......you couldn't f***ing make it up !!

• Like 3

Every time I get homesick I read shit like this... and it completely pulls me out of whatever slump I thought I was in.

I guess shoulders are shrugged, words are said, business as usual?

Edited by ChrisJones
  • Like 1

over here because of the troubles ect theres a few corner boys in the assembly cant make tax laws ect ect..their getting 50k their [special advisors..mates] are on 95k,ffs its no more than a glorified council,,suppose you get what you vote for,