• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a nation of small minded bitter little busy bodies we have been turned in to with regards to what other people earn and pay or not.....   Like all this corporate tax nonsense that's been in the

I'm pleased that the authorities are actually taking action.   There is a group illegally camped in a public car park in a town near me. If I stayed there longer than my ticket allowed I would be

I tried to bring her up to do the right thing ,but she turned out honest and broke my heart.

The traveller community is no different to ours it has a mixed spectrum of people there not all rich in fact there a lot of poverty amongst them .but they look after there own better than what we do . However the traveller life style is a wet dream to any travellers involved in organised crime they can hide and move around as they wish they find there marks and extort them to the max. Drugs cars cash machines extortion stolen goods antiques generators that don't work lol just to name a few of the scams.

Haha speaking of generators I had two Irish travellers trying to sell me one out the back of a brand new ford van earlier today told them to gel on, must of been driving round area as they came over to me in the fuel station didn't recognise them either must be stopping somewhere local

• Like 1

What a nation of small minded bitter little busy bodies we have been turned in to with regards to what other people earn and pay or not.....

Like all this corporate tax nonsense that's been in the media.......

"Oh, I had to pay £4 more than him so he should get strung up"

"Oh, he earned apt of money he should give half of it away to the government, they will know what to do with it"

Jesus f***ing Christ, talk about blind to the bullshit.....

It's like saying "I have cancer so every c**t should have it"

Get a grip and maybe you won't get used like a back alley crack whore by your own government so much ;)

Totally agree.....jealousy is such a repulsive trait.

Besides which,anyone that lives in a house who is jealous of someone that lives in a caravan is not jealous your just confused !!

• Like 2

Ever heard of the Doomsday Book ?......know why that survey was taken?

Maybe you have and do, but if not I will tell you......it's one word: CONTROL

It was all about control, and every tax system since then is modelled on it !

The bloke didn't have enough soldiers but he didnt need them because he had the book and he knew what every f****r owned, so he could just send round 10 soldiers and take all the man cattle, land and house if the bloke did t agree to pay what was demanded !

And it's still going on !

Come on wilf, without tax, there's no central government at all. That system only benefits the man at the top, most probably a foreigner with some sort of central government.

Without it we have no national defence, no free education, no health care, no infrastructure. The whole place would fall into a complete mess and we'd be finished inside a decade.

No taxes, no system at all.

Your a clever chap mate, if the government just did what the government is supposed to do which is infrastructure, security and defence then the tax rate would be about 5% not the f***ing 60% it is now.

Tax freedom is 7 months into the year roughly so you are working more than half your working life for some prat in Westminster to fritter it away.

Wouldn't you rather work 1 month for the government and decide how YOU want to spend the rest.....don't you think you should be trusted with your own money?

The government don't and I have to ask myself why not?.......power and control is the only thing that comes to mind but you may tell me different.

Absolutely mate, I was just arguing for a small necessary government over what I thought you were suggesting, which was no government. :thumbs:

Fair play to anybody for taking a chance and trying to beat the system. But if everyone took the attitude of "I'm not paying any tax because I don't like how the Gov. spend it" then we would be rapidly f****d.

I keep meaning to start a thread asking folks to balance the books, seeing as everyone knows better than our elected representatives (me included so this is no dig). See how everyone thinks tax should be changed and how the Gov spending should be changed. Be interesting and eye opening I think but can't see it achieving much other than THL war. :laugh:

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2

Ever heard of the Doomsday Book ?......know why that survey was taken?

Maybe you have and do, but if not I will tell you......it's one word: CONTROL

It was all about control, and every tax system since then is modelled on it !

The bloke didn't have enough soldiers but he didnt need them because he had the book and he knew what every f****r owned, so he could just send round 10 soldiers and take all the man cattle, land and house if the bloke did t agree to pay what was demanded !

And it's still going on !

Come on wilf, without tax, there's no central government at all. That system only benefits the man at the top, most probably a foreigner with some sort of central government.

Without it we have no national defence, no free education, no health care, no infrastructure. The whole place would fall into a complete mess and we'd be finished inside a decade.

No taxes, no system at all.

Your a clever chap mate, if the government just did what the government is supposed to do which is infrastructure, security and defence then the tax rate would be about 5% not the f***ing 60% it is now.

Tax freedom is 7 months into the year roughly so you are working more than half your working life for some prat in Westminster to fritter it away.

Wouldn't you rather work 1 month for the government and decide how YOU want to spend the rest.....don't you think you should be trusted with your own money?

The government don't and I have to ask myself why not?.......power and control is the only thing that comes to mind but you may tell me different.

Absolutely mate, I was just arguing for a small necessary government over what I thought you were suggesting, which was no government. :thumbs:

Fair play to anybody for taking a chance and trying to beat the system. But if everyone took the attitude of "I'm not paying any tax because I don't like how the Gov. spend it" then we would be rapidly f****d.

I keep meaning to start a thread asking folks to balance the books, seeing as everyone knows better than our elected representatives (me included so this is no dig). See how everyone thinks tax should be changed and how the Gov spending should be changed. Be interesting and eye opening I think but can't see it achieving much other than THL war. :laugh:

IMHO the tax system in Europe isn't progressive it's pernicious mate !

And in very simple terms, anyone that can get away with not having the piss taken out of them isn't really doing much wrong from a common sense point of view.

It's a simple sum, more money in your pocket means more freedom from the government and when you don't need them their power over you dwindles.

As for a thread about balancing the books, you can't balance the books in a company where your chief accountant is off at every opportunity on a profligate spending spree ;)

And in very simple terms, anyone that can get away with not having the piss taken out of them isn't really doing much wrong from a common sense point of view.

It's a simple sum, more money in your pocket means more freedom from the government and when you don't need them their power over you dwindles.

As for a thread about balancing the books, you can't balance the books in a company where your chief accountant is off at every opportunity on a profligate spending spree ;)

But where do we draw the line between not having the piss taken and not pulling your weight? It seems we all draw the line where ever is convenient and justify it by not agreeing with how the Gov. spend parts of it, like Foreign Aid, EU membership, HS2, Geo-political military interventions etc etc. I'm not saying those aren't valid reasons for wanting change but is it really justification for basically avoiding tax where ever possible and yet still enjoying the infrastructure and benefits those taxes buy?

Bringing this back to travellers. Fairly or otherwise they are a community viewed by a large chunk of the rest as standing on the wrong side of this line. It's a completely subjective argument and I appreciate that it's clouded with perception, prejudice and emotion but I really don't see jealousy as the primary factor in it. It's a case of folks being tired of this minority taking advantage wherever they can and the perceived feeling that they are not subject to the same rules as everyone else.

There is of course an air of hypocrisy here, as to some degree almost everyone plays the system. But like I said, where is the line drawn between dodging having the piss taken and not pulling your weight? We've established that a central government system is necessary and that the current one is too repressive, so the solution lies somewhere amongst this hypocrisy. But in the absence of a mythically perfect system at least every group should be treated the same by the law.

Balancing the books was perhaps a bad choice of words. Giving everybody total authoritarian power, or at least the job as chancellor might have been better. Seeing as everyone feels those that are in power do such a bad job, given that power how would everyone else make the figures work. Not just "I'd do this and that" but showing the actual numbers to prove it's even possible. :thumbs:

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 4

But where do we draw the line between not having the piss taken and not pulling your weight? It seems we all draw the line where ever is convenient and justify it by not agreeing with how the Gov. spend parts of it, like Foreign Aid, EU membership, HS2, Geo-political military interventions etc etc. I'm not saying those aren't valid reasons for wanting change but is it really justification for basically avoiding tax where ever possible and yet still enjoying the infrastructure and benefits those taxes buy?

Bringing this back to travellers. Fairly or otherwise they are a community viewed by a large chunk of the rest as standing on the wrong side of this line. It's a completely subjective argument and I appreciate that it's clouded with perception, prejudice and emotion but I really don't see jealousy as the primary factor in it. It's a case of folks being tired of this minority taking advantage wherever they can and the perceived feeling that they are not subject to the same rules as everyone else.

There is of course an air of hypocrisy here, as to some degree almost everyone plays the system. But like I said, where is the line drawn between dodging having the piss taken and not pulling your weight? We've established that a central government system is necessary and that the current one is too repressive, so the solution lies somewhere amongst this hypocrisy. But in the absence of a mythically perfect system at least every group should be treated the same by the law.

Balancing the books was perhaps a bad choice of words. Giving everybody total authoritarian power, or at least the job as chancellor might have been better. Seeing as everyone feels those that are in power do such a bad job, given that power how would everyone else make the figures work. Not just "I'd do this and that" but showing the actual numbers to prove it's even possible. :thumbs:

Its impossible to balance things out with so many of us BH, the answer is depopulation, have a look at the social/economical effects of the black death, not so good for the victims, but a way better life for the survivors. Its the reason capitalists always want a country overpopulated, they learnt the lesson from the plague, if they don't have a surplus of worker ants they have to get off their arses and actually do some proper work........can't have that can we.

I just don't get why people complain about a bit of Gypsy pilfering/tax avoidance? Not when companies (owned by our leaders mainly) rape us to the tune of Billions :blink: Even the die hard welfare scroungers are a drop in the ocean, maintained to show us where we will end up if we don't work as slaves for "the man" and if that's such a bad thing why import useless people and shovel money at them...........its all a f***ing scam......pretty obvious. Nobody wants a real answer, and a better life, they can't do, to wrapped up in "keeping up with the Joneses" so we just muddle on and put up with any old bollocks :laugh:

• Like 6

BH showing numbers would be a Herculean task and there would not be time or space for it here mate.

But (again very over simple) a good place to start would be from the rule that every mans money belongs to him and the state humbly asks the favour of taking some in order to provide a few things that facilitate everyone being able to conduct business in a safe, secure place.

That should be the basic rule of thumb, not the sense of entitlement for government to just keep helping themselves.

I don't believe the current system is a provider, I believe it is a tool and that's just plain wrong IMHO mate.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 3

Its impossible to balance things out with so many of us BH, the answer is depopulation, have a look at the social/economical effects of the black death, not so good for the victims, but a way better life for the survivors. Its the reason capitalists always want a country overpopulated, they learnt the lesson from the plague, if they don't have a surplus of worker ants they have to get off their arses and actually do some proper work........can't have that can we.

I just don't get why people complain about a bit of Gypsy pilfering/tax avoidance? Not when companies (owned by our leaders mainly) rape us to the tune of Billions :blink: Even the die hard welfare scroungers are a drop in the ocean, maintained to show us where we will end up if we don't work as slaves for "the man" and if that's such a bad thing why import useless people and shovel money at them...........its all a f***ing scam......pretty obvious. Nobody wants a real answer, and a better life, they can't do, to wrapped up in "keeping up with the Joneses" so we just muddle on and put up with any old bollocks :laugh:

I might not share the same views as you generally on social and political matters etc but you're absolutely right about it being impossible to strike a balance, no government will ever please everyone and as long as man is making the decisions corruption will always be present.

• Like 2