Poaching D$$$Heads

Wish I could get a motor onto some of the permissions I lamp/ferret on. . . It would be Luxury.

The long walks back to the motor and heavy loads are what keep me fit as a butchers dog. :thumbs:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you have never been out and seen a decent bull xs 90 per cent plenty get used without a motor and whats makes you think its only bullxs used from a bus another ill informed comment

First time iv ever heard of someone losing permission they never even had,just go somewhere else where you not got any lol

There is a world of difference between catching a couple of rabbits on someone's land and leaving the place as if you were never there, and breaking down fences and driving all over someone's land the

Posted Images

Same story everywhere.

The death bell of lurcher work, will be rung by those amongst us, long before those outside.

Edited to add - I've recently been introduced to driving the land while lamping (on permission) and it's fantastic, anyone who says that the dogs must be shit. . . either they don't know bugger all, or they have only experienced the muppets doing it.

However, i've a friend who farms in an area with plenty of game, and they have had lads driving through fences, 50 yards from open gateways, and when they chained all of the gates, they just put chains round the gate posts and pulled them over. . . . .

Edited by Ideation
  • Like 7

There's dogmen that walk the fields and use a combination of fieldcraft and skill to find and get up to the quarry to work there dog. There's dogmen that drive the fields and use a moter to cover ground but let there dogs work unaided and theres LADS that rip fields to death with there Mudslingers smashing through fences and gates while chucking there dogs out on top of quarry then coursing with moter along with dogs while trying to predict the escape route to head it off "and put a bend in". For the lads who do this its not about lurcher work done by Dogmen but kill kill kill and numbers by clueless clowns.

Unfortunately we all get Tared with the same brush.

• Like 7

Iv never driven the fields or seen it done but I personally don't see the point in driving the fields after quarry for me its all about running my dogs on the quarry and not chasing it round in a motor but everyone does it differently don't they and like has already been said you will always get people that spoil it for others.

• Like 1

In my brief experience of it, the truck never left the headland, and the dog and lamp man, jumped out for the run. Just means you can cover a lot more ground, and driving round the field edge, somehow seems to spook some rabbits less, than dog and man walking it. Funnily enough, when I've done it, the slips have all been a lot longer than when on foot, as they have all been from the hedge out to where rabbit is, as opposed to walking in field and walking them up. On ground that isn't lifting with game, its a way to get 20-30 runs in front of the dog rather than 10 in the same number of hours. . . . and if there is f**k all in a 100 acre field, you don't have to walk all the way across the b*****d to get to the next one!

• Like 4