Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

2 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Had both & id always have a bitch now if I’ve got the choice. Saw a couple of good dogs but most of the real good ones I’ve seen have been bitches, find that I get on better with them as well, more loyal & easier to train

a good strong dog is worth its weight 

you get good bitches like dogs but not the same 

i always find a dog more eager to please 

• Like 1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

i find dogs just want to please 

Completely agree. 

I seem to have, and have seen the opposite to other people on here. I've found whippet dogs want to please and once over that young twat stage are a joy, whereas whippet bitches are extremely head strong, not just mine I hasten to add. Found them to be equal work wise but dog had a teeny bit more stamina and strength.

But, my experiences might have been just the luck of the draw.

Lurchers I found bitches to be better?!

To live with a bitch is easier,  I have to lead walk from house and she will empty out bowels job done.

Where as the dog would piss and shit for miles, over a 2 and a bit mile walk a dozen dumps 50 pisses.

Unbelievable that fecker was perhaps he had something wrong with him.

• Haha 1

I find the opposite. No matter how good my bitches have been as workers, I seem to prefer my males.

If a bitch does something slightly wrong I'll be muttering about her under my breath but if a male does something I tend to think Oh well, never mind.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Neal said:

I find the opposite. No matter how good my bitches have been as workers, I seem to prefer my males.

If a bitch does something slightly wrong I'll be muttering about her under my breath but if a male does something I tend to think Oh well, never mind.

Obviously closet woofter 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Chaff said:

To live with a bitch is easier,  I have to lead walk from house and she will empty out bowels job done.

Where as the dog would piss and shit for miles, over a 2 and a bit mile walk a dozen dumps 50 pisses.

Unbelievable that fecker was perhaps he had something wrong with him.

no it’s an issue pissing every 5 foot is a nightmare lol

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

no it’s an issue pissing every 5 foot is a nightmare lol

This little bitch pup here bit one of those puffball things she got dusted up nose mouth lol.

I'm sure she was running faster after that 😆 

I must admit to owning a jrtxcollie bitch that learnt the longer she held it in the longer her lunchtime quick walks got lol Bitch when you only have 45min lunch break lol

This one I have now comes to work with me now so don't have that problem 

Think really it's what you put in to them at the right times makes for a good dog or bitch 

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, Moll. said:

Completely agree. 

I seem to have, and have seen the opposite to other people on here. I've found whippet dogs want to please and once over that young twat stage are a joy, whereas whippet bitches are extremely head strong, not just mine I hasten to add. Found them to be equal work wise but dog had a teeny bit more stamina and strength.

But, my experiences might have been just the luck of the draw.

Lurchers I found bitches to be better?!

I sort of agree in that the whippet dogs are more submissive than the bitches which tend to have a wicked streak. I think it just depends on what suits you and what you admire in your dogs. 

• Like 2

Well, going off the only dog I briefly owned in 1976, I think Gooey knows the one, even though he wasn't even born then, I'd always prefer a bitch.  All that sniffing and pissing every few yards, you get with dogs, apparently, plus the always on the lookout for bitches in heat, would probably drive me to distraction!!

From the dogs and bitches I've seen, workwise, probably nothing in it really.  As always, some are better than others.

Nah, I think I'd probably prefer bitches.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2