price cant take a punch = useless and Joshua well we will have to see , hope haye can make a decent comeback he was beating the shit out of wilder and co in sparring just before the fury fight

your right mate, haye fills seats, and is a decent exciting fighter whos always in shape, and i think he would have kod fury. the division needs him

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fury was ok when he first came on the scene , but nowadays the circus that goes with him is getting boring and he will lose any respect that fight fans have for him , hes done nothing yet to brag abou

To compare the hype of Muhammed Ali and Tyson Fury is about as ridiculous as comparing them as fighters !.......As the greatest fighter in heavyweight history during the greatest era in heavyweight hi

Brookie , remove the blinkers you wear regarding Fury , don't make out Im lying about the two lads whose careers went off the rails due to bad advice/ company either ................as I was part of t

it just shows that fury is a bullshitter, he wants an easy route to the title shot, to b the best you need to defeat the best

I wouldn't call Ustinov or chisora the best would you and to be fair he was willing to fight David haye twice a much more dangerous fight than them two put together. IMO

if fury wanted to fight he would have taken the reigns and got a fight, i think were all hoping that haye comes back and fights fury and we all get to see what we want in a fight

• Like 1

I am very cynical about boxing nowadways , you think the pro game is bent ................. its got nothing on the amateurs ...............two years ago as a 15 year old my lad went to fight on a dinner jacket boxing night in Herefordshire , the lad he was fighting was unbeaten , as was my son , he was in the England squad as was the local " hero " , as my lad walked to the ring , the home team threw the towel into the ring , saying their lad was having stomach cramps ! Anyway it all kicked off , with locals and my mates , my lad was obviously distraught and it was made worse by the local lad , smirking at him , the promoter then comes outside to me , gives me £200 " for my troubles " and whispers in my ear " don't let your lad do his padwork infront of his opponent again " ,...............it ended my lads love of the game , he had one more fight , losing to a lad who has just gone pro with the Ingles , we often wonder what might have been .

• Like 1

it just shows that fury is a bullshitter, he wants an easy route to the title shot, to b the best you need to defeat the best

I wouldn't call Ustinov or chisora the best would you and to be fair he was willing to fight David haye twice a much more dangerous fight than them two put together. IMO

if fury wanted to fight he would have taken the reigns and got a fight, i think were all hoping that haye comes back and fights fury and we all get to see what we want in a fight

:thumbs: his haye finished now, or his still going to fight on .?? and like I said before Haye would deff ko Fury :yes:

Its no different to what it ever was Max.......why do you want to see Joshua fighting top opponents already he,s a 4 fight novice !.................young fighters records were always padded out with learning fights its nothing new................what is new is these young prospects are now in the public spotlight from day 1.

Nigel Benn never took a punch for the first 17/18 fights of his career !.....Neither did Mike Tyson.........but then neither of them were Olympians......nobody has a problem with young pros getting established and then making their way in the game.....what i have a problem with is the likes of Ogogo or Joshua queing up for promotional deals before even turning pro,then turning pro being under public scrutiny and getting stick from folk like you for not getting in wars as a 4 fight novice.

i remember watching an old interview with cus demato, he said they only test they had for picking tysons 1st ten opponents was to hold a mirror under their nose to check they were breathing...lol. back in the day, unless you was an out and out boxing fan, you wouldn't hear of a fighter till he had a good few fights under his belt and was proving himself. nowadays, as others have said, they get a medal, turn pro and are headlining shows on their 1st bout! bad for the game i.m.o. talkng about throwing joshuah in with ranked fighters when he's just starting off is just silly talk, everyone has to learn their trade/prove themselves before they step up to, or deserve a shot at fighters who have already put in the hard work.

R.E. Fury, i think it would do him the world of good to f**k off over to another country where he is off the radar, get into a good gym and train/fight with out all the silly bollocks that seems to follow him around...but i very much doubt it will happen...

Yokel

• Like 1

Well Gnash just keep watching the sport decline till its a non entity.

Fighters are looked after far to long in the name of promoters making money off the backs of punters

Punters are wiseing up to it imo

Hence the popularity of MMA and Prizefighter

Its exiteing and real not like the Pantomine that is now Boxing at times.

Max mma is small compared to boxing and always will be..........name me an international superstar from the world of mma anywhere near on par with Floyd Mayweather ?.....name me an mma fighter earning anywhere near the money Mayweather earns.....mma can,t break into mainstream tv i actually think its reached its peak and is on the slide.................the other month Mayweather v Canello grossed 200 mill......Floyd Mayweather has earned 400 mill IN THE RING.......mma,s highest earner is i believe BJ Penn who earned 20 mill in the ring.......this money comes from somewhere....its self explannatory really.

i remember watching an old interview with cus demato, he said they only test they had for picking tysons 1st ten opponents was to hold a mirror under their nose to check they were breathing...lol. back in the day, unless you was an out and out boxing fan, you wouldn't hear of a fighter till he had a good few fights under his belt and was proving himself. nowadays, as others have said, they get a medal, turn pro and are headlining shows on their 1st bout! bad for the game i.m.o. talkng about throwing joshuah in with ranked fighters when he's just starting off is just silly talk, everyone has to learn their trade/prove themselves before they step up to, or deserve a shot at fighters who have already put in the hard work.

R.E. Fury, i think it would do him the world of good to f**k off over to another country where he is off the radar, get into a good gym and train/fight with out all the silly bollocks that seems to follow him around...but i very much doubt it will happen...

Yokel

For folk who have been around the game a while or even had an interest for long enough these things are really not that difficult to see.................sadly like any other walk of life you get people who have 5 minutes experience and become instant experts,the Fury scenario being the perfect example.

• Like 1

These Commomwealth games on the other hand have been magnificant in all spheres and disciplines.

Especialy today.

Fecking brilliant.

i'll agree with you there, just been watching some highlights with me young un, fantastic!

Yokel

• Like 1

Everyones got opinions and mine is the promotors are having punters pants down

Loads of mis matches and real rubbish fights

Id rather watch raw hungry kids that bring want and exitement than half the so called bigger fights.

They not far off been totaly fixed, at best miss matches.

Boxing definatley needs a kick up the jaksie inside and outside the square ring.

I dont like cricket for a thousand and one reasons.............so guess what......i dont watch or follow it.......it really is that simple.

The numbers game tells its own story regarding popularity....that doesnt mean YOU have to like it.

As great a sport as boxing is,it is too corrupt and the fans miss out because of 'businessmen' like Mayweather.

That's where a big organisation like the UFC having a complete monopoly on the sport becomes such a benefit,no ducking or dodging.

Even if we just had 1 belt per weight in boxing that would be enough to make sure most of the big fights happen.

As great a sport as boxing is,it is too corrupt and the fans miss out because of 'businessmen' like Mayweather.

That's where a big organisation like the UFC having a complete monopoly on the sport becomes such a benefit,no ducking or dodging.

Even if we just had 1 belt per weight in boxing that would be enough to make sure most of the big fights happen.

But when was boxing any different ?.......when the mafia were dictating who became champions and what rounds they went down in did we think one day people would be calling them the good old days !!......Today you have Frank Warren and Eddie Hearn in uk......in my day you had Terry Lawless/Mickey Duff/Mike Barrat/Jarvis Astaire/Harry Levene and thats just in London...............Are Golden Boy any different to Arum or Don King ?

Folk talk like boxing never used to be about money :D

These Commomwealth games on the other hand have been magnificant in all spheres and disciplines.

Especialy today.

Fecking brilliant.

i agree max a kid from my lads gym got gold today :toast: which can only be good for the club and hopefully the area but boxing is not well known round here and to be honest its more than likely a one off but it adds interest in the area and anything that keeps the kids of the streets and maybe steers them towards a better life and bettering themselves is worth it

• Like 3

But when was boxing any different ?.......when the mafia were dictating who became champions and what rounds they went down in did we think one day people would be calling them the good old days !!......Today you have Frank Warren and Eddie Hearn in uk......in my day you had Terry Lawless/Mickey Duff/Mike Barrat/Jarvis Astaire/Harry Levene and thats just in London...............Are Golden Boy any different to Arum or Don King ?

Pssst Len...can ya hear me, are u still with it? Duff giving an interview one day and the middle class interviewer made the mistake of mentioning the word loyalty in tow with professional boxing, duff was on it in a flash, interjecting on the next question with a 'do you just mention loyalty then', he got given the nod and said 'if you want loyalty kid...go buy yourself a dog'

the amount of belts are fairly recent aren't they?

If there was just one belt per weight division of any value I think the fights people want to happen,would.