Holding A Dog Back Till 2 Or Older ??

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No way would I keep a dog over 2 years that still hasn't shown any interest, I don't believe all that bollocks either that early starters don't last long, that's an excuse people use that have kennels

Holding it back will let the dog mature mentally I personally show a dog at around 16 to.18mnths then bring it on slowly not to much to soon that's just me. Atb d4g

think it depends on the dog , i'd be very disappointed in one not showing interest in going to ground from 6-9 months ..showing interest not entering although i have let some have a look at 9 months,

Posted Images

Do you not think bushing makes your terriers mess at rabbits under ground?

I think this is for me ? No, never because they are never allowed to enter after a rabbit, we have 1 or 2 mistakes early on as pups but the rules are soon learnt, its not rocket science and once they understand that's what the ferrets are for its easy, they will all mark occupied holes of any sort though, WM

• Like 1

Do you not think bushing makes your terriers mess at rabbits under ground?

I think this is for me ? No, never because they are never allowed to enter after a rabbit, we have 1 or 2 mistakes early on as pups but the rules are soon learnt, its not rocket science and once they understand that's what the ferrets are for its easy, they will all mark occupied holes of any sort though, WM

I dont know never done much rabbiting but id say if them terriers of mine put a rabbit to ground they be in lookin it LOL and therefore make them rabbit when out checking holes

• 4 weeks later...

Dixiefried 50odd years of terriers and never had a failure, lay off the crack pipe wil ya.or his standards ain't very high

:blink: " AS FAR AS I'M AWARE " I believe is what I Quoted !!! I Don't put " Crack " in my pipe...as for Standards ...His ..they work for Him :yes:

What do I Know ,I'm just a Lil'Ol' Rockabilly with an Interest in Terriers ,he's Just an Ol' Miner...,and a Friend and I.M.O. Knowledgeable and has been a Good pal to me !

That's all I need :thumbs: