Rod Licence

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i was on the top beat of the welsh dee ,llangollen anglers stretch miles away from anywhere stood waist deep salmon fishing , feck me i nearly jumped out of my skin when a EA bailiff asked to see my

I often think it would be good to have a licence option -perhaps for a fiver extra- that allows you to take a mate or family member who doesn't go very often as long as they share a swim with the lic

Who do you think you are going about asking people to show you their licence, one of them honary bailiff's, little hitler's, i mean w*****s, see you on the bank sometime.

i was on the top beat of the welsh dee ,llangollen anglers stretch miles away from anywhere stood waist deep salmon fishing , feck me i nearly jumped out of my skin when a EA bailiff asked to see my license beggar waded in & crept up like a ninja behind me :laugh:

• Like 3

Exactly, they are up and down the salmon river's. I believe in the licence money going to the right place not just the salmon and trout brigade, something goes wrong on one of their river's and it's all out at all cost's but coarse fish being took for the table or oxygen problem's and they turn up 2-3 day's later.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Never got checked for 10+ yrs, forgot to renew one night and text the Mrs to tell her to get me one online when she woke up... Then as I was setting up guess who arrives...... Whilst there handing me the fine paper etc my Mrs texts and says she's done it. I had letters saying I must go to court etc after a few phonecalls and they obviously looked and saw that I had one for the previous 20 yrs on the trot they let me off with a caution. I've just literally ordered mine again 10 mins ago as I'm off for a dangle tomorrow. Mate for 27 quid I'd just bite the bullet

Always had a license in all the years I have been fishing.

I only fish private/club/syndicate waters now but it is the principle.

Also a member of the Wild Trout Trust.

I respectfully check everyone I meet and expect the same to happen to me - I have been asked probably on average once a year.

I can only speak from experience but the EA and WTT do some fine work around my way on all types of waters.

However I doubt they would mount a 24hr 7 days a week patrol for carp like they did to stop our friends from the East taking everything that swims during the salmon run.

Never had a fishing licence, answer me this please someone how can they find you for not having one, who enforces it and do the balifs have any power atall, Im only into river fishing and small time carp fishing on smalllakes, I'm thinking of getting into it properly and would have go consider a licence but it seems stupid to me if I pay the fee to fish the water why has any man got the right to fine me fof something so petty

Theirs nearly always some one in the local papers court reports for fishing with out one with average fines of £200 and another £100 in costs for the sake of buying a license and never have i seen a forighn name prosecuted for not having one.

Theirs nearly always some one in the local papers court reports for fishing with out one with average fines of £200 and another £100 in costs for the sake of buying a license and never have i seen a forighn name prosecuted for not having one.

They probably don't give their real name and address when caught!

Or the i no speak english.Only this week a lithunanian lorry driver at work was saying he had been fishing the local canal and i asked if he had a rod license wich i showed him mine he did not know he needed one.

If some random person asked me for my details I would tell them I don't know them and I'm not prepared to give any info about myself what so ever and that goes for water balifs, why should I give my details