Standing Up For Staffies

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With all the current anti bull breed BS that covers the media at the moment I thought that I needed to share something that happened to me on Sunday................Once upon a time............. Serio

Theres little point breeding Staffies these days if you are in it for the money,there is none!.The only kind of staffy people seem to want these days are the blue staffies,and a large % of them these

Find most people through attachment or pride can't find faults in their own dogs. Far too many poor examples are bred. Always believed a dog should have to earn the right to be bred. Being a lovely do

Posted Images

My wife had a little staff when we were first going out, nice little thing all be it a spoiled little article of a dog.

Never the less, it was nice and clever too.

The trouble with bull and mastiff breeds is that they are like a magnet to every type of buffoon walking.......shame.

• Like 3

so.... would a staffie be able to beat up a Rottweiler :hmm::laugh:

Speaking from personal experience? When the Staff' was an animal, like my old Sebbie (Out of Stockade's " Irish Blackjack ")? Not a problem!

Stupid c*** should have took his Dog out the back way, as we'd agreed. Saved the poor thing getting such a hiding :nono:

Seb_zps8041c49b.jpg

so.... would a staffie be able to beat up a Rottweiler :hmm::laugh:

Speaking from personal experience? When the Staff' was an animal, like my old Sebbie (Out of Stockade's " Irish Blackjack ")? Not a problem!

Stupid c*** should have took his Dog out the back way, as we'd agreed. Saved the poor thing getting such a hiding :nono:

Seb_zps8041c49b.jpg

.. just how the staffs were when we had them in 50-60s 18-20in 40-55lb agile+fit power houses :yes: all our dogs were not bad trained and never of the leads only if no dogs about, I remember 1 day walking a bitch for my old man, when this chow thing or what ever it was, came up and tried to start on my bitch, she tried to grab the chows head, but I pulled her quick way, not that quick enough she had load of fur in her mouth :laugh: . the bloke soon came over quick then and got it . lol

My Stafford bitch is very biddable. Great with other dogs.

Puts up with the lurcher pup to a greater degree than a lot of other dogs would. They sound like they`re killing each other when they are at play, yet not so much as a toothmark between them.

She`s had lots of hassle from other dogs, but never bit one yet. She`s got a fantastic tolerance level, even when really pushed!

post-90034-0-25321600-1391023773_thumb.jpg

post-90034-0-82537100-1391023957_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I have the same problem whiteracer!

I`m 6 foot with a skinhead, a Stafford & lurcher on the end of the leads. Some of the reactions of other dog walkers at times are fecking laughable.

It is good though when I just click my fingers or give them the "side" command, then walk calmly past whilst the feckers are screaming at their mutts which will do nothing that they want them too.......Irony I think they call it!

post-90034-0-02991900-1391025512_thumb.jpg

post-90034-0-95053000-1391025595_thumb.jpg

post-90034-0-90640100-1391025622_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I never have mine

on the lead post-80843-0-96388200-1391036111_thumb.jpgshes obedient and stays at heel.A cat may often cross our path or even another dog but shes to obedient to bolt or take on another aggresive animal.She had a Jack Russell growling and snapping 6 inches from her nose the other day but she just looked at me to as if to say what the f**k?.

Im lucky that i spend all my waking day with my dog and she is the most loyal,loving, obedient dog i have ever had!!.

• Like 2

Personally i find 99% of them repulsive i dont think any single breed of dog has changed more in such a short space of time.... today most of them are bordering on being a " toy breed " not a " terrier breed "......i guess its each to their own and naturally folk will be happy with what they have if they have nothing to compare to but if you remember the breed from years ago and have an ounce of honesty you couldnt fail to be dissapointed in the majority of specimens today,physically and mentally.......just my opinion like.

• Like 3

That staff of mine from the video now lives with the mother (who is disabled) Me mam won't return her to me and tbh has ruined her. But that dog is the best companion for her, she is happy chilling out or going out and considering she was brought up hunting never attacks anything when out with my dad. Now as for protective supposedly she won't allow anyone near my mum she doesn't know, a low growl is the warning and usually heeded :laugh:

Point is you get the right type of breeding and you will struggle to find a more versatile adaptable companion try telling that to the masses after all the bollox press they get and the dickkheads that are attracted to this type as WILF said.

• Like 1

Find most people through attachment or pride can't find faults in their own dogs. Far too many poor examples are bred. Always believed a dog should have to earn the right to be bred. Being a lovely dog or having a great pedigree doesn't mean a dog should be bred. The oh I wanted a pup back from him or her. Personally I'd rather a second dog from something that's earned it's right to be bred than one from mine just because it is mine. That said if your still going to do it then prehaps full the rest? If just one of that litter goes to someone with the same mentality and gets bred. How many extra dogs is that out there now which add no benefit to the next generation of the breed? Another thing I suppose is people's greed. Why cull when I get a few hundred for the pup. Those same people will probably tell you they love their dogs. They love money more than the breed though. 8 out of 10 Staffords I see personally I think look shit. I'd say 9 out of 10 although better if I say 99%, shouldn't be bred.

• Like 4