Other Hobbies Other Than Hunting

Nice pics mate

For me its obviously shooting but fishing ,drinking ,drinking and fishing at same time lol, tinkering with cars and engines ,just getting into photography well trying to

I fished for years and never had a 20lb carp, so bought the bivvy and all the trimmings and set about it. Managed 3 topped by a 24lb 4oz common, but the best part of the trip was as the sun was going down I'd pop open a bottle of red and sit there watching the bats taking the mosquitos... good times. Used to do 3 days at a time so, 3 bottles :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 2

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The rabbits are well under control at my permission, so I don't get down there so much lately. I know some do pest control as a job, and not as a hobby/passtime. Just wondered what others do alongside

Past hobbies, the ones I used to juggle around work... I played football till the age of 42, when I realised knocks and bumps were taking longer to heal.   I've had a go at radio controlled model ai

I like weight training ,,,,closely followed by eating,,,,,perhaps that should be the other way round.....

Posted Images

Nice pics mate

For me its obviously shooting but fishing ,drinking ,drinking and fishing at same time lol, tinkering with cars and engines ,just getting into photography well trying to

I fished for years and never had a 20lb carp, so bought the bivvy and all the trimmings and set about it. Managed 3 topped by a 24lb 4oz common, but the best part of the trip was as the sun was going down I'd pop open a bottle of red and sit there watching the bats taking the mosquitos... good times. Used to do 3 days at a time so, 3 bottles :laugh: :laugh:

Sounds like bliss mate well done on the carp my best around 15 lbs but enjoy trying and just been there at side of pond middle of night nothing better for a summer night

Not got any other hobbies as such now, only other apart from hunting I've had was golf, during a non hunting few years.......it became quite addictive(I have a mild addictive personality). But the more I walked around the courses, often lined with woodland & blocks of cover, the more I thought about hunting.....& the money was crippling lol. So I sacked it!

I pick up a guitar everyday, music is a big part of my life & I'm mad keen on cooking.......read as much as I have time to, used to be another addiction, but more moderate these days.....

Have quite a high maintenance garden with big trees & hedges........currently a decent herb garden, edible & smokeable....;-)

A 14 month old boy & 12 month old terrier keep me plenty busy during the day.....

& a bit of belgium beer in the evenings......:-)

Nice paintings....

• Like 4

Not really had hobbies just stuff I'd always done. This year I grew some veggies in a little patch and got the little un's involved and thats gonna be our thing for the foreseeable future, get to eat what you grow and teach the kids a few valuable lessons along the way.

• Like 4

i boxed a bit and played rugby and cricket years ago, also learnt guitar and love reading, but these days i dont seem to have time for much. long hours at work, a young family and livestock to manage at home means that every second is accounted for nowadays!

Before the season ended I lamped most nights till the lighter nights starting to creep in. Then I started meeting people out on the country lanes a lot . And wondered wtf they doing about at this time of night. So decided to follow one night and relised they were dogging. And from then on I had found a new hobby...now I'm finding it hard to pic up ma lamp and doing what I loved used to do.

Past hobbies, the ones I used to juggle around work... I played football till the age of 42, when I realised knocks and bumps were taking longer to heal.

I've had a go at radio controlled model aircraft, making and flying.

Used to cook a fair bit, and got p1ssed off eating commercial bangers full of crap, so started making my own using pork bought from a smallholding in Kent. I would buy half a pig and as well as an array of sausages, I got into dry curing bacon, curing hams and salamis, making brawn, home-made faggots are superb. Used to buy a lamb occasionally and would request the pluck to make haggis. Sometimes would buy some beef and cure it into bresaola. I've also made venison pastrami.

No wonder I'm fat :laugh:

post-84277-0-16829600-1409368336_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

There's a Yorkshire lass that I follow on Instagram, Coral Rose, very talented artist that does a lot of dogs and country/sporting work. If you like art, check her out.

I try and keep in shape, lifting twice a week and running once. Also shoot work to do all year. House work seems like a never ending job.

Had a look at her website, very talented artist, must be very pleasing to get results like those. :thumbs:

other than the dog, i used to keep tropical fish but started on marine fish keeping now which sees most of my cash gone :yes::yes:

and i recently joined a gym thought it was about time to sort myself out a bit ( a lot ) lol

been going 3 times a week and will up it to 5/6 days soon ..also worth going to just look at the pussy :icon_redface::icon_redface::D:D

Took up curling last year as I used to sponsor my local club every year got Invited for a shot and really enjoyed it , took it like duck to water and managed a wee trophy ??get a free membership for the golf courses I do but not had a game this year due to injury ?