Immigrating To Canada

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi,   I posted on here a while ago about immigrating to Canada. I applied for my permanent residency back in may, and, good news, I have just received them now........ yippee ....... woop woop .

Hi Maxhardcore, heres an update for yah. As you know when we landed we stayed with friends and the first job was to get a vehicle to be able to drive about and look at areas that we would like to liv

hi all, my final update before we go, we have managed to sell nearly every thing with only my 4x4 left to sell, its actually gone quite smooth, we have got to say the rest of our good byes to friends

Posted Images

Best of Luck

Go for it with no regretts

Where abouts in Canada you planning on settling?

My grandfather ran away from home at 13-14 and made his way to Liverpool

Some how got on a boat and made his way over there

He came back 8 yrs later when a parent died but always spoke well of the country.

thanks mate, we are heading to Calgary, we are staying at our mates for a while then buying our own place, your grandfather was right about the country though,

Good luck tilley its -11 in ottawa today and the dollar isnt doing so good otherwise I would have been living there for a couple of years,i just cant hack the cold :cray: Havent been to calgary but it looks beautiful in pics and alberta has a great rep for hunting :yes:

Good luck matey,my sis in law and family moved to Calgary 5 years ago...absolutely love it and wont be coming back,fantastic lifestyle,be prepared for the cost of things,its mad expensive.....and I hope you like it cold :laugh: ATVB with your journey Dave

What occupation do you have? Do you need a preferred occupation to be eligible?

It depends on the route you take. My wife sponsored me, which is the quickest route. Check on the Canadian Immigration website, on there it will tell you the different routes you can take. Have you got the moving bug ?? I am in the building trade.

He went in 26

He was born in 13

He ended up in a place called Lindsay

He worked on the farms first few years

He said they were vast

Cold in the winter but beautiful summers

Last few years he worked on the road gangs as motor vehicles were becoming popular

Iv probably unknown relatives over there :)

In the last month or so of his life he was half mentioning a few things lol

It's on the bucket list somewhere along the line

Maybe a short stay in New York then up over thru

Maine over to see Niagra Falls then over to Ontario and Lindsay.

One Day

What a good story, he obviously enjoyed him self. It would nice if you could get there sooner than later as you could live the Canadian dream.

u taking any dogs over

I haven't got any dogs to take. Will be getting one once we settle in Calgary

• Like 1

u taking any dogs over

The sis in law took their Labrador over with them ,cost£3000 :icon_eek: A couple I know emigrated to Australia a few years ago ,spent thousands taking their shitzu.....when they met the landlord at their new rental property he said "what the feck is that .....not in my house ....no dogs" they spent thousands sending it back to Manchester,to her mams ,it was either that or PTS :yes: I know theyre very strict on the dogs in Calgary,brother in law got fined for letting the dog of its lead...only allowed off in designated areas,cats aren't allowed to leave the house at all....