Anyone in the highlands find the midgies are extremely bad this year?.........mild winter and damp humid conditons this summer, seems to have added to making them far worse than usual, and the usual can be bad enough. The dogs are being tormented in the pens. actually brought them all in the house til after dark last night... rubbed citrinella into there coats and around the eyes as thats where they get it the worst..burning the coil repellents in front of the pens helps a bit. Ive got power out to the pens so am looking at installing cheap electric fans blowing across the entrances as a good breeze keeps them moving. Got that tip from a farmer friend of mind who uses fans in his barns where he keeps some of his prize cattle. Anyone else having the same problem? or are ye all southern softies....ha ha ha

Little b*****ds!

How something so small can drive a man to distraction!

Should get all the kiddy fiddlers strip the c**ts naked. Tie them to a tree on rannoch moor for a week. The midges will drive them mad.

• Like 4

Little b*****ds!

How something so small can drive a man to distraction!

Should get all the kiddy fiddlers strip the c**ts naked. Tie them to a tree on rannoch moor for a week. The midges will drive them mad.

A week???? An hour tied to a tree on Rannoch moor you'd be a bloodless desiccated husk ?

Good enough for a kiddy fiddler mind ??

Pop down the garden centre and pick up some lavender mint and rosemary plants also look into getting some eucalyptus trees I used too plant a shit load round the dairy during summer it helps a lot and most are maintenance free

• Like 1

This sun will have warmed the water up and speeded up the hatch. Iv been bit to buggery many a time fishing, jock midges must just be teeth with wings. They reckon taking vitamin e tablets stops them bothering you but never tried it.

I don't know if this works with midges but it's the best thing if you have been bit by mozzys,,,

Hot water,,,where ever you have been bitten,,,pour hot water on the bite,,,I'm not talking boiling water out of a kettle,,,but use the shower head on as hot as you can stand for as long as you can stand,,,just 10, 20 seconds,,,

This will stop the bite from itching compleatly,,,, but like I say not tried it on midges

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...