Sign in to follow this  
keepitcovert

Who Wears The Poppy

How many of you wear the poppy, i always do but it seems to me that some people seem to find it slightly embarrasing, christ knows why, ive seen a lot of young people wearing it and credit due to them for realising the sacrifice made, so that they can have the freedom of choice to do as they please. Reason i ask is this i was talking to a woman in the pub and her view was that wearing the poppy was a sign of glorification of war. Now i will listen to anyones point of view but i found that pretty disrespectful to the many that made the ultimate sacrifice , whats your view. :hmm:

would have no shame in wearing a poppy and i put 2 quid in the collection box that was on reception at work but i did refused a poppy. 2 quid is not a lot but if i take a poppy somebody else might not put in the box if the poppy's have run out. i always refuse the poppy,s, pens, stickers etc no matter what the charity is .

Not usually, I just don't enjoy wearing stuff like that. I pay my respects but wearing a poppy isn't part of that. Only time I would is for an occasion, not daily.

i do and my little lad wears his with pride and we also go to the marches and he always claps proudly has they march past i think a mark of respect is little to ask given what theses have given us

I wear a poppy wrist band ... and if im going out somewhere dressed up id put a poppy on..

think some people wear poppys to stop getting asked for a donation ...

• Like 1

Btw im not insinuating you people who wear poppys do so , so you dont get asked for a donation

Most certainly

It's the least we can do to remember all those who sacrificed life and limbs and raise money for a worthy cause at the same time.

IMO it's a Brits duty to wear their Poppy with Pride.

• Like 1

Don't know who wouldn't wear one to be honest. Always have since the days where they'd come into our class and everyone would put a quid in. Wonder if the schools do it these days or too scared to offend.