My mate of 38 years from up barnsley has just been down to cornwall[where i now live], for a week with his mrs and two kids. Had a fantastic weeks weather,good time all round, called to say bye etc, man hug, see you christmas etc. etc. Five hours later i get a phone call from police telling us he was dead. had a puncture, got out, changed it but spare wasnt right so got on phone to recovery service and while speaking to them just fell back and was dead on the spot.He had only been left our house an hour, just cant get my head round it. His mrs and kids have got to stop here until police/ coroner allow them to travel home. I had to phone his brothers as his mrs wasnt up to it[ theres two conversations i never want to repeat] IT JUST DOESNT SEEM REAL AT THE MOMENT.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sad to hear that mate, you Prob don't want to hear this but he died quickly and you got to spend a good week with him. Thoughts are with you and his family.

my old man went for a piss came out of toilet went to get a towel from cupboard,and lights out,was dead before he hit the floor; Thats the way i wanna go. f**k hanging on with some shitty disease

If somebody told you you were going to die at the age of 38 can you think of a much better way to go? Beautiful week of friends and family and instant end. I can only imagine how it must feel and that's not gonna make it any easier but just my thoughts.

My thoughts are with his family.

If somebody told you you were going to die at the age of 38 can you think of a much better way to go? Beautiful week of friends and family and instant end. I can only imagine how it must feel and that's not gonna make it any easier but just my thoughts.

My thoughts are with his family.

He was 53 mate , we had been friends for 38 years.thanks for the replies every one. I know what you mean. If you had to plan it you probably would plan it something like that.