Goodnature Co2 Traps

Did anyone read the article in the NGO magazine about the use of goodnature traps in new zealand.

http://www.goodnature.co.nz/index.php?pageID=products&productId=4

Basically they were tested and are set to be the go to trap over there as they self reset, and reduce manpower and trap check/reset times by a massive margin. The check and reset is the main problem over there due to the area covered and terrain.

Anyway the jist of it is, they might end up over here, and if further anti poison measures are pushed, are meant to be the next step..

Whats does everyone else think?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quote: 'why would it need approval, there are no springs in it'   Interesting point - I seem to think that the Nooski was on the HTAO and that is not a spring trap as we know it ...   The NZ agend

I could see those traps cammo'ed up in the top of a tree being devastating for squirrels.   TC

http://youtu.be/HMYiL3C60uc

Just watched a video on YouTube, it will be good for 2-3 kills then the bodies will stop anything else being able to enter.....

If used with bucket underneath ,,,you could get quite a few in,,,,just build a narrow bridge acros the bucket,,,

Looks a great little trap

• Like 1

I could see those traps cammo'ed up in the top of a tree being devastating for squirrels.

TC

Be great wouldn't they,,,just put in place high up out of prying eyes,,,,and collect dead bodies from below the tree

• Like 1

Expensive if you needed to by 10 or more ... How much are the co2 cartridges and how many strikes do you get before you have to change it ...........

And are the CO2 cartridges affected by the cold?

Expensive if you needed to by 10 or more ... How much are the co2 cartridges and how many strikes do you get before you have to change it ...........

And are the CO2 cartridges affected by the cold?

Good question, It seems they are, the colder it gets the more the pressure drops. I done a google for Co2 gas the best one I could come up with that explained it was on a home brew forum.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/co2-tank-pressure-129540/

It seems that by putting the Co2 canister in the fridge it lost 25% of it's normal output at room temperature.

TC