Done My Back In Any Help Or Advice

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You need to get down your local chemist mate and grab yourself a bottle of ... Man the f**k up lol .......

Don't let them fob you off with tabs get referred to the physio. My docs kept prescribing tablets (over a few years) and the xray showed nothing because my problem is muscular. I paid for a few differ

you could try a tens machine that gives out electric pulses its suppose to relax the muscle theres a setting depending on how strong you want them but i think you need to know exactly whats wrong firs

Trapped a nerve about 5 years ago while training, led to sciatica, from my back down my left testy, right down my left leg to my foot, real annoying feeling, an pain, ended up getting on with an just man up as socks sid, lets just say I prayed for healing an got it :-)

I've not long joined the gym and have done the same dead lifting, is that my gym time f****d now or should I still workout??

Trapped a nerve about 5 years ago while training, led to sciatica, from my back down my left testy, right down my left leg to my foot, real annoying feeling, an pain, ended up getting on with an just man up as socks sid, lets just say I prayed for healing an got it :-)

I've not long joined the gym and have done the same dead lifting, is that my gym time f****d now or should I still workout??

lets put it this way, your back is the engine to your body, the heart keep it alive, when the backs goes everything stops . you can work still out in the gym , but always remember not put to much strain on your lower back, even curling dumb bells, if to heavy will put strain on the lower back. work out with light weights to keep fit tone up, but I would be very wary of lifting any thing over your own body weight or just below . using light weights and swimming will keep you fit and good trim. :thumbs::yes:

lets put it this way, your back is the engine to your body, the heart keep it alive, when the backs goes everything stops . you can work still out in the gym , but always remember not put to much strain on your lower back, even curling dumb bells, if to heavy will put strain on the lower back. work out with light weights to keep fit tone up, but I would be very wary of lifting any thing over your own body weight or just below . using light weights and swimming will keep you fit and good trim. :thumbs::yes:

Thing is I'm strong with my back, my job as a railway lad ensured that. Lifting timbers and sleepers all day worked it well. I was doing deadlifting but think my form was piss poor on the way down, could feel a slight twinge on the day. But last week at work I was getting shooting pains in my ass and lower back, especially when twisting. I hope it's nothing to do with a disc though.

sorry mate but for a bad back there is no one cure. every single person here will have a differnt answer to what works for them

i did mine in properly, none of namby pamby slipped disk or trapped nerve poofta stuff. try three months in hospital paralised and three months learning to walk and a five hour op to redo the damage this muppet did to him self

so when i went down i tried the following and loads more

GP, complete waste of time, total scum bag tried to treat me without an x ray or mri scan and used tablets, total Tos*****r

chinise herbs and acupunture

phyiso, this person actualluy did more harm to me than good and was responcible for more time in hospital and was charged by me afterwards for gross misconduct and i won

caropractor, stay the F*** away from me you animal

ostiopath, see above. as a 40 year old man, my left knee is never ever to touch my right earole ever again, great and easy when your two but not 40yrs old, guy was the size of a rugga player and used all of it

tens, complete carp and waste of time

juju man

witchcraft and druidisiam

faith and hands heeling

i went through all of them and it all ways come back to the simple fact that you pay your money and takes ya chance

i do have a miricle cure for lower back pain sufferers though so try this

being not know for being sutle i appologise now for the thruth that is about to follow

i f**Ked my back up because i was a complet arrogant t**T so you have to proberly

a spine is a stack of tenis balls, held in place with a layer of muscle front and back and forward of it a foot away a second slab of mucle called the abdominals

these two muscle structures hold every thing up and solid.

what you are suffering from is fatbestard syndronne with no spine muscles to support it you stomach is doing all the work

you can have the largest super size abbs in the world but if you have nothing to opposite yours just a cripple waiting for a trapped nerve to happen and it will

the only thing that really does it for me is to increase the muscle support around the spine to counter my fat tum on the other side

the greatest back recover exercise to do is the following one, done over the next couple of days you will soon get up and going. you need to do it when ever you feel like as many times a day for as long as you like,

the rules are simple, this is a painfree exercise, if it hurts rest it or stop doing it wrong

lie face down on the floor stretch out and relax, ok the wonder exercise is this , keeping you jeg straight and stiff and unbent, lift it. yep thats it lift you leg you fat giit lift it by 2mm, yes again thats right 2mm off the floor, what we are doing is stretching ( not exerciseing) the whole muscle load that holds your bottom half to your top have on your spine, these are the ones that hold the tenis balls in line and in place.

we are stretching here so 2mm is enough to load the muscles but not to exercise or strain them

someone mentioned taking a rest for a few days and so on with a bad back, i suggest the opposite totally, when i have a bad back i spend the first day or half day in bed, but not sleeping but face down stretching this way, i spend the second day floating and swimming around a swimming pool/sauna/steam room and cold showers, all of these are " non loading exercises" they do it for horses and i am the size of a horse

the thrid day is more of the stretching day on day one, day three its wearing off

other suggestions.

STOP TAKING PAIN KILLERS

they mask the damage you are doing by over working the spine, if its painfull sstop ya silly sod and try some thing else less painfull

apart from that lot, get well soon lots of love pete

Edited by hedgerow pete
  • Like 1

I've had a bad back for over 10 years there are no instant fixes I've had the spasms sciatica pain from a traped never we only ever got down too the bottom of it after I had a mri that showed I had 3 damaged disks and a damaged vertebrae and a prolapsed disk I went threw so much pain one would not believe too the point walking 200 m out the house was the breaking point crying on lying down on the pavement too crying trying too take a shit on the toilet too looking like the hunchback of notredam now for fixes there is none like they all say you should off paid better care too your back before it was broken is true we're all guilty off it just lifting some thing we should not have or doing something stupid like falling off a roof landing on steps and getting up and pretending like your a hard c**t and can carry on if you do go down the doctor route all I can say is get them c**ts too send you for a mri cos you don't know what's happening till you get that and the doctor route is long and full of drugs now don't get me wrong some drugs do help they are not fixes and can help you get About the house and I found yoga helped a little not enuf too get me off the morphine sounds pansy I know but yoga can help its all about strength in the muscles in your back too keep your spine properly aligned but the only thing that has put a fix on the condition I had was surgery and it's not too be taken lightly cos there are horror stories out there some folk feeling worse then before the surgery but for myne it worked too no gods amount I could kiss my surgeon that fixed myne too go threw the 6 months of not being able too walk or do much I could not even think about going out for a lamp or a dig too now being able too take long walks up mountains too enjoying a beer cos even when I was on the drugs I could not drink one can of beer would have me on the toilet for 4 hours not nice I can tell ya from a man that likes he's beer but if there is one advice I can give is try the cyriopractors they might fix you in the one session like they used too do for me but if they don't keep at your doctors for that mri is all the advice I can give

• Like 1