Glastonbury!

Funny ain't it but i'd of thought for the music and the expierience this thred would be more positive about the event?

Now i've never been, been to a few festivals over the years but never 'the big one'. My brother goes every year its on, and has been for as long as i remember. Now our Mick is the biggest anal, clean freak, fashion gimp, particular tit I have ever met. He'd think he was slumming it if he got his two hundred quid boots dirty walking in and out of the shops around Ambleside! Yet he's there without any problems...

I really would love to go but for me i cant get past the online ticket bollocks that goes hand i hand with the event each year. In a que, get through, system crashes, start again type shite... Dont get me wrong, it aint just this one, most big gigs are the same and as i'm old enough to remember going to the theater box office and maybe queing for a bit then buying a real paper ticket right there, doing all that on line ticket master type shite would send me in a rage like i've never been in before!!

Anyways, like i said, for the music and atmosphere i would love to expierience it all and as for 'wallowing in the mud and filth', well feck me, what type of hunters are all of you, because if you've never been up to your eyes in mud on a washout dig, or had a nights lamping stuck in a motor with some trampy smelly c**t who had a good dog, then you aint feckin lived and lets be fecking honest, if we hunters aint got the gear to spend a couple of nights in a tent in any weather, what type of hunters are we...???

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol

I lived for nigh on 20 years as a hippy traveller and one thing we didn't ever do was shit in hedges like you lot do,look on EVERY hippy site and your'll see a spade by the door of most if not all gaf

I used to live 3 fields up from the villagers gate. Went a couple of times but the hypocrisy (sp?) got me in the end.     I gave my ticket away this year. I shant go again.   My truck was painte

Posted Images

old man eavis is talking about moving it the sooner the better we say with luck he ll move it to some remote island or france anywhere but somerset weve had enough grunge and shite to last a lifetime

anyone want to buy a cheap tent give me a call next week

Maybe in the past id of liked to have gone now i wouldnt bother. Festivals all supposed to have changed? so old sods tell me. I cant remember where it was but remember seeing metalica on tv playing at a festival. Now i like a few of there songs but when i heard the words "put your hands up if you want to change the world" they went downhill in my books. Hardly f***ing rock and roll guess the money got to em.

In the past? Haha........don't take no notice about what folk say, get out the house try it mate!!

I first went 20 years ago & the same things were all being said then, too commercial, too expensive, shit line up blah blah blah.............but you'll never know if you don't try, it might be a life changer for you haha.....

Well said. All this "it's not as good now" is just rubbish. It's as though they are saying " you won't have as good a time as I did". Unless a person has been to every single one how can they say it's not as good?. And don't forget Newcastle brown ale is not as good as it used to be !. WTF !!!!!!

No one has said in the old days we had a better time but the whole vibe was different and like most things (and going to sound a right hippy now :laugh: ) when things get bigger and more commercial you loose the feeling of a smaller more close nit festival and a lot of city folk brough city mentality onto site and so again ruined the vibe.So yeah these days it ain't so good imo and [BANNED TEXT] through the 80's and 90's and stopped going for these reasons i've explained.. :victory:

• Like 2

old man eavis is talking about moving it the sooner the better we say with luck he ll move it to some remote island or france anywhere but somerset weve had enough grunge and shite to last a lifetime

anyone want to buy a cheap tent give me a call next week

How about local tickets?

Used to go to the big festivals, the first Isle of Wight, Bickershaw, Bath, ect, never saw any bother, would not dream of going now, too auld, plus i heard at the Wickermam you cant leave anything in your tent, thief's going about the camp site, even fights at the festival, at the first IOW quarter of a million, the biggest festival ever held in UK, four days, no fighting, never saw any thieving.

Peace and Love.

• Like 1

Maybe in the past id of liked to have gone now i wouldnt bother. Festivals all supposed to have changed? so old sods tell me. I cant remember where it was but remember seeing metalica on tv playing at a festival. Now i like a few of there songs but when i heard the words "put your hands up if you want to change the world" they went downhill in my books. Hardly f***ing rock and roll guess the money got to em.

In the past? Haha........don't take no notice about what folk say, get out the house try it mate!!

I first went 20 years ago & the same things were all being said then, too commercial, too expensive, shit line up blah blah blah.............but you'll never know if you don't try, it might be a life changer for you haha.....

Well said. All this "it's not as good now" is just rubbish. It's as though they are saying " you won't have as good a time as I did". Unless a person has been to every single one how can they say it's not as good?. And don't forget Newcastle brown ale is not as good as it used to be !. WTF !!!!!!

No one has said in the old days we had a better time but the whole vibe was different and like most things (and going to sound a right hippy now :laugh: ) when things get bigger and more commercial you loose the feeling of a smaller more close nit festival and a lot of city folk brough city mentality onto site and so again ruined the vibe.So yeah these days it ain't so good imo and [bANNED TEXT] through the 80's and 90's and stopped going for these reasons i've explained.. :victory:
A mate of mine used to go in the '70's and said it was shit after that time. And Newcastle brown ale was shit after about 1956.Lol Edited by jessdale

No one has said in the old days we had a better time but the whole vibe was different and like most things (and going to sound a right hippy now :laugh: ) when things get bigger and more commercial you loose the feeling of a smaller more close nit festival and a lot of city folk brough city mentality onto site and so again ruined the vibe.So yeah these days it ain't so good imo and [bANNED TEXT] through the 80's and 90's and stopped going for these reasons i've explained.. :victory:
A mate of mine used to go in the '70's and said it was shit after that time. And Newcastle brown ale was shit after about 1956.Lol

It's all relative to the ageing process unfortunately..........I can't remember the last time I did something & thought I was having the time of my life! Haha........but I would like to think young people (like Dare) could still get a great life experience out of something like Glastonbury...............before they get old & jaded :-)

• Like 4

My mates gone I reckon with s tent hired and entrance its got to be 3oo quid.went to ozzfest for s day 12 hours of metal for 38 quid.bargain

You couldn't pay me £300 to listen to 12 hours of metal FFS!!........:-(((((((((

• Like 3

My mates gone I reckon with s tent hired and entrance its got to be 3oo quid.went to ozzfest for s day 12 hours of metal for 38 quid.bargain

You couldn't pay me £300 to listen to 12 hours of metal FFS!!........:-(((((((((
There's always a Phil Collins gig for you mate
  • Like 1

Watched Florence's set last night on my big telly, Dolby surround sound, in my leather recliner with a cold beer (less than a quid lol) and used my clean toilet afterwards and slept in my comfy bed.

f**k going there, queuing for hours and missing half what you wanted to see lol

But 30 years back? Well that's a different story :D

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

first went 30 odd years ago,you could drive your bus on site much more colourfull in those days,it was never the same after they barred the travellers ,mutoid waste driving there crazy sculpures around the site was like something out of mad max,listening to hawkwind on wango rileys stage tripping your tits off,happy daze, edited to say you would,nt get me there now if you payed me

Car henge and the old skull bus was brilliant for sure :victory: and Wango's is still going and a very good set up these days :yes: ,i can remember them back in the 80's with just the purple FG horsebox as the stage :laugh:,don't care what anyoe says they were they best days of my life living on the road like we did greg eh :thumbs: ..

Kanye ain't my bag but i'd give him full marks for playin it solo. Just him an a big light rig. Takes balls, no one there with ya.

Proves a point though, the 'N' word...

if it ends in 'er' its racist...

if it ends in 'uz' its cool...

;)