What Makes People Tough

Tough question.. :laugh:

Usually someones wild and vivid imagination,

or drink ,, :blink:

A real tough person is some one that deals with things that happen in their life good and bad and not to embarrassed to ask for help when they need it.

• 5 years later...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A keyboard

parents knowing or seeing the child fight for life that they may not win yet they remain dignified and strong for there child is a toughness i believe takes some beating

Tom Crean - you've probably never heard of him, but that's him in my avatar.   There are many tales of his heroism -he travelled to the Antarctic twice with Shackleton - but the best known is from S

On 09/04/2015 at 16:09, neems said:

imo being tough is a combination of physical and mental robustness and nothing else.

being focused or talented etc has feck all to do with it,the physical sides more nurture the mental side more nurture imo.

i'm sure we all know lads who's fathers are tough basterds but they themselves are complete fannys.

Agree 100%. I would use the word Durable also. I was writing a reply and then said screw it and didn’t post it and read more posts. Got to yours and I’m glad I didn’t post mine because yours is better written lol. 

48 minutes ago, Dougieboy said:

Some lads are psychopaths and build a hard man rep by being vicious, some are gentle men with bloody good hands, then there’s others who have been chiseled hard by life, the latter IMHO are the ones with the heart and the last to quit

Shame you are none Duggy. ?

7 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Sorry Duggy, I was two bottles of whisky deep when I commented. 

Meant every word like but I apologise. 

Yes Greb, that was obvious to all. You don’t need to apologise for being a boring prick, you can’t help it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think you can really call people who pull of amazing achievements as tough as it's what they enjoy to do. 

What's the saying, the real brave man is the man that will keep going despite being scared. 

The real tough people for me are those that choose life after a catastrophic event in their life. 

I could not think of anything worse than losing a child, it would finish me I know it would. 

How those people can carry on is beyond what I'd be capable of. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dougieboy said:

Yes Greb, that was obvious to all. You don’t need to apologise for being a boring prick, you can’t help it. 

Again sorry, not sorry. Your name just popped up at the top of the latest thread I was perusing at the time. 

Now leave me alone Duggy I'm nursing a hangover on the sofa. 

5 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I don't think you can really call people who pull of amazing achievements as tough as it's what they enjoy to do. 

What's the saying, the real brave man is the man that will keep going despite being scared. 

The real tough people for me are those that choose life after a catastrophic event in their life. 

I could not think of anything worse than losing a child, it would finish me I know it would. 

How those people can carry on is beyond what I'd be capable of. 

That brings me back to my point of life hardening a man. Many wanna be’s would like to be known as hard, but they couldn’t endure the life that hardens and desensitises the real warriors. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dougieboy said:

That brings me back to my point of life hardening a man. Many wanna be’s would like to be known as hard, but they couldn’t endure the life that hardens and desensitises the real warriors. 

True, being physically tough is nothing to write home about as those types are usually born that way. 

Take a person that has lost everything and gone through the cruelest tortures imaginable, now to me that's a real tough cnut. 

The birth of my now 3 year old just about broke me, we went through a lot of worry and uncertainty when she was born and my mind was thinking of the worst that we was going to lose her. 

I didn't sleep really at all for a good 4 days and with the added stress I just about had a breakdown, if we had lost her I would have ended it. 

My heart goes out to anyone that has been in those situations and come out the other side.