Anyone Still Smoke A Pipe?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don`t smoke either,, used to smoke years ago and still love a rollie. I even have a wee pipe tool with a baccie knife and bowl cleaner on it, all brand new for when I get ma new pipe.     I just

My best mates dad has always smoked a pipe. He's got advanced MS and has no movement except a little in his head, one of my most important jobs when I worked on their farm was filling and lighting his

Posted Images

My best mates dad has always smoked a pipe. He's got advanced MS and has no movement except a little in his head, one of my most important jobs when I worked on their farm was filling and lighting his pipes! Never smoked one myself but love the smell of good baccy and there's an art to loading it to get a good draw, if I got it wrong he soon let me know! Whenever I see him now for a catch up I'm always expected to put a pipe between his teeth and light it!

• Like 3

Keeping a pipe alight depends on how well you pack the baccy in, too tight because you've crammed too much in and its like sucking footballs through a straw and too loose it just doesn't burn right. It comes with practice :D Also different baccy's burn differently, some hold more moisture than others, its all a bit of an art form :D The pipe needs cleaning too, when I used to smoke a pipe, I couldn't get on with the metal stemmed falcon jobs, my very favourite was the simplest, a normal straight stemmed briar pipe :thumbs:

• Like 1

There,s a great tobacconist in Edinburgh that has a huge selection of pipes and flavoured baccy etc.

It's called Little Havana, great selection of cigars there also if your into them.

Heading there next time home for a cigar for my mates 50th

My old boy used to smoke them, thick black bogey roll he smoked, looked like a black turd.....he had a wee kit bag with his knife, tamper and lighter, plus the baccy.....used to cut and hand roll it....

Tell you what tho, we used to sit down the Avon when I was a nipper, he smoked his pipe and I fished.....kept the midges off you! Big billowing clouds of reek....I only appreciated it years later!!

There,s a great tobacconist in Edinburgh that has a huge selection of pipes and flavoured baccy etc.

It's called Little Havana, great selection of cigars there also if your into them.

Heading there next time home for a cigar for my mates 50th

Best cigars I've ever had were from here :yes: Tobacconists are still here in force as they are the only shops allowed to sell tobacco products.

Cubans very nice on a special occassion not feckin cheap mind :laugh:

• Like 1