Who Wears The Poppy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wear mine with pride. I bought one the other day and my 5 year old asked me what it was for, when i explained he put £1 of his pocket money into the collection tin for one. ... That made me even mo

I wear mine with pride, (lest we forget)

Are they not allowed to honour and remember their dead that were sent into battle without choice under a regime?   Not all of the German population were hell bent on war contrary to popular belief.

I wear mine with pride. I bought one the other day and my 5 year old asked me what it was for, when i explained he put £1 of his pocket money into the collection tin for one. ... That made me even more proud!

The fact he lost it 10 mins later is irrelevant Lol

• Like 6

The biggest attraction in the whole of london is the Poppy's at the tower . Thousands each day with family's from all over coming , you can see the grandparents explaining the significance of the poppy to the kids it's nice to see ,and yes I wear mine with pride !

• Like 1

I remember a few years ago a German player (might have been Klinnsman), who was appearing as a pundit on MOTD, wearing one! I'm not saying anyone is being forced by the BBC to wear one, but they are obviously being 'given the option' before they are put in front of the camera. Why would/should a German feel obligated to wear a poppy?

Are they not allowed to honour and remember their dead that were sent into battle without choice under a regime?

Not all of the German population were hell bent on war contrary to popular belief.

• Like 3

I wear with pride and thanks, but a poppy only lasts about a day with me before getting wrecked.

I buy several as I lose most of them LOL

Mrs. bought 2 of those big plastic ones so we've got one on each motor now. :thumbs:

Same with all the charity wrist bands, I buy them but don't wear them, they are all round my car rear view mirror bracket. :yes:

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

I remember a few years ago a German player (might have been Klinnsman), who was appearing as a pundit on MOTD, wearing one! I'm not saying anyone is being forced by the BBC to wear one, but they are obviously being 'given the option' before they are put in front of the camera. Why would/should a German feel obligated to wear a poppy?

Are they not allowed to honour and remember their dead that were sent into battle without choice under a regime?

Not all of the German population were hell bent on war contrary to popular belief.

Think you missed my point Hutch. My objection is that (it's my belief that) the BBC feel the need to dress everyone in poppies before they go on TV. I think it's done to avoid complaints, but in doing so it lacks sincerity and becomes just another PC box tick. The Germans can commemorate their dead any way they like, I care not one iota.