Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

6 hours ago, green lurchers said:

Crack on with ya mystic slop running I can’t break it down can I ? Lol my last try  cos you n fen boy can’t grasp the nettle ffs you couldn’t run faster in slop than on better ground even if you carried a bargain bucket and Big Mac meal you would run faster on. Better ground     Slop n mud will slow the hare down fact slop n mud will take the stamina out the hare fact the hare will show up better on good ground but you kill machines want everything in ya favour so you invented “ hare skims over mud and dogs heavier” to make it sound like an even contest you got a stamina laden purpose bred dog running after a an animal that is slowed by slop can’t show it’s true run on slop and has its stamina zapped by slop then it’s heart explodes well done clap 👏 clap must be eventful lol 

You’ve just invented that hares are at the best on good going because that’s the only time a whippet might have a slight chance of catching one , then it makes you feel better thinking that took some catching on that ground with only 2mm of sink, I see what you’ve done there, very clever, but there’s no point kidding yourself 

3 hours ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Its a pointless argument really, everyone that knows anything about dogs will tell you a whippet will miss a lot more daytime hares than it’ll catch, feels like this threads been going round in circles for ages

it’s called be in. denile you have to own a big pair a blinkers to run a whippet lol 

5 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

You’ve just invented that hares are at the best on good going because that’s the only time a whippet might have a slight chance of catching one , then it makes you feel better thinking that took some catching on that ground with only 2mm of sink, I see what you’ve done there, very clever, but there’s no point kidding yourself 

I coursed have no interest in killing do u get that boot slipper 

Edited by green lurchers