Worst Job You Have Ever Done???

Having read the whole topic, I've come to the conclusion that most of you are a set of lazy, work shy feckers LOL :boogy: Something dangerous like Socks, did, down the pit, feck that mind but mostly a bit of hard graft never hurt anybody. I spent 6 years as the engineer at an animal by-products factory. Many a time I've had to jump into a hopper and shovel away a few hundred weight of animal guts, carcasses etc to get to and repair a bearing etc that had failed. It wasn't great, but it paid the mortgage and gave me a decent if not fantastic quality of life at the time :yes: Cheers, D.

We put skips away to a company like that, there's no fecking way I'd be howking on in amongst that stuff, feck that !!!

• Like 1

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a plasterer mate of mine asked if i wanted a days work on Thursday........said i would but wish i never now.......   got to the job at 8am, a lovely old cottage in picturesque settings, it certainl

Worst job I ever had.   This one.

Just for you born,,,,lol    

Posted Images

The builder I was on about was a prick.. When I left my dad I went to work for him, f***ing good builder mind... We done a lot of old cottages etc, Lyme plaster, stone work that kind of thing... I loved it at first, really interesting old builds and I was keen as mustard... But he was a twat, he'd often say at around 3 in the afternoon... " shit Kev, that concrete for up the road can't go in tomorrow, we'll have to put it in tonight" so 5 o'clock we'd leave our site and go and put the concrete slab/ footings whatever in at another job, he'd just spring it on you, knowing I wouldn't let him down.... Twat... Be finishing at 8 o'clock, I was on 5 pound an hour so it was 15 quid to help that prick out... I was 18 so you've got to learn the hard way..

We were changing some asbestos roof sheets on a barn one day, it was f***ing roasting, midday he says.. " my mums house is a mile away, they've got a pool, do you want to go for a swim to cool off"... Yes please,I'm roasting here.. I put my time sheet in at the end of the week... Don't forget that hour you were swimming, he says... He had my fiver off me...

It came to a head at our Christmas do,my brother was working with him too, there was me my brother him and our girlfriends ( his wife).... He took us to his local pub, and we had a meal.. At the end he got the bill and told us what we owed, ( I've employed lads for 16 years, Christmas do they don't put there hands in their pockets)... I told him he was a c**t at the bar, the landlord said something so I kicked off.... I was sacked... Thank f**k lol

• Like 5

Feels like ive got a shit job at the minute, but its always at least a few degrees hotter than outside & im in the dry. Been self employed mainly previously 15 years previously & as im doing shifts been able to keep my own work ticking over, been doing it 5 years now and got used to the salary, holiday pay, bonuses, double time etc etc.

Would have never of considered working for a firm, but the global recession hit me very hard, a good mate got my foot in the door for me.

Proper graft today, all I had to do was hang about in the sun in Pembroke Castle on standby! :laugh: This was about as strenuous as the day got:

FB_IMG_14004205214069149.jpg

..and I climbed the keep, that was hard work and all! :D

You didnt actually eat that bottom one did you, I mean its not even on a plate.

Proper graft today, all I had to do was hang about in the sun in Pembroke Castle on standby! :laugh: This was about as strenuous as the day got:FB_IMG_14004205214069149.jpg

:laugh: It's a welsh cake, course i did! :laugh: I'd eat it off the floor before I threw it away! :D
NEWKID, on 18 May 2014 - 5:55 PM, said:

Don't forget that hour you were swimming, he says... He had my fiver off me...

Same for us, in fact we may as well get paid by the minute. If it's quiet we get sent for 'ten' and are expected to clock out. f**k that. I'll go, but there's no way i'm clocking out and they can't force it either.

Squeeze every last penny!!!

• Like 1

NEWKID, on 18 May 2014 - 5:55 PM, said:

Don't forget that hour you were swimming, he says... He had my fiver off me...

Same for us, in fact we may as well get paid by the minute. If it's quiet we get sent for 'ten' and are expected to clock out. f**k that. I'll go, but there's no way i'm clocking out and they can't force it either.

Squeeze every last penny!!!

i get half an hour took off for lunch (2.50???) and an hour took off a week for the ten mins brew time we have every day in the morning.... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

We've got a few lads on now they have an hour la worth of breaks a day and are docked 30mins, they are paid time and a third after 5, and time and half weekends, as their contracts..

He never said it'll cost you to have a swim, and when I done extra it was flat rate, everything was for him..

f***ing hell NEWKID he sounds a right tight c**t,

reminds me of a company I worked for but was absent when this situation happened. the boss was a real piece of work, when the heavy snow hit a few winters back, the boss got in an hour late and docked everyone present an hour (these men were working from 8 as usual)

his words were how do I know you were here a 8.

proper wanker :yes:

• Like 2

f*****g hell NEWKID he sounds a right tight c**t,

reminds me of a company I worked for but was absent when this situation happened. the boss was a real piece of work, when the heavy snow hit a few winters back, the boss got in an hour late and docked everyone present an hour (these men were working from 8 as usual)

his words were how do I know you were here a 8.

proper wanker :yes:

I'd have asked for that in writing then phoned human resources...... :yes:

• Like 2

aye as I said I wasn't there, but only two lads had the balls to call him up on it, and they didn't get docked. but all the people who were too afraid to say anything got docked. it was his excuse to bring in a thumb scanner for clocking in and out.

he wouldn't have done it to me that's for sure.

people get away with that sort of thing because they are let

• Like 6

Having read the whole topic, I've come to the conclusion that most of you are a set of lazy, work shy feckers LOL :boogy:

Something dangerous like Socks, did, down the pit, feck that mind but mostly a bit of hard graft never hurt anybody.

I spent 6 years as the engineer at an animal by-products factory. Many a time I've had to jump into a hopper and shovel away a few hundred weight of animal guts, carcasses etc to get to and repair a bearing etc that had failed.

It wasn't great, but it paid the mortgage and gave me a decent if not fantastic quality of life at the time :yes:

Cheers, D.

I love that qoute a bit of hard graft never hurt anybody lol.

• Like 1

Having read the whole topic, I've come to the conclusion that most of you are a set of lazy, work shy feckers LOL :boogy:

Something dangerous like Socks, did, down the pit, feck that mind but mostly a bit of hard graft never hurt anybody.

I spent 6 years as the engineer at an animal by-products factory. Many a time I've had to jump into a hopper and shovel away a few hundred weight of animal guts, carcasses etc to get to and repair a bearing etc that had failed.

It wasn't great, but it paid the mortgage and gave me a decent if not fantastic quality of life at the time :yes:

Cheers, D.

I love that qoute a bit of hard graft never hurt anybody lol.

It ain't done my back a lot of good lol

• Like 1

Proper graft today, all I had to do was hang about in the sun in Pembroke Castle on standby! :laugh: This was about as strenuous as the day got:FB_IMG_14004205214069149.jpg

:laugh: It's a welsh cake, course i did! :laugh: I'd eat it off the floor before I threw it away! :D

Haha was winding you up mate I couldn't give two shits. Dropped an icepole when younger say 14 and in the park with bunch of birds from school. Picked it up and someone said something lol ice don't carry germs was my reply :D either way I couldn't give a shit.

• Like 1