John Barnes

just watched it itv 4 , he was very good player in his day , he came over nice bloke with a lot of people in the game rate him as good on it, and good of the pitch good for the game . only 1 thing he said was you don't get many blacks in management jobs ,as he still would like to do that job ,and see other black people given the chance .!

Tranmere too... It's not the fact that he's black but simply the fact that he's crap.

This.. ^^^

Fed up of crap black managers playing the race card, plenty of white managers are shite and all and struggle to stay in their job..

He's been moaning about what a hard time blacks get for years now,didnt he start up some motor racing team for black drivers only :blink: f****n idiot !......got to be the most overrated England player ever 80 odd caps all on the back of that one great goal against Brazil...........people like him make me sick they desert their own country,come over here and make a good living,pretend to be all proud and patriotic towards the country they walked away from and refuse to go back to yet sit slagging off the country that made them !.............if he dont like the way things are done here theres a simple alternative thats always been there.

• Like 8

Didn't see it, but on the basis of what I know, I don't agree.

Barnes apparently said "A white manager loses his job and gets another job, he loses his job, he gets another job. Very few black managers can lose their job and get another job." That claim is made based on what..., the fact that he can't get a job in management? Chris Hughton done okay after getting bagged by Newcastle & Norwich...., or Chris Powell after Charlton.

How many white pro-license holders versus black coaches are out of work? No..., John Barnes can't get a job in football management because he's sh!t at it.

Les Ferdinand says "that entrenched racism in football is responsible for the disproportionately small percentage of coaches from black and ethnic minority (BME) backgrounds". Based on what? Around 4(ish)% of England's population are black. 5 out of around 116 managers in England's top 5 leagues are black...., so around 4%. What's disproportianate about that?

PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor voiced his belief that football has a "hidden resistance" preventing black managers getting jobs. I'll bet that more than 4% of football players in the top five divisions are black. Is that not disproportianate? What have Les or the PFA got to say about that?

No doubt racism exists in football, but is it really any worse than in the rest of society? Where racism exists I think it should be challenged, but I don't think the nation's media shouldn't be giving creedance to these sort of accusations without a bit of substance to back them up...., which there isn't.

• Like 3

He's been moaning about what a hard time blacks get for years now,didnt he start up some motor racing team for black drivers only :blink: f****n idiot !......got to be the most overrated England player ever 80 odd caps all on the back of that one great goal against Brazil...........people like him make me sick they desert their own country,come over here and make a good living,pretend to be all proud and patriotic towards the country they walked away from and refuse to go back to yet sit slagging off the country that made them !.............if he dont like the way things are done here theres a simple alternative thats always been there.

Thank Fukc For That . . I Was Sick Off Watching Him Start Every Game , No Matter How Bad He Played They'd Roll Out The Next Game & There He'd Be Starting Again . . Liverpool Fans Use To Say To Me "But You Don't Understand The Opposition Put Men On Him Which Lets Others Have A Free Role" . . I Right Then !!

Good post that.

He was utter pish at Celtic as Lab pointed out.