Anyone Wait For Perfect Conditions ??

Does anyone else wait for prefect lamping conditions ? Ie windy, dark , cool and bit of rain ? I am thinkin of goin out tonight but it will not be much wind and I think it's pointless going out but then again my dog isn't gonna catch any rabbits sat in the kennel.

What's ur views as I don't want to make rabbits lamp shy by not running in conditions that they won't be as likely to stick ?

If its going to be poor for lamping ill just go daytime.How old the dog is plays a major role in determining if the conditions are ideal,a sapling ill attempt to make sure the conditions best suit the dogs ability,an educated mutt ill take out when I have the time,when I have the time is rarely ideal so we sometimes have to take what we have.

• Like 3

Going back when I started yes I was brought up and taught only if the night was right but that said if the conditions was good enough there was no excuses for not going out and that was expected of me but to put this into context the best night ive ever had round local was 21 rabbits and that was between three of us each catching seven and being out from 12 till 5 ish

These days I hardly go out round local and head off up north were theres many more rabbits and they are much easier caught and a very average night can produce 30 rabbits in a breath in comparison

It all depends on you and your attitude towards your dog if the rabbits are hard and get run regular and you want to give it the best chance like I was brought up to do wait for the right conditions at the end you got to right by your dog theres always another night.

Conditions where I am have been just about as good as you'll get over the last few days. Just starting mine (almost a year old) and she's had a couple of sitters but finding them, or the 'easier' runs, hasn't been easy. I tend to try and avoid going over the same ground too often as the rabbits just get used to seeing you and do one as soon as they see the lamp. Also I'll try and keep off my 'hotspots' until the conditions are right.

Everyone to they own, but I never used to sit around waiting for the perfect night, even a still night and big moon can produce, and it gets your dog out. You never know what will tun up on what night until you get out there and have a look.

• Like 1

Does anyone else wait for prefect lamping conditions ? Ie windy, dark , cool and bit of rain ? I am thinkin of goin out tonight but it will not be much wind and I think it's pointless going out but then again my dog isn't gonna catch any rabbits sat in the kennel.

What's ur views as I don't want to make rabbits lamp shy by not running in conditions that they won't be as likely to stick ?

you wait for perfect conditions you might only lamp 8 times in the season my dad told me you'd kill fuckall in the house
  • Like 1

Lol well just been out for a shine saw f**k all apart from 1 which was already running so slipped the dog and caught it so can't complain but it was a new place close by so I will go back and check on a windy night but like I said before my dog wouldn't of had a run sat in kennel