Ghosts... Wooohhaaaaa Haaaaa Haaa

I think it's load of old cobblers, but I happened to see one of those 'mediiums' on TV a while back - can't remember his name, but why are they always slightly camp northerners...........? Any way.......................

In a dazzling display of second sight, he asked an audience consisting almost entirely of OAP ladies, "Is there anyone called Margaret here?"..................After picking out one of the many, he (eventually) whittled her husband's name down to Jim, and said "He's telling me you have trouble with your eyes' is that right ?" She nodded so enthusiastically that her glasses almost fell off !!!! (I think it was Colin Fry!)

In a book published after her death, one of Doris Stokes' entourage spilled the beans on some of the tricks of her trade. She would also invite parents and families of people who had died (usually in awful accidents or murders), saying she 'had a message for them', after she had gleaned details from the local paper. At most of these gatherings, you are given a slip to fill in at the entrance, asking your name, who you're hoping to contact and any special messages you'd like to pass on! I know this last one is true, because my wife's mother regularly goes to watch that prat Derek Acorah !

Acorah and the rest of them are mostly harmless entertainers, but there are some that prey on the vulnerable and the weak, at the lowest point in their lives, and it shouldn't be allowed....................

like the church then, have you any idea what they charge for a church and a vicar, it also has to be paid upfront,

Cost me £40 to get married in church, that was 2006! :D

cost you a lot more than that to get planted from one now :laugh::laugh: registry office for me over 20 years before yours 12 quid for the license :laugh::laugh:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's load of old cobblers, but I happened to see one of those 'mediiums' on TV a while back - can't remember his name, but why are they always slightly camp northerners...........? Any way....

its all crap for people with over active imagination , my mom+dad are dead , been gone few years now, many a time ive wanted to talk to my mom, when I felt low, s he would always cheer me up, but n

My bad, thought the OP was talking about Goats............

I think it's load of old cobblers, but I happened to see one of those 'mediiums' on TV a while back - can't remember his name, but why are they always slightly camp northerners...........? Any way.......................

In a dazzling display of second sight, he asked an audience consisting almost entirely of OAP ladies, "Is there anyone called Margaret here?" ..................After picking out one of the many, he (eventually) whittled her husband's name down to Jim, and said "He's telling me you have trouble with your eyes' is that right ?" She nodded so enthusiastically that her glasses almost fell off !!!! (I think it was Colin Fry!)

In a book published after her death, one of Doris Stokes' entourage spilled the beans on some of the tricks of her trade. Her aides would scour obituaries in the town where she was due to perform. She would also invite parents and families of people who had died (usually in awful accidents or murders), saying she 'had a message for them', after she had gleaned details from the local paper. At most of these gatherings, you are given a slip to fill in at the entrance, asking your name, who you're hoping to contact and any special messages you'd like to pass on! I know this last one is true, because my wife's mother regularly goes to watch that prat Derek Acorah !

Acorah and the rest of them are mostly harmless entertainers, but there are some that prey on the vulnerable and the weak, at the lowest point in their lives, and it shouldn't be allowed....................

My favourite "is there a Dave in the room?" well obviously!! :laugh:

• Like 2

I just don't think after death that's it...I don't believe in mediums because any dickhead can go "I see dead people" and people will throw money at them to speak to Auntie Sheila but I think if someone has an attachment to a place, or there is a traumatic event, or they have what they deem as unfinished business then they linger after death...

The Gun Battery where i volunteer is v v strange but not scary or malicious, the manageress hears giggling when she goes to unlock the underground magazine (although i don't particularly believe in them a medium reckoned a male spirit is laughing at how modern women dress), there's a black lab been seen on various occasions and in a photo taken in the weeks before the bombardment of Hartlepool the regimental mascot / dog was a black lab, and i've personally felt a breeze as if someone walked past me, quiet talking and footsteps all when i was on my own underground :hmm:

Who knows lads! Always like to keep an open mind on these things :thumbs:

Not picking a row, Ruby, but it's not 'open-minded' to ignore hard facts or believe things with no supporting evidence.....

Is evidence of witness statements, voice recordings, pictures, videos etc not good enough? There are thousands out there. In this day and age you can doctor and manipulate all types of media so it's best experienced first hand I guess...

I just don't think after death that's it...I don't believe in mediums because any dickhead can go "I see dead people" and people will throw money at them to speak to Auntie Sheila but I think if someone has an attachment to a place, or there is a traumatic event, or they have what they deem as unfinished business then they linger after death...

The Gun Battery where i volunteer is v v strange but not scary or malicious, the manageress hears giggling when she goes to unlock the underground magazine (although i don't particularly believe in them a medium reckoned a male spirit is laughing at how modern women dress), there's a black lab been seen on various occasions and in a photo taken in the weeks before the bombardment of Hartlepool the regimental mascot / dog was a black lab, and i've personally felt a breeze as if someone walked past me, quiet talking and footsteps all when i was on my own underground :hmm:

Who knows lads! Always like to keep an open mind on these things :thumbs:

Not picking a row, Ruby, but it's not 'open-minded' to ignore hard facts or believe things with no supporting evidence.....

It's not open minded to think you or anybody else is in possession of all the 'hard facts' and 'supporting evidence..' either.. :thumbs:

its all crap for people with over active imagination , :yes: my mom+dad are dead , been gone few years now, many a time ive wanted to talk to my mom, when I felt low, s he would always cheer me up, but never seen or heard anyting in my house have pics of them like most people do, but just a cold quietness in the house, when there gone there gone and they left this planet for ever , so enjoy them when there here 77 years soon goes :yes::yes:

• Like 5

I’ve seem more than most die and walked hospital wards for years, wards in which thousands have died, and I’ve never seen a ghost yet. Perhaps they know I’m a bit of a skeptic, and like fairies if you say I don’t believe they cease to exist! lol

In a dazzling display of second sight, he asked an audience consisting almost entirely of OAP ladies, "Is there anyone called Margaret here?" ..................After picking out one of the many, he (eventually) whittled her husband's name down to Jim, and said "He's telling me you have trouble with your eyes' is that right ?" She nodded so enthusiastically that her glasses almost fell off !!!! (I think it was Colin Fry!)

In a book published after her death, one of Doris Stokes' entourage spilled the beans on some of the tricks of her trade. Her aides would scour obituaries in the town where she was due to perform. She would also invite parents and families of people who had died (usually in awful accidents or murders), saying she 'had a message for them', after she had gleaned details from the local paper. At most of these gatherings, you are given a slip to fill in at the entrance, asking your name, who you're hoping to contact and any special messages you'd like to pass on! I know this last one is true, because my wife's mother regularly goes to watch that prat Derek Acorah !

sam sam where are you :laugh:

I’ve seem more than most die and walked hospital wards for years, wards in which thousands have died, and I’ve never seen a ghost yet. Perhaps they know I’m a bit of a skeptic, and like fairies if you say I don’t believe they cease to exist! lol

there you go then, says it all really don't it.!

Derek Acorah and them arent harmless entertainers. They are ghouls, worse than rapists and kiddy fiddlers, the lowest of the low.

They fleece people who have recently lost loved ones by taking their money and telling them any old shite. When people lose loved ones, especially those taken too early, the family are desperate for something, anything and scum like him abuse the situation. He should be jailed for what he does. f***ing absolute scumbag.

Well there you go then lads, no such thing as ghosts, no such thing as the paranormal, all the hundreds of thousands of people who have recorded audio, video footage and taken photographs, and have seen, heard or felt something strange have an over active imagination and need booking in to the nearest mental hospital ASAP....all because people who have never experienced it said so... :laugh::whistling:

Edited by RubyTex

Well there you go then lads, no such thing as ghosts, no such thing as the paranormal, all the hundreds of thousands of people who have recorded audio, video footage and taken photographs, everyone who believes they have seen, heard or felt something strange has an over active imagination and needs booking in to the nearest mental hospital ASAP....all because people who have never experienced it said so... :laugh::whistling:

Have you noticed how the pictures and videos are always blurry and the sounds always hard to make out? Just because people believe they experienced paranormal goings on doesn't make it fact, unfortunately. I've had a few times in my life that I could have put down to the supernatural, but I know it wasn't.

IMO it's the same as UFOs, Big Cats and religion.

(Except Big Cats in the UK. We all know they're real.) :laugh: