Drug Smugglers Shot

As said , 8 drug smugglers have been shot in Indonesia , including two Australians. With a British woman on death row due to receive the same Is the death penalty a deterrent ? ...On a personal note I wont be smuggling drugs to Indonesia ...

• Like 1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would shoot them in the airport in front of the passengers dirty business bringing misery to millions,

If yaa take the gamble then take the penalty... Hate druggies end ov..

Unfortunatly i know because i've been there but to kick a habit and stay clean truescot takes a very strong minded person ,i've been clean a dozen years or so now and have a grand family and am so l

I imagine foreigners, like the Ozzies and the Brit either don't realise what the sentence is for that crime in that country or are just too stupid to think that they will be prosecuted if caught.

I like to think of it as natural selection... I hope the Foreign Office aren't wasting too much resource on it.

after this it would be interesting, what effect this has on drug trafficking.

Probally nothing to much money for the barons to make to care about the smugglers to be honest, the way I see it alcohol and tobacco kill more people than any illegal drug but you don't see Indonesia killing of the tobacco barons especially when they have a huge problem with young children smoking if people want to use drugs they shouldn't be told by a government they can or can't if they want to kill them selves doing it its up to them same with people who smoke and drink to much

• Like 1

I imagine foreigners, like the Ozzies and the Brit either don't realise what the sentence is for that crime in that country or are just too stupid to think that they will be prosecuted if caught.

I like to think of it as natural selection... I hope the Foreign Office aren't wasting too much resource on it.

Not sure that's case born,,,,I think most of know,,,those South East Asian country's are hard on drug trafficking ,,,most of them have death penalty,,,or 30 year stretches ,,,,me and the family went to Hong kong a few year back,,,,I was paranoid as feck about our cases,,getting tampered with

• Like 2

BH there is a big sign at the airport which reads WELCOME TO INDONSIA DEATH PENALTY FOR DRUG TRAFFICKERS ,cant really be any clearer. As you say perhaps they don't think they will go through with it or the Foreign Office will intervene & save them ...bad call out there.. :no:

Not sure that's case born,,,,I think most of know,,,those South East Asian country's are hard on drug trafficking ,,,most of them have death penalty,,,or 30 year stretches ,,,,me and the family went to Hong kong a few year back,,,,I was paranoid as feck about our cases,,getting tampered with

Well, if they are fully aware of what they are doing and the consequences then f**k 'em, Tomo. The law is the law, you break it, you serve the sentence. Getting stitched up is another thing again, for that I would hope justice would prevail, regardless of the crime/sentence. If you don't trust (as much as you can be comfortable with) the justice system of another country then probably best not to enter.

How was Hong Kong mate? Looks a pretty awesome place for a wide eyed westerner....

BH there is a big sign at the airport which reads WELCOME TO INDONSIA DEATH PENALTY FOR DRUG TRAFFICKERS ,cant really be any clearer. As you say perhaps they don't think they will go through with it or the Foreign Office will intervene & save them ...bad call out there.. :no:

That's my thinking anyway. Naïve, stupid westerner thinks "oh, I'll be alright, I'm British/American/Canadian/Australian, not a poxy worthless Asian no one will care about. My country is too powerful to let me be killed. This third world shit tip will bend to my country's will if I get caught.... worth the gamble". Maybe I'm wrong, but why on Earth would you risk it otherwise? f***ing idiots!

Seen roughly the same message at Singapore airport.

• Like 2