Lurcher Bitch Free To Good Home

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Make space or cull, she is your responsibility.....

Too many pricks on this site, hope you find a good home her   Atb

Seems a tad unfair on the bitch to me being rehomed at such age ...fairytale endings where a retired couple take on a rescue lurcher and it lives out the rest of it's days cosey by the fire are few an

The way this threads panning out it's making me look like a right c**t lol but it certainly isn't like that, the bitch got injured at 3 I've spent hundreds of pounds on treatment x-rays operations ect to try and get her right again which she never did. 3 years on she's still here walked on a morning walked on a night still fed the best of food, but still stuck in the pen I don't want that could be for another 6 year who knows. If I had room indoors she'd be in, I have 3 working dogs I can't keep them all infront of the fire can I, I have 2 small dogs and a young family there just wouldn't be enough room for us all. like I said before I wouldn't let her go to anyone I'd have to be sure she would get looked after properly I've made a mistake by putting the ad on here but hey I thought I'd give it a shot, there'd be no pups getting her spayed goes without question.

• Like 1

I feel sorry for you fella..

I was in the same position...

I advertised mine with local lurcher and greyhound trust & Lurcher link...

My partner asked family and friends - Looked like I would never find the perfect home, but It came up in the end..

I Could not keep mine.. It was at risk of injury every time, I let it in the garden with other dogs.. It just wanted to race about with the rest..

Its no life being kennelled all day..

I would not o asked on here but hey its maybe worth a punt..

Someone might know a pet owner that just lost a dog or a fella who has just retired..

My old dog lives on a farm now, sleeps on a sofa & gets everything it needs.. Better there than it was with me..

Good luck :thumbs:

Edited by Giro
  • Like 2

I feel for you mate,I honestly do. You got a problem I've had a couple times in the past, with different outcomes. I honestly ain't got a problem with you, your dog or you rehoming the dog. It's just I don't think that it's fair on dog to rehome it to a stranger, especially considering the prats on this site. You obviously feel for the dog or it would be easy to cull it. I was a bit strong and out of order with some a my posts but I do stand by my way of thinking, like I said I been there and done and got that t-shirt,more than once. All the best in getting your problem sorted

Fair play to you spending that money mate but she's a working animal. Still wouldn't have been easy but it would've made sense pts 3yrs ago. Again it would be nice if she could find a pet home to retire but u dont do the decent thing rather than rehome her with a stranger

This is the problem with keeping working lurchers, especially coursing dogs. They have such a small working window. My old dog is 10, and my working dog is 3. In 3 years time he will be 6 and I would be looking at a pup to take over. The 10 year old would be 13 and could still be fit and well, so I'd have 3 dogs then, 2 of which would be retired! I think my next dog will be a mouching dog, that dosnt rely on speed and would have a longer working life, more like a gun dog.

Running addiction is a good friend of mine and as genuine a lad as you could ever wish to meet and shouldnt really bother trying to justify himself to people who havent got a clue about him or his dogs.He lives for his dogs and they want for nothing but there are working dogs,laney his bitch unfortunatley cant put up with the graft anymore and alls the lad wants is a retirement home for her,shes a lovely bitch and will make someone a cracking loving pet AND she wont be going anywhere until the right home is found,ive done it when ive needed too and never once regretted it,the dogs are far better off than been kept in a working enviroment when they cant work,culling is not my way and never will be,id rather take the responsilty as someone mentioned and put the effort in to finding the dog a suitable home like nathan will do so to all the muppets go and crab some f****r else or meet nathan in person to tell him off his wrong doings so he can batter the face of you!!! :yes:

Running addiction is a good friend of mine and as genuine a lad as you could ever wish to meet and shouldnt really bother trying to justify himself to people who havent got a clue about him or his dogs.He lives for his dogs and they want for nothing but there are working dogs,laney his bitch unfortunatley cant put up with the graft anymore and alls the lad wants is a retirement home for her,shes a lovely bitch and will make someone a cracking loving pet AND she wont be going anywhere until the right home is found,ive done it when ive needed too and never once regretted it,the dogs are far better off than been kept in a working enviroment when they cant work,culling is not my way and never will be,id rather take the responsilty as someone mentioned and put the effort in to finding the dog a suitable home like nathan will do so to all the muppets go and crab some f****r else or meet nathan in person to tell him off his wrong doings so he can batter the face of you!!! :yes:

Ooh! :o

Personally I applaud what R.A is trying to do here and I'm quite sure he can stick up for himself and take other people's opinions without turning into an internet warrior. Seems you can't though. :D

Maybe nathan can take someone elses opinion without feeling the need to batter someone....bit f***ing stupid being on a forum if you can't take criticism
  • Like 1

Make space or cull, she is your responsibility.....

Mr big nuts give it the old cull...it's easy to say.. but to do is a diffent ball game when you have raised it from pup...and he is trying to make space by finding a good home...people like you need culling ..

Lol by passing it on to a stranger on a forum, if he cared that much it would stay put, seeing as a new pup to keep going out is more important, he wants to pass on a dog that's gave him it's all, be kinder give g it a bullet than losing touch with new owner, an never knowing...

Listen to yourself Ffs it's a dog, you's would swear he had been told to cull a child, like I said it's his responsibility he is choosing to pass the mutt on. I wouldn't, that's my opinion now away an play tig way the buses you twit..

hot meat you are a full blown wanker and id love 2 whalop ya straight in the stones let the lad rehome his dog and stop being a c**t