Pics Of Your Bushing Dogs

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

couple more of ours     first pic sire and dam in middle with 2 pups either side second pic mother middle pups either side

fell/russell/beagle/bull... . are some folk trying to reinvent the wheel.            

Old pic I have .1980 ish 

Posted Images

Difficult to see as it was all away in the distance but the busher pushed a rabbit out of the hedge beyond the bramble clump in the middle of the screen. You can just see her racing up the hill to try and catch up in the last few seconds of the clip...

• Like 1

Out for a mooch today when this happened -

The lurcher was in a really odd mood, doing all sorts of things that are out of character. He's not the best retriever by a long shot, but he'll usually at least bring it back. Today he wasn't interested at all - mouthed it a bit then just walked away. I hope that's not a sign of things to come....

But luckily I had my golden retriever with me, and once she came out of the hedge to see what the fuss was about ...

• Like 3

Out for a mooch today when this happened -

The lurcher was in a really odd mood, doing all sorts of things that are out of character. He's not the best retriever by a long shot, but he'll usually at least bring it back. Today he wasn't interested at all - mouthed it a bit then just walked away. I hope that's not a sign of things to come....

But luckily I had my golden retriever with me, and once she came out of the hedge to see what the fuss was about ...

Love your busher fella by the looks of it, it is gonna be a cracking little allrounder i could do with something like that myself... i just wanna ask how does she act if there's nowt about, does she switch off i know my one does mind you saying that the last couple of time's iv'e been out have not seen a single rabbit. There was not many too start with but she would always manage a couple of hunts, have not been too this place since feb last time i was there she caught a healthy rabbit so i don't know whats happend. atb daywalker.

She's always alert to the slightest trace of scent, but if none about she won't go forcing into cover for the sake of it.

If you had a few rabbits a while ago but they've all disappeared now, my guess is that myxy's been through and had them all. I'm worried that's what's going to happen round my way as I've been finding myxied ones for the last few weeks...

• Like 1

She's always alert to the slightest trace of scent, but if none about she won't go forcing into cover for the sake of it.

If you had a few rabbits a while ago but they've all disappeared now, my guess is that myxy's been through and had them all. I'm worried that's what's going to happen round my way as I've been finding myxied ones for the last few weeks...

From what i have seen of your vids it looks as though you live in a rural area and if thats the case i don't think mixi will wipe them out altogether whereas where i live the places i hunt are very small, one particular place has zero rabbits after an outbreak autumn 2013, only a small place about a ten min walk from mine so it was real handy... oh well.. atb fella

From what i have seen of your vids it looks as though you live in a rural area and if thats the case i don't think mixi will wipe them out altogether whereas where i live the places i hunt are very small, one particular place has zero rabbits after an outbreak autumn 2013, only a small place about a ten min walk from mine so it was real handy... oh well.. atb fella

Yes, rural by me. Although I'd agree it's unlikely to totally wipe them out it can still knock their numbers back massively.

• Like 1

She is getting there cheers. Just lost a fair bit of condition as she was off food for a good while. I have her booked in for spaying in 5 weeks time. All the advice I have been given is sadly to go this route as the infection that followed her phantom is likely to return after each season. Ideally I wouldn't as I genuinely think she has shown promise, but I wouldn't consider breeding any bitch until they are 4 and proven and I wanted a pup this would mean a lot of seasons for her with a high risk of the same problems reoccurring. I have the little running dog pup now to work alongside her in the future so will just stick with this team for a while. I know the lucas bitches breeding well, so in future will probably just source any future pups from her breeding from people who work them, as they seem to throw pretty consistent pups cheers

• Like 2

She is getting there cheers. Just lost a fair bit of condition as she was off food for a good while. I have her booked in for spaying in 5 weeks time. All the advice I have been given is sadly to go this route as the infection that followed her phantom is likely to return after each season. Ideally I wouldn't as I genuinely think she has shown promise, but I wouldn't consider breeding any bitch until they are 4 and proven and I wanted a pup this would mean a lot of seasons for her with a high risk of the same problems reoccurring. I have the little running dog pup now to work alongside her in the future so will just stick with this team for a while. I know the lucas bitches breeding well, so in future will probably just source any future pups from her breeding from people who work them, as they seem to throw pretty consistent pups cheers

whos advice matt to have her spade :hmm:

• Like 1

whos advice matt to have her spade :hmm:

Willow it is the advice of the vet mate alongside my obsessive research lol. I am not one for going along with vets usual speel about it being safer to spay to avoid long term problems etc and have only ever spayed a bitch once before when she had a serious womb infection later in life. But in this particular instance having spoken to more than one vet (one of which is a friend of my Dads and we have used for years) I think I going to stick with this option. I have always had bitches and never found seasons a real problem, but the bitch ended up on a drip for 4 days, hormone treatment to end the phantom, antibiotics for a womb infection the list goes on and to she her at the time she was a sorry state. All the advice and believe me considerable research I have done via the power of google, points towards this likely being a reoccurring issue after each season and most cases get progressively worse with age and in truth my pockets arent endless. I just hope that it doesn't effect her work as she is getting back to normal cheers

• Like 1