Rod Licence

Just got one of my pair online. Fancied a bit in the morning and for what its worth its not worth the arse ache. First trip of the season, cant wait. It`ll be only for a few hours, but I should be able to produce. Wont be able to sleep now. :laugh:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i was on the top beat of the welsh dee ,llangollen anglers stretch miles away from anywhere stood waist deep salmon fishing , feck me i nearly jumped out of my skin when a EA bailiff asked to see my

I often think it would be good to have a licence option -perhaps for a fiver extra- that allows you to take a mate or family member who doesn't go very often as long as they share a swim with the lic

Who do you think you are going about asking people to show you their licence, one of them honary bailiff's, little hitler's, i mean w*****s, see you on the bank sometime.

what you out after?

Was gonna go fish a little free pond for a mixed bag of small stuff, but by the time I would have got some maggots it wouldnt have been worth going so opted for the last swim on a small commercial.

Picked my cousin up at 8, was fishing for 8.40. and had the one and only fish at 11.01 just getting ready to leave. A 16.2 common.

• Like 2

Always had a license in all the years I have been fishing.

I only fish private/club/syndicate waters now but it is the principle.

Also a member of the Wild Trout Trust.

I respectfully check everyone I meet and expect the same to happen to me - I have been asked probably on average once a year.

I can only speak from experience but the EA and WTT do some fine work around my way on all types of waters.

However I doubt they would mount a 24hr 7 days a week patrol for carp like they did to stop our friends from the East taking everything that swims during the salmon run.

Who do you think you are going about asking people to show you their licence, one of them honary bailiff's, little hitler's, i mean w*****s, see you on the bank sometime.

• Like 2

:hmm: good point ,i will gladly allways show (lol no choice ) to the appointed bailiffs , but as stated i wouldnt feel happy if some one asked to see mine who really didnt need to :thumbs:

It was one of the club rules in my old club. It was an offence, punishable by a booking to not to show your club ticket and rod license to another member if requested. One too many bookings and they would review your membership for next year, or instant dismissal. There wasnt many done it, only a couple of self righteous old men hiding behind their age and a couple of young guns who thought they were a bit tasty. Usually one of the bailiffs lads.

I spose its a way of encouraging a bit extra policing, as most club bailiffs cant be there 24/7, But some club members will be, baiting up, walking the dog ect. And lets face it, our waterways need all the protection we can give them from those who shouldnt be there, removing fish...

• Like 2

I respectfully check everyone I meet and expect the same to happen to me - I have been asked probably on average once a year.

I can only speak from experience but the EA and WTT do some fine work around my way on all types of waters.

However I doubt they would mount a 24hr 7 days a week patrol for carp like they did to stop our friends from the East taking everything that swims during the salmon run.

:icon_eek: You said if I show mine you would show me yours :laugh:

• Like 2

I often think it would be good to have a licence option -perhaps for a fiver extra- that allows you to take a mate or family member who doesn't go very often as long as they share a swim with the licence holder and you only use one rod each. After-all the licence covers two rods in the same swim anyway.

My dad hasn't fished for a couple of years due to health but it would pleasant to get him out on a sunny day without the hassle of arranging a short-term rod licence for a couple of hours on the bank.

• Like 3

:hmm: good point ,i will gladly allways show (lol no choice ) to the appointed bailiffs , but as stated i wouldnt feel happy if some one asked to see mine who really didnt need to :thumbs:

It was one of the club rules in my old club. It was an offence, punishable by a booking to not to show your club ticket and rod license to another member if requested. One too many bookings and they would review your membership for next year, or instant dismissal. There wasnt many done it, only a couple of self righteous old men hiding behind their age and a couple of young guns who thought they were a bit tasty. Usually one of the bailiffs lads.

I spose its a way of encouraging a bit extra policing, as most club bailiffs cant be there 24/7, But some club members will be, baiting up, walking the dog ect. And lets face it, our waterways need all the protection we can give them from those who shouldnt be there, removing fish...

yes i was also in a similar club & i agree the fishings need protecting , i gave up fishing a trout fishery near here because of all the EE blatantly poaching every time i was there (i was boat fishing ), i was paying £30 a day to fish they got it for free poor old fishery owners had their hands tied they dissapeared into the woods soon as anyone came ,they came right back moment they was gone it just did my head in they really are a load of trouble , but as i said if a complete stranger came & asked to see my license i would question his authority :thumbs:

Anyone has the right to ask you and if you have one why would you object - If you refused then we have a different issue and its people with attitudes like that whom I particularly enjoy challenging - indeed my friend it would be nice to meet you on the bank :yes:

Anyone has the right to ask you and if you have one why would you object - If you refused then we have a different issue and its people with attitudes like that whom I particularly enjoy challenging - indeed my friend it would be nice to meet you on the bank :yes:

So if I refused to show you my license (which I definetly would)how exactly do you propose to challenge me :hmm:

• Like 1

I often think it would be good to have a licence option -perhaps for a fiver extra- that allows you to take a mate or family member who doesn't go very often as long as they share a swim with the licence holder and you only use one rod each. After-all the licence covers two rods in the same swim anyway.

My dad hasn't fished for a couple of years due to health but it would pleasant to get him out on a sunny day without the hassle of arranging a short-term rod licence for a couple of hours on the bank.

You can get a 1 day ticket,think theyre about £4 :thumbs:

So if I refused to show you my license (which I definetly would)how exactly do you propose to challenge me :hmm:

Have a read of the legislation - nuff said ;)

Have a read of the legislation - nuff said ;)

You would ask me to read legislation ....and wink at me :icon_eek::hmm: Let me tell you what would happen to you,or me for that matter,if you ask /challenge people on the bank.Chances are you would receive a good beating and a swimming lesson,should you be big and hard enough to make them think twice ,your car would be done,and or they ask to see yours which if memory serves me right shows your home address,by the time you get home your house is emptied,then when you leave for work( they will have sussed the value of your tackle whilst speaking to you) your tackle will be lifted aswell :yes: Don't forget they often do a return visit for the (now replaced under the house insurance)new tackle too :bye: