Gazza Arested Again

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favourite memory of Gazza was when he turned up at the Raoul Moat saga, with fishing rod, a KFC and a few tinnies, to try end the siege. The man's a legend.

How many times can you try and help someone who is just bent on self destruction?   TC

Because in England we dont look after are own,every other f****r yes ,but not our own!!

He cuts a pathetic figure now, sad to see...although no sadder to me than seeing the nick of any other jakey where it's all gone to ratsh!t because of the booze. I've got sympathy for Gascoigne and all alcoholics because to some extent I think it's in the DNA. Just born with with an 'addictive' gene. Bad luck really.

Bollocks! I have that gene, it's about self control and recognising that you have the ability to become a fucktard with the booze or anything else really :thumbs:

• Like 1

He cuts a pathetic figure now, sad to see...although no sadder to me than seeing the nick of any other jakey where it's all gone to ratsh!t because of the booze. I've got sympathy for Gascoigne and all alcoholics because to some extent I think it's in the DNA. Just born with with an 'addictive' gene. Bad luck really.

Bollocks! I have that gene, it's about self control and recognising that you have the ability to become a fucktard with the booze or anything else really :thumbs:
Spot on mush.....I'm the same, but it's about simple choices & keeping your weaknesses in check, no ones holding a gun to your head.....

& certainly I wouldn't expect sympathy & endless chances from every other fcuker!

Edited by Accip74

He was offered a lift to training only last week .think it was by HR to help the kids in training so mustnt took up the offer ah well .the man was a goodun but that dosent mean they have to look after him for life he could had countless jobs on tv but wouldnt turn up .

Problem is, his brains were allways in his feet and not in his head, even before the drinking started. He would probably have been classed as educationaly sub normal now. If it hadn't been for his footballing ability, he would just have been a drunken chav that people crossed the street to avoid. Unfortunately his abilty and money attracted the wrong sorts to him and he was / is gullable enough to be easily led astray. He has had more help and advice than any other person with his problems but without his fame and money have had. It's sad to see him like this, but I'm afraid only he can help himself now, and he just doesn't want to help himself.

• Like 1

I also have that gene as have a few in my family ....self control is easy enough if you have the right people around you and the right situations ...but it can take just one thing to trigger it off ....a member of my family has become just a wreck a mere shadow of himself physically and mentally ...this was the toughest man myself and many other knew ...ive never met some one with so much determination ...very clever he was at the top of his game in his profession drink has got a hold of him and theres no going back so its not as straight forward as you say it is mushroom

Most of us can pick it up or put it down, especially if it's having a negative impact on life.., work, family etc. but there's some who don't seem to be able to exercise self control....even if they do realise they're being a 'fucktard'. That's kind of what addiction is...going back to something you know isn't good for you but being unable to stop yourself....i.e. no self control.

It can be beat by most with the right support but some obviously never do. Do believe there's something in the genes though..., like I said some of us can cane it for years and pack it all in when it suits us. Some wind up rattling outside the paper shop at 7 in the morning trying to buy a bottle of gin. That's not something anyone would choose to do.

Lived with it most of my life seen it destroy family members and also have my own addictions and could quite easily add alcohol to them! I recognize this, I just keep a control and don't make excuses to justify it, it's my responsibility but I look at some of my family members I wonder how the fuuck they allowed themselves to get to that stage ;)

• Like 1

Lived with it most of my life seen it destroy family members and also have my own addictions and could quite easily add alcohol to them! I recognize this, I just keep a control and don't make excuses to justify it, it's my responsibility but I look at some of my family members I wonder how the fuuck they allowed themselves to get to that stage ;)

Good for you. Do you think some people are more pre-disposed to addiction than others? There's definitely something in a person's physicality that makes them more likely to become 'addicted'...,or do you just see at as 'weakness'. Maybe it's the same thing?

Really don't know but it's not just drink and drugs that you can get addicted to for me my heroin is getting a deal signed and money in the bank I seriously get a rush off it. Also extreme sports do it for me amongst other things lol and I have to stay away from bandits lol mugs game

Good for you. Do you think some people are more pre-disposed to addiction than others? There's definitely something in a person's physicality that makes them more likely to become 'addicted'...,or do you just see at as 'weakness'. Maybe it's the same thing?

I think it can be hereditary.....the guy I mentioned earlier in the thread, his 2 brothers & sister were all addicts & their father before them......one of the brothers drank himself to death whilst living 2 doors down from me, he was only 53!

This wasn't some deprived family who had a bad start in life, it's just inside them.....now my mates younger brother is struggling with drink, that's 3 generations, all had a decent start in life....

I've inherited it from my dad also......but he's always kept a grip on it, never letting it slide out of control & I'm much the same, but it's always there......I'd say a mild/moderate addictive personality in my case.

I sort of see addiction as weakness. Most addicts always seem to drowne themselfs in self pitty. The bloke has kids what could be a greater motivation than that? Not sure if its genetic but my granddad was an alcoholic, my dads an alcoholic and my brother defiantly has it in him. He can work all week get paid Friday come Monday hasn't a penny and wants to borrow money so he can get to work. Hasn't done anything or gone out anywhere fancy just brought drink and shoved it up his nose. Start of every month he says his gonna save some money this month and do this n that or buy something...never manages it. Hard to have any sympathy when you've been around addicts and seen what they are like.

• Like 1