Times When Your Dog Made You Look Like A Prick

What's the most embarrassing thing your terrier has done. Mine was a young patterdale dog I had last year he was progressing well although there was times he made a few mistakes but nothing that doesn't happen most first season dogs. Anyway me and two mates went for a dig and headed to a plantation of fir trees that holds regular. The lurcher was the earth about a minute before we got to it and he was down to his shoulders in the hole so we all knew foxy was at home. I let the young dog off the lead and away he went we got a mark at five foot and began to dig the after an hour we broke through to find the dog curled up asleep. We lifted him and let an expirenced dog in and had a pair of foxes out of the earth. The young dog never came good he had several more chances after that but began to make a habit of going to sleep in earths that were empty or holding especially if it was raining

• Like 3

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I was a teen me and a mate went with a dog that he'd just bought , two year old 100% or so the bloke said that sold my greenhorn mate it lol. Anyhow try's him on a spot that defo holding the do

Had a young Russel when I was a teenager,In the 70s,, Had a invite off a gang of lads from school, for a days ratting on the river Alt, slept in that Saturday morning when my mother shouted me some la

What's the most embarrassing thing your terrier has done. Mine was a young patterdale dog I had last year he was progressing well although there was times he made a few mistakes but nothing that doesn

my mate had a dog that did the same trick when we was kids we would of only been around 15 at the time it was bouncing down with rain so we went to try a rock spot near my house. we was wet threw before we even got there anyway the dog marked so we let him go, we both sat there eyes wide open not wanting to miss the bolt, but the bolt never came nothing happened in fact not even a bark. I remember us both saying he must be deep in we cant even hear him baying, an hour and 20 mins later out came the dog we both ran over to him to see if it had been up to anything not a mark not a smell of fox on the dog not even a bit of fur in his teeth then the dog just looked up at us and gave a big yawn and a stretch and walked off! the little tw#t had just curled up an fallen asleep to be out of the rain I bet

• Like 2

i got a call from a farmr in the fells once saying he had watched a fox go to ground and he is stood over the whole and it hasnt come back out, if i get their and get it i can have permission as well as he regular lad, so grab my old black bitch and put her in the pizza box on the old honda cg, put my shotgun in its leg of mutton case across my back and set off 20 mins later ime their i get up to the earth a simple two holer she was straining on the chain all the way up and round the hole as i was putting my gun together. i let her off she sniffed the hole for about 5 seconds then f****d off up the fell for 10 mins! she come back and would not even entertain the hole at all!,,, the farmer just said some f***ing use that was. and walked off

i could have died right their and then! (the dog nearly did)

i got a call from a farmr in the fells once saying he had watched a fox go to ground and he is stood over the whole and it hasnt come back out, if i get their and get it i can have permission as well as he regular lad, so grab my old black bitch and put her in the pizza box on the old honda cg, put my shotgun in its leg of mutton case across my back and set off 20 mins later ime their i get up to the earth a simple two holer she was straining on the chain all the way up and round the hole as i was putting my gun together. i let her off she sniffed the hole for about 5 seconds then f****d off up the fell for 10 mins! she come back and would not even entertain the hole at all!,,, the farmer just said some f*****g use that was. and walked off

Id have trusted the dog over a farmer that may have missed a slink away.

• Like 2

i got a call from a farmr in the fells once saying he had watched a fox go to ground and he is stood over the whole and it hasnt come back out, if i get their and get it i can have permission as well as he regular lad, so grab my old black bitch and put her in the pizza box on the old honda cg, put my shotgun in its leg of mutton case across my back and set off 20 mins later ime their i get up to the earth a simple two holer she was straining on the chain all the way up and round the hole as i was putting my gun together. i let her off she sniffed the hole for about 5 seconds then f****d off up the fell for 10 mins! she come back and would not even entertain the hole at all!,,, the farmer just said some f*****g use that was. and walked off

Id have trusted the dog over a farmer that may have missed a slink away.

i did, but as far as he was concerned it was useless!

This will make a few smile no doub't :laugh: ,but went out with a keeper once to sort through some earths and first dig of the day to my plummer was to a rabbit :icon_redface: .I knew it was a rabbit early on and wouldn't let anyone else waste their time on the spade and dug it myself and i could have burried her :censored: but the next earth she was dropped in she returned with 3 cubs(she allways carry's blind cubs out but kills them in if their eyes are open)one after the other and then bolted the vixen which was shot so she made it right in the end :D.

Telling a farmer my terrier was fine round stock and he was up an till this point started walking with him too a 3 hole set a sheep comes round a bush right past us bloody dog takes off after it shovel dropped me running after it thx god he dint even get a hold walking back too the farmer he has a big grin on he's face yea some stockbreaking you did having a wee laugh too himself me with the head down thx god he bolted a vixen

i was out one afternoon and found myself in a rough field of about eight acres that had recently been granted planning permission for stables and a tack room. i had put both dogs back on the slips as a gang of builders were busy laying the concrete base. as i walked passed i was being nosey watching what they were doing, in fact so nosey i failed to see the hare raise from its seat a yard or so in front of me :laugh: spread eagled face down :laugh: with a gang of very impressed builders laughing their bollocks off :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Telling a farmer my terrier was fine round stock and he was up an till this point started walking with him too a 3 hole set a sheep comes round a bush right past us bloody dog takes off after it shovel dropped me running after it thx god he dint even get a hold walking back too the farmer he has a big grin on he's face yea some stockbreaking you did having a wee laugh too himself me with the head down thx god he bolted a vixen

bet that's happened to more than a few of us lol

What's the most embarrassing thing your terrier has done. Mine was a young patterdale dog I had last year he was progressing well although there was times he made a few mistakes but nothing that doesn't happen most first season dogs. Anyway me and two mates went for a dig and headed to a plantation of fir trees that holds regular. The lurcher was the earth about a minute before we got to it and he was down to his shoulders in the hole so we all knew foxy was at home. I let the young dog off the lead and away he went we got a mark at five foot and began to dig the after an hour we broke through to find the dog curled up asleep. We lifted him and let an expirenced dog in and had a pair of foxes out of the earth. The young dog never came good he had several more chances after that but began to make a habit of going to sleep in earths that were empty or holding especially if it was raining

We had a little blackntan bitch over 30 year ago that was a very good terrier on all game but if it was a cold day and you broke through to her you had to grab her straight away or she would be off through the earth to curl up and sleep and pointless trying to drop a hole to get her as she would just move to a different place in the end we would not feed her evening before hunting and always brought something tasty next day so she would hop out knowing she was getting a treat.

• Like 1

Was out with hounds couple years ago and either a hound or a lurcher marked this pipe that went right under a pheasant pen a couple of terriers were tried but wouldnt enter so i dropped my rough black one in i then went to the other end of pipe with a few other lads and slipped a net on,not long later a rabbit looked out then went back in,i was sick,thought thats why the other dogs wouldnt enter so i bent down to move the net,rabbit out,but when i was still bent over looking up the pipe this cat came flying out whacked me in the chest,i screamed like a little girl with shock,the lads standing round thought it hilarious,so not really the dog making me look like twat just myself.

• Like 1