Religious People Less Intelligent

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting one this   Having been brought up as religous, I have an inherant distrust of anyone who believes in god.   I can never fully understand why anyone with any intelligence could believe

Islam.   Case rested.

The faith that atheist have is amazing, far more than us simple Christians. To be able to believe we came from fish. Our bodies are made up of 10 trillion cells, that all just somehow aligned themselv

Posted Images

Well I'm a Christian and my measured IQ is 144, maybe case not so rested.

I find it interesting that people who believe all of existence is a cosmic accident and all known life occured by chance (not to mention fish miraculously growing legs and learning to walk) think that believing it all might've been created by a deity is somehow ignorant.

Each to their own though I suppose.

Jim

I also find it interesting how religious people mock the idea of evolution as ludicrous but will say with a straight face, oh aye, there is a man created everyone, he lives in the clouds, if your good when you die you too get to live in the clouds. Which brings me to the question, do you also believe in the devil? Where did he come from, did god make him too? As for the universe, it exploded from a black hole which imploded. It's still expanding, pushing outwards just the same as the planet we are on is still cooling down. Surely if god made earth he'd have avoided all the upheaval and death caused by volcanos, earthquakes....... Ohh silly me, that's caused by the devil......

• Like 2

Mmm that is certainly true of some mackay, but not all. . I was told by a man a couple of years ago "Religion is a crutch for you, you only believe it because you feel you need it" my reply was "What good is a crutch to a healthy man?" He replied "what?" My response "I am twenty seven years old, fit strong and healthy, I would would want nothing more than to live my life running to any experience that would bring me pleasure, but for the sake of Christ and those I love I deny my self centred human nature and strive to be a better man, religion is a crutch, it is a hinderence to the healthy" He responded by saying "I've never seen it that way before". . My old man always said "once you're dead, you're dead". I always thought "how do you know? And what's would be the point in living at all. ."

Fairy story's? I don't think so, a lot of those "story's" are written in history amigos. . Sure, some things are hard to grasp from an intellectual point of view, but so long as you have a mind your going to believe something that's hard to believe! To me there is nothing more ludicrous than the thought that we came from a pinpoint explosion with no reason or explanation for our existence. . Anyway! I don't want to inflict my primitive arguements on anyone again, I could be deluded, but I'm convicted. .

ATB one and all.

Ps that study doesn't mean a thing :-D

Non religious people generally see religion as a crutch, but those who believe often use the 'rules' of their religion to live as better people, trying to overcome the negative aspects of their personalities. I've known many from both sides of the fence, so to speak, and whilst there are stupid people from all faiths and walks of life, I really don't think that being a believer is caused by a lack of brain cells. Whatever the religion, it was, in the infancy of its creation: dang me, I'm talking all biblical here already! Religions had to be created to control an ignorant and superstitious population or carnage and chaos would have ended those civilizations before they even began: funny thing is though, religion has caused more conflict than just about anything else on earth. Like I said on another thread: religion is simply a tool to control the masses: all well and good if the one who wields the tool is benign: total disaster if they're a nutter bent on world domination.

• Like 3

Interesting one this

Having been brought up as religous, I have an inherant distrust of anyone who believes in god.

I can never fully understand why anyone with any intelligence could believe in some god or other when it is so obviously a man made idea, created in order to wield control over weak minded people.

Even out here, if I find out the someone working offshore beleives in god, then I instinctly distrust any desicion they make, becaue I KNOW that they cannot be fully intelligent.

My parents believe in god, I can`t understand how that is. I have an aunt who is a nun, she devotes herself to her work, and is a highly intelligent person, but I know , that deep down it was simply family indoctrination that made her a nun in the first place.

Believers, never believe them.

Budha said, You will never find Nirvana until you accept that you have no soul, that no one person or diety influences your life, and that only you control your destiny and decisions.

Gotta love those Budhists

• Like 6

For those who need a focus in their life religion fulfills all their needs in the absence of any alternative

For those without a focus in their life they do tend to be a little aimless at best and downright useless at worst

There are those who watch and listen and then make a rational decision on the possibillity of a "God" and an afterlife and all the other promises that a religion assures there are a lot of other theories to consider

A lot of the basic values that we have are based upon aspects of Christianity ( in the UK this is ) that have evolved away from the religion itself, the ten commandments in the bible are supposed to be the laws of God but we are allowed and encouraged to break those laws at will by the laws and words of men

So, Good vs Bad is the issue and what is good for us is usually bad for someone else and vice versa

Live strong, be reasonable, love and protect your own, help those that deserve it, punish those that need it, and trust no one who offers you eternal salvation

Thats a start who wants to start a new religion :victory: :victory:

For those who need a focus in their life religion fulfills all their needs in the absence of any alternative

For those without a focus in their life they do tend to be a little aimless at best and downright useless at worst

There are those who watch and listen and then make a rational decision on the possibillity of a "God" and an afterlife and all the other promises that a religion assures there are a lot of other theories to consider

A lot of the basic values that we have are based upon aspects of Christianity ( in the UK this is ) that have evolved away from the religion itself, the ten commandments in the bible are supposed to be the laws of God but we are allowed and encouraged to break those laws at will by the laws and words of men

So, Good vs Bad is the issue and what is good for us is usually bad for someone else and vice versa

Live strong, be reasonable, love and protect your own, help those that deserve it, punish those that need it, and trust no one who offers you eternal salvation

Thats a start who wants to start a new religion :victory: :victory:

Hmm I wondered why you was growing that beard and now I know, you're trying to start your own religion with you as its founder haha ??

Well I'm a Christian and my measured IQ is 144, maybe case not so rested.

I find it interesting that people who believe all of existence is a cosmic accident and all known life occured by chance (not to mention fish miraculously growing legs and learning to walk) think that believing it all might've been created by a deity is somehow ignorant.

Each to their own though I suppose.

Jim

fish grown legs... its evolution, if what you say is right, by the time fush grew legs they woukdnt have been fish.