there no big mystery behind it if you open your eyes to true terrier work....

although some love the hype.... names and supposed quick fix potions ...... to make a terrier work to a standard...its not black and white..... no blueprint!

like they would like you to think... its not a fad or something to stumble upon... it should be like art and with every drawing or pup....

your paintings or pups should be better than the last, ..

genuine quality and consistency and honesty, should give the right men what they need..... to spread the seed!

GMO's will always find their way into a healthy system and be a factor if we let them.....

Stopend,you smoking the funny stuff again,thats like a script from shakespear,lol.

• Like 3

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Post on another forum on filial degeneration...   One of the historical breeders who has always been of particular interest to me was D.A McClintock of Oklahoma. As far as I have been able to ascert

There is another way and it's a lot less hassle.If your dog has served you well why not go to the person that bred it and ask if he has any pups due in the near future ?, that way your hopefully going

often terrier lads live hand to mouth. and they had to make a pound in whatever way possible. whippet lads around me as a lad used to sell pups to get there beer money. as the pittence they earned fed

Posted Images

Sadly, that's not common sense Comrade. Our fox aren't tough at all, so they aren't our measuring stick. But a great number of people I've met don't care how good the bitch is. Everybody's measuring stick is different but I think fatman's measure is about where I stand. Get to the game and stay there, if the bitch or dog can, kill the game. I live in America where that's legal. Fox might be more durable than nutria(though I have a buddy who said he'd rather put a young dog on fox than nutria any day) but I expect a dog to kill the majority of nutria by the time I can get there. A bitch should try to kill. On coon, it'd be a rare bitch under twenty pounds that kills them.

You seen 1st hand what type we keep Mosby so you understand where im coming from.As you say a fox can easily be dealt with but in some cases they can give a very good account of themselves[tight corners-up on a ledge] and a terrier can take a lot of grief in geting too them.Not running down the bayer type of terrier but they are not the type i like especially if they tend to stand of there fox when foxy starts to come forward,but every man to his own,im not goin to tell lads what type they should keep or breed for,il look after my own yard.

• 2 years later...

What from the off first time, green

Yes, it's natural surely?

Not all are the same, there is no recipe!

It's man and dog, dog and man and getting the right mix.

Ive seen it before and have it now, with one particular dog and if he keeps going the way he has, well, plenty will see him.

Funny enough his dam was bred off Neil's old stuff.

• Like 1

As for green, we'll there's lads out there breed and rear pups and when pups come of age then they bring them out and expect this and that. Theres 2 different types of green ness. Some that haven't seen green grass and are put onto a lead and expected to work, because they are off age! Then There's green as in untried unspoilt and under the careful eye they will go naturally. Easier said than done. It takes a man to know that to begin with, that's a starting point. Most of the time it's not the dog on the lead it's the man holding the lead is at fault, not the dog. Atb

Edited by THE GENERAL
  • Like 6