Guard Dogs

I've seen some lurchers that would bite if someone tried removing them from there kennels. I got an AB/old English bulldog who suits my needs very well. I like a lazy guard than a schizo Mali or shepherd. Mine does ok but realistically a guard dog Isnt much of a problem for Thieves. However they do have a place along with other deterrents ....

• Like 1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Id never take on a kc bred bull terrier again too many health issues

Heres my lad. He is a Yoruk, a livestock guardian breed from the middle east. In afganistan etc they protect herds of goats against wolves and bears. He loves us and the lurchers and even the ferrets

Posted Images

I've seen some lurchers that would bite if someone tried removing them from there kennels. I got an AB/old English bulldog who suits my needs very well. I like a lazy guard than a schizo Mali or shepherd. Mine does ok but realistically a guard dog Isnt much of a problem for Thieves. However they do have a place along with other deterrents ....

How many thieves or burgulars do you know?

Everyone I've known were addicts/losers,not the sort of people who are capable of putting any fore thought into anything.

• Like 1

U want a mastiff type breed very very strong and very loyal family pets i have 1 here and he weighs in at 37 pound at 5 months

That's not very heavy for a 5 month old mastiff mate ... My old fella has a sloughi that's the same age and weighs 44lbs ........

Read a few posts on peoples views of best guard dogs, I personally like rottweilers best, does anybody have a proven stud dog in the Yorkshire area? or do U know of any litter currently about?

Ive had a few dogs stolen in the past,my own fault for living to close to Bradford?.my detterent now is an Akita,the 3rd we have had here in the last 20 years,i have never had a dog stolen for 20 years,if they get past the Akita they can have all and sundry with pleasure,they will have earnt it,Rottys are lazy fat fecks that enjoy their kip,Akitas,proper uns,earn their snap.The only problem ive encountered was recent,the lurcher bitch and the Akita had a set to,the lurcher came a poor third and will miss the start of the season as she recovers,i split them up after 10 seconds,any numpty that wishes to engage the said pooch fo a tad longer will never attempt to filch a dog again.Get an Akita and not a lazy Rotty with little stamina.

• Like 1

I already have a bitch rottie after another, undecided whether to buy one or breed a litter, will all depend on finding right stud dog

There's an old saying ' bitches make stitches'. I wouldn't get another bitch mate, get a dog and have one of them spayed if you don't want pups. Leaving two bitches together is a risky business. They may be ok for years and then kick off.

I'm speaking from experience.

Read a few posts on peoples views of best guard dogs, I personally like rottweilers best, does anybody have a proven stud dog in the Yorkshire area? or do U know of any litter currently about?

Ive had a few dogs stolen in the past,my own fault for living to close to Bradford?.my detterent now is an Akita,the 3rd we have had here in the last 20 years,i have never had a dog stolen for 20 years,if they get past the Akita they can have all and sundry with pleasure,they will have earnt it,Rottys are lazy fat fecks that enjoy their kip,Akitas,proper uns,earn their snap.The only problem ive encountered was recent,the lurcher bitch and the Akita had a set to,the lurcher came a poor third and will miss the start of the season as she recovers,i split them up after 10 seconds,any numpty that wishes to engage the said pooch fo a tad longer will never attempt to filch a dog again.Get an Akita and not a lazy Rotty with little stamina.

what was Akita male or female,? as better guards seem to be males of most guard breeds.?

ive got a rotti meself best dog ive owned one word would take ye arm off great with kids an prey drive is unbelievable had rats an rabbits on lamp works cover an catches in cover all round great dog to just have around

084.jpg

166-1.jpg

what a dog that is !!

i like the , caucasian mountain dog , GSD , rottie or a boxer dog . However most boxer dogs or rotties are not really toned and look small and fast and cant run for shit , a good one would keep people of you're property like