Folk are scared of dieing Max and full of mongy giult...so to speak

if every fucka's house in a run down city is now 100k, then what the f**k are them churches priced at to replicate, Lowry didnt paint matchstick men and the dogs cause every fucka was havin it off

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I was a child I prayed to god and asked for a bike, but I knew god didn't work that way so I stole one and asked for forgiveness instead ?.

I will clearly state that my belief is that God does NOT exist. However, you can't prove that something doesn't exist, so if your telling me that I'm wrong, then I'm going to need some proof. Proof th

I've had a google and they reckon it's about 5000 pairs. What I can't understand if God was so powerful, powerful enough that he can make the world, he could do all these amazing things. He summons a

Posted Images

But if in the shit so to speak why pray for something you don't believe in :)

the catholics have been brought up know that the last chance salon is available to them no matter how they've lived thier lives..by taking confession just prior to the out..you're told that before your debut appearance in the dark box with the non face showing adult stranger....it's too ill to think about to be honest Max

In regards to "what was there before the explosion" let's give theories such as multiverse, string, quantum, bubble, dimensional a chance to develop eh? Simply put we have no way of understanding why space is there yet, the matter is not as difficult to explain but as for a man in the sky give over ffs

But lets get one thing straight, none of those hypothesis say "the universe came from nothing"! Drains my soul everytime I have to read that as a justification for creation. LOL

Not a justification to explain that which cannot be created or destroyed lol

So remind me again why it is i need to prove something with facts to you but you dont need to prove something with facts to me.......both knowing neither of which can be proven with facts ?......If a world reknowned genius says he cant be 100% sure God doesnt exist what makes you 100%.....What do you know that he doesnt ?....This " onus " being on the believer sounds a bit of a cop out to me......like this thing of " progress takes time " being a reason 80% of people worldwide still believe.....i mean come on how long does it take for man to get his finger out ?....after thousands of years of learning still only a relatively small % have uncovered this truth,which im sure you would agree is staggeringly slow progress for something so ridiculously absurd as believing in God ??

What don't I have to prove to you Gnasher? That God doesn't exist? How can I do that when theists can't define what God is? It's like asking you to find me something but not telling you what you're looking for. You get the problem?

Nobody can be 100% sure of anything. Proof isn't ever 100% it's in fact simply high probability. I can't be sure their isn't a God, I can't be sure their isn't a tooth fairy, I can't be sure Nessy doesn't live in my toilet, but in the absence of utterly anything to suggest any of those are true why on Earth would I give any of them credability when they clearly have none? Does that mean they are false? No. Does it mean they are unlikely? Yes. I'm not an agnostic, because all the evidence points towards no god, so my belief is that there is no God.

Onus of proof being on the person making the claim is not a cop out at all, the one making a claim has to define their position clearly so it can be scrutinised and either proved or disproved. That's pretty simple logic as otherwise people could make any claim at all and it would have to be accepted as true.

Progress, what do you want from me, lol, Science is trying to unravel the entire Universe, it's not like solving a rubbix cube. There may always be questions and as long as there are questions there will be those that believe God is the answer to them. Thing is, God is the answer to less and less of those questions as the decades role on by. You think I'm arrogant to stand out from the masses..... I think I'm brave enough not to let my fear of the world I live in blind me from the truth.

But we can be sure of one thing, we will all die, and there are three great mysteries in the life of man, death, birth and re-birth, and to the old people magic controlled them all, not Paul daniels pulling a rabbit from a hat magic, but the microcosm in touch with the macrocosm type magic,if you are scared of death, as most christians are, you are scared of living also, all the piety in the world wont save you from the end, at the end of the day, when the body is too old or sick to give us pleasure any more, we will all be gathered to our fathers, to spend your life in abject terror of what comes after, is to me a waste of your life, enjoy, be good, help the needy, and you will be fine, no dead man nailed to a piece of wood will ever alter your fate, or judge you, the forces of the universe will decide your fate.

I bet best part of folk who either don't believe in a Creator or sit on the fence who were in a real life or death violent dodgy situation or had a close friend or family member diognosed with a serious life threatening illness ' I bet a penny to a pound 80-90% of them if not more would be offering up prayers :)

i must be the odd one then. been in them situations and god was the last thing on my mind, blamed myself, even looked for reasons to blame others but to ask a god for help that even believers agree will not help would be nothing more than desperation, if it was thought there was a chance albiet a remote one that a banana might save you, you would be looking for a banana out of desperation not belief,

Hareydave I'm saying best part of non believers would start knocking prayers out if a close family member was diognosed with a serious life threatening illness or in a real life threatening situation with time to think.

Why ?

If they don't believe in anything pray to a god they don't think exists ?

Well then they are pretty f***ing flimsy in their beliefs aren't they. :laugh:

Besides, it says more about the human condition than it does about the existance of God. I've believed for a long time that the God concept is a survival mechanism that allows people to keep their heads in desperate situations which has the effect of improving their chances of survival in those situations.

• Like 1

Hareydave I'm saying best part of non believers would start knocking prayers out if a close family member was diognosed with a serious life threatening illness or in a real life threatening situation with time to think.

Why ?

If they don't believe in anything pray to a god they don't think exists ?

iv had many a novena for me they didn't work