R.i.p Buck

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had to have my dog Buck put down yesterday , he was a massive part of my life, as i'm sure anyone who hunt's with dog's knows . I've had him since he was 6 weeks old , he was no world beater, but j

Chin up matey,the dogs certainly do pull on the old heart strings when that sad day comes along,I can relate to everything you've wrote on here as I guess many others can too..R.I.P Buck..run fast &am

As i said before, this lurcher game is a tough passtime and hard on them! Its also hard on the owners. Its sad for a lot of lads when they loose their hunting conpanions, some lads just move on and ge

I had to have my dog Buck put down yesterday , he was a massive part of my life, as i'm sure anyone who hunt's with dog's knows . I've had him since he was 6 weeks old , he was no world beater, but just an honest dog who gave me his all ,he had his faults , one of them was waking me up at 5 am every day for a walk ! and for telling the wife when i was on the way home from work , some how he knew and would start whining and pacing his kennel even at different times , 20 minutes later i'd walk through the door the wife said it was unreal the bond between me and him. He put food on my table when i was skint and gave me someone to talk to when there was no one else there, he nearly cost me my marriage a few times ! my wife said i loved him more than her ! i can tell you it was bloody close ! . Anyone on the otherside against hunting who thinks , that working dog men don't care for their dogs ought to see the state of me now ,me and my family are gutted .

I was hoping to take a pup off him this summer , thinking i had plenty of time as he was only 7 ,as i wanted to keep his bloodline going , my lad who used to come hunting with the dog and me and who helps me with dogs , said it best yesterday when he said

Buck was unique , anyway sorry for rambling on , i'm trying to build up to going outside to clean out his empty kennel , thanks for the memories Buck we will hunt again one day my friend, cheers

I know how you feel mate I lost my 4 year old dog 6 weeks ago I dont think ile ever get fully over it and the other dogs seem to miss him too
  • Like 1

sorry for your loss matey i know its hard at the min for you all but i second what bosun said even though you will never replace buck but given time im sure you will get back in the swing some of my old dogs now long gone but never forgotten got me through some very tough times and given time a pup will do you a world of good chin up matey it does get easier

As i said before, this lurcher game is a tough passtime and hard on them! Its also hard on the owners. Its sad for a lot of lads when they loose their hunting conpanions, some lads just move on and get another, without a thought. It all depends what your like i think. Some take it worse then others. However, most lads would be gutted to see a very good worker die, weather their hardy or not. I have calmed down a lot with lurchers now, lost a few, dogs getting badly injured then just as their right, their injured again. It can really put you off at times...! Not to mention some of the lads that are involved in the game! I have been just as worse in the passed, so no angel!!

But i just think, for myself, its time to calm down and take a bit of a back seat..! Just have the 1 lurcher now, due to certain things, but mainly because the whole thing is just getting to me now, with all the dog deaths, injurys, arguments with the wife, antis, ect ect...

I think in this game, if your out a lot with the dogs, you need skin like a rihno......!...

R.I.P...Buck and to all the lurchers killed in action.................. :thumbs:

• Like 3