Does anyone know the right way to work out bmi? Wonder if I'm more over than underweight going by my height / weight cause I'm like an omplalompa (or however you spell it :laugh: )

Is it divide something by height, ah I can't remember

Divide weight by height ( kg/mtrs).................then divide the answer by your height again........................the answer is your bmi.

thanks, got a 21 score.. That don't sound good that :laugh:
the thing with them bmi calculators they give you a very low weight point. Even now the with the weight that I am it still says I'm overbase . Going by it I should only be around 10st.

atb j.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eat less + work out more = weight loss   Been saying it for years. Apparently I'm lacking in empathy and compassion, and its never a fat person's fault that they are fat...

I follow the whole food diet.........             the whole packet of biscuits, the whole bottle of Coke, the whole packet of popcorn........

21 it not bad mochara,,,,but them things can be way off,,,lots of very fit lads that carry a bit of muscle can be way over,,,,,the best measuring tool,,,,is the mirror,,,and just be honest when you lo

Posted Images

21 it not bad mochara,,,,but them things can be way off,,,lots of very fit lads that carry a bit of muscle can be way over,,,,,the best measuring tool,,,,is the mirror,,,and just be honest when you look in it

• Like 5

Funny old shape me TOMO. I used to be teeny tiny in height and weight. Now Ive a small small top half bigger bottom half, I wouldn't say muscley but toned... arms hold a noticeable bit of 'muscle' I don't really notice it myself but fella + mum noticed it when I was wearing a vest when that sunny spell was here.

Feck only knows where it's come from I don't go to a gym, must be working with the animals pushing and pulling at pigs and lifting goat FFS :laugh:

21 it not bad mochara,,,,but them things can be way off,,,lots of very fit lads that carry a bit of muscle can be way over,,,,,the best measuring tool,,,,is the mirror,,,and just be honest when you look in it

Bang on :thumbs:

intermittent fasting has worked very well for everyone i know whos tried it,it would be almost the polar opposite to how you do things by the look of it.

i cant speak highly enough of it tbh,dont get sick on it,loads of energy,good skin and hair (apparently :icon_redface: ),all sorts of health benefits.

only problem for me is i cant build much muscle on it.

At the risk of getting shot to shit for daring to buck tradition I wouldn't mind discussing this with you?

The fasting type diets work because on average you achieve a calorie deficit as the periods of binging are physically limiting, you just can't over eat this way. The 5:2 diet is a good example, the studies have shown that on the 5 feasting days people didn't eat more than 110% what they would in a normal day. Combining this with the two 600 calorie days results in a net weekly calorie deficit. This warrior diet sounds like it's taking a similar principle only over a 1 day period than a week period. There was a Horizon episode that explained all this if interested.

Everyone knows to gain lean mass you have to work to a calorie surplus, among a few other requirements, so you might find that this fast/binge type diet is great for maintaining your current weight and even cutting but doesn't allow you the ability to get the calories you need to stimulate muscle growth.

There are a lot of reported and documented benefits from fasting type diets though including improved intelligence. :thumbs:

i didn't notice this thread getting any replies so just seen this.

it's been a while since i've read up or studied i just generally test and adjust what helps with performance,but increased glycogen storage in the muscles and increased insulin sensitivity are 2 other big benefits.

read the book the warrior diet and another called eat stop eat both about fasting diets,if you want to go really in detail just youtube the name Ori Hoffmekler,very interseting stuff.

Human growth hormone, HGH, as lab can testify best fat burner and muscle builder there is. Lol

to run a cycle of that Can be quite expensive. Although I suppose prices vary on different 'suppliers'

I've read that book neems about the warrior diet,,,and done it for a couple of months,,,it works well,,,but I think like anything it depends on the individual ,,,,

One thing I did notice when doing was a loosing strength,,,of course that can happen to a degree when loosing weight,,,I don't really think it's a diet for strength athaleats ,,,body builders,,,or even sportsmen,,,,

Where I think that diet could help,,,is your avrage working man,,,who wants to loose a bit of spare,,,and who does a bit of training to keep in shape

The best measuring tool to condition Tomo is your eyes...lie they don't. Had a sted head rudely interupt me whilst i was speaking, so keen was he to speak of his prowess, i instructed me pal to put him on the subs bench and to specifically clock his mincers...next news the volume went up with me pal screaming 'listen fat bollox get to your doctors today, not tommorrow...today'...i believe a doctor confirmed later what me pal spied....the sted head would be having at least an heart attack in the next 12 month, i often pondered if he wore shades when he looked in the mirror or else so drunk on himself had he become then he could'nt see what was looking at him.

I've read that book neems about the warrior diet,,,and done it for a couple of months,,,it works well,,,but I think like anything it depends on the individual ,,,,

One thing I did notice when doing was a loosing strength,,,of course that can happen to a degree when loosing weight,,,I don't really think it's a diet for strength athaleats ,,,body builders,,,or even sportsmen,,,,

Where I think that diet could help,,,is your avrage working man,,,who wants to loose a bit of spare,,,and who does a bit of training to keep in shape

i only train for sport,like you i noticed a bit off a drop off with strength at first,but i read an article he wrote about upping the protein in such a way that it encourages you to metabolise the amino acids.

i tried that plan and my strength has steadily increased,feck knows if i actually do metabolise the amino acids better now,but % wise i eat a lot more protein and if anything have more energy.

i think you are right though in that this generally isn't good for strength athletes or bodybuilders.

These days you have little pretty boys walking into gyms with their uksca qualification thinking they are the bee,s knees throwing out all the long words and scientific data your willing to listen to........they,ve all spent the last year with their little ascc application pack under their arm on the road to glory of becoming............wait for it................a personal trainer !!!

• Like 4

Oi,,,my mrs is a pt,,,,,but yeh I get what your saying,,,lol,,,she was a nightmare when she qualified,,,always bending my ear about this exercise or some other,,,,,she seems to forget I started training in 89,, when she still a kid,,,

• Like 1