Is it the end of an era?
With the new microchipping legislation coming in for every dog in April 2016 & the cost of having pups legally docked surely its going to be unfeasible to gift pups anymore or to expect them to be gifted.

Just cost me £39 per pup to have both done, yes people may get it cheaper but it's now going to cost no matter what so the lads who've had them off me have had to cover that cost.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So we bow to beurocracy again .Theres no one i know pays for docking or chips ,just the jabs off line .Who the hell wants a digging dog chipped ,beyond me .We are told vets wont look at your dog with

all mine are chipped and docked except the bedlingtons as all mine have pet passports as we go far and wide with our sport and if its smashed up well it happened in france lol theres more than one way

Depends on the situation. Most lads that still gift pups see them as another branch of they're kennel. There breeding but being run on somewhere else. So it's an investment when you look at it. So t

Posted Images

Depends on the situation. Most lads that still gift pups see them as another branch of they're kennel. There breeding but being run on somewhere else. So it's an investment when you look at it. So the money you put into that pup will come back eventually in one easy or another.

Like I say depends on the situation and terms when gifting the pup.

• Like 7

I know a vet who will travel to you £10 per pup & he'll ask for a bit of fuel back like

I know it's all red tape but on the paperwork the same vet that does the docking is meant to do the chipping too and has to identify the pups as such so it would mean 2 trips.

I did mention to the vet about taking them for free chipping elsewhere but she was still going to charge me £5 per signature per pup for the paperwork.

Feel the free chipping is going out the window when it becomes law too.

I know a vet who will travel to you £10 per pup & he'll ask for a bit of fuel back like

I know it's all red tape but on the paperwork the same vet that does the docking is meant to do the chipping too and has to identify the pups as such so it would mean 2 trips.

I did mention to the vet about taking them for free chipping elsewhere but she was still going to charge me £5 per signature per pup for the paperwork.

Feel the free chipping is going out the window when it becomes law too.

the pups are microchipped the same time as they are docked so no need to do trips. Just had a litter done docked,chipped an dueclaued £50 per pup. Make sure if any of you have any done show the vet yourself how long you want it to be because they could end up looking like corgis.

That's it, if its kept quiet and you're only giving them to friends then no one will be any the wiser. I think the microchipping is good in regards to stopping dog thefts but a bad thing if you've a dog go missing on a walk etc that has working scars.

• Like 2

Microchipping all well and good but if people know what there on with a strong magnet down back deletes all data from chip so they aint worth the paper u get with them. My opinion should invent a tracker thats size of grain of rice accesable from mobiles would then make scum think twice bout theiven our dogs atb dd

So we bow to beurocracy again .Theres no one i know pays for docking or chips ,just the jabs off line .Who the hell wants a digging dog chipped ,beyond me .We are told vets wont look at your dog without all legal paperwork well thats bollocks .4 practices around me and everyone has seen my dogs at some stage or another all home docked ,wormed and flead myself .By going the pandering route you are only creating more as none of this helps to create a better owner .Keep it in house ,gift pups free and expect nothing but the world in return .

• Like 12

I've always thort tattooing or freeze branding I think it called like they do on cattle would be a better choice than micro chipping . But yes as had already been stated to chip a working lurcher digging dog with signs of work will not benefit the owner