Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

honest mate no offence but they weren’t worth a wank doubled 

Non taken mc ned ect did week in week out single handed or paired up  what your coursers couldn't or wouldn't do every week horses for courses 

12 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

site full a dog men no one know the answer ffs lol

You’re, as usual, talking about coursing dogs, so, yes, the saluki revolutionised hare coursing, but there’s lads who do foxes and deer wouldn’t have saluki in their lines. There are many dog men who have absolutely no interest in hares and they prefer other types. You may think the saluki hybrid should be the only weapon in the armoury, but many would disagree.

To be fair, if I only did daytime hare coursing, I’d have saluki hybrids, because they are simply the best at that game IF you get a decent one, but to denigrate other dog mens choices for what they do just makes you sound silly.

Cheers.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

You’re, as usual, talking about coursing dogs, so, yes, the saluki revolutionised hare coursing, but there’s lads who do foxes and deer wouldn’t have saluki in their lines. There are many dog men who have absolutely no interest in hares and they prefer other types. You may think the saluki hybrid should be the only weapon in the armoury, but many would disagree.

To be fair, if I only did daytime hare coursing, I’d have saluki hybrids, because they are simply the best at that game IF you get a decent one, but to denigrate other dog mens choices for what they do just makes you sound silly.

Cheers.

i’m happy sounding silly then lol the few bullx x coursing bred i seen shit all over any bull i’ve seen i’ll say no more 

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i’m happy sounding silly then lol the few bullx x coursing bred i seen shit all over any bull i’ve seen i’ll say no more 

C4CF961E-B92D-4CD8-B2A8-806E02DEB0C4.jpeg Is there anything you don’t know  everything about ? 

Edited by green lurchers
24 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

No them videos you saw they were out for numbers all them dogs were single handed 

If that's the video I think I remember thinking how did they find so many foxes🤔

I Imagine it would be alot more difficult today with all the ever so popular rifle lads n there thermals? 

4 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

C4CF961E-B92D-4CD8-B2A8-806E02DEB0C4.jpeg Is there anything you don’t know  everything about ? 

not much as a kid they all use to say he never stops asking f***ing questions lol 

9 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

A pure bull bitch I owned; F47E926D-F781-4ADC-9001-6EB4F387BC98.jpeg.3c21d88b5ce635e77f0208c8a588d797.jpeg

A bull x and a coursing bull I had in my kennel for a very short time , certainly not enough time to make decisions on the merits of failings of either type;

A8778AF5-7912-43EA-A84A-01B7F8001739.jpeg.614c045eacf51394c95d31a795369c70.jpeg

F0C9F2CA-A7F7-47D9-BD06-22B90D393734.jpeg.0176bca17ccdde107dfe0caf6148e9d7.jpeg

Cheers.

1 minute ago, dodger said:

If that's the video I think I remember thinking how did they find so many foxes🤔

I Imagine it would be alot more difficult today with all the ever so popular rifle lads n there thermals? 

There's still plenty about but all theses new housing estates coupled with mobile phones and anpr make it harder 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

You was the clever cnt at school who’s arm went up to answer all the questions ya little sod eh mac 

i was good with me hands finished school by 13 no gcse lol our coursing lamping i could drive by then i’d get all over lol

1 minute ago, Leatherface said:

Fcuk me it's Little Man Tate.

images (12).jpeg

me little lad same lol not even 2 already talk like a 4 year old give him a few year i’ll post a vid doing the same 

• Haha 1