Ive Never Been So Skint!

Money cant buy happiness no.....but if everything else is in place it can certainly make you a lot happier!

Nobody can tell me they're just as happy struggling as they would be being proper comfortable..I just dont buy it.

everyone's definition of both will be different :thumbs:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thinking back i remember waiting to get paid from a job down to our last few quid i bought a sack of spuds and a load of meat pies we lived on pie n chips ,pie n mash all week ..by the weekend i`d bee

Don't pay attention to what other people are doing, there's a lot of people who are up to their eyeballs in debt but don't let on.

i`m in a fortunate position these days not saying we hav`nt gone without and at times its been a struggle and hard graft it all came together for me around 5 years ago when i started to reap the rewar

as long as the kids have a roof over theres heads and a good meal inside them and something warm to wear then im happy i have never bothered what other folk do or have i have had to and do make sacrifices since the mrs got layed off and whether its were we food shop or not changing are car for a few years i know that someone some were is having it harder than us and things could be worst and i could be in debt or one of us could be suffering ill health but with a few things in the pipe line im hoping things might be on the up

• Like 1

Money cant buy happiness no.....but if everything else is in place it can certainly make you a lot happier!

Nobody can tell me they're just as happy struggling as they would be being proper comfortable..I just dont buy it.

everyone's definition of both will be different :thumbs:
It doesnt matter what you perceive to be a struggle or what you perceive to be comfortable....comfortable is better than struggling...how can it not be??? Why would anyone be happier struggling if all other aspects (family, health, etc) were the same?

I live on an ex-council estate. Drive a tatty old landrover and wear cheap clothes.

If i wanted to... i could buy a nice big house on a private estate drive a bmw and wear armani shirts ....

What woukd it achieve? People look at youvand think flas fekker....

I prefer people to look at me and think scruffy fekker with no coin :laugh:

• Like 3

Ive never been so strapped. My mates are telling me about their holidays abroad that are coming up, or the new car they want to get, and im thinking where are they getting the spare cash? As soon as I get paid its straight out on bills, food and rent and then im scratching round for pennies for petrol to get to work and feed the family. Is it just me that's struggling this year?

same here.... am not up as far as buying new cars and what but as for money keeping house going and feeding children am completely broke and its not to say am out drinking or enjoying myself :hmm: that a have no money

Edited by gouldy257

Times are getting harder for sure but I always look at my granddads generation for a little bit of inspiration . They had none of the material things we've got today, food was on ration as well and they're could of got a bomb on top of them at any time. Then after I've thought about that for a while I feel a bit better as I realise we're probably the weakest pampered generation to walk this country .

utterly agree, couldnt of put it better myself, but when your brought up with people around you, wearing the best clothes, driving the best cars, buying houses, ect ect ect, to be anything below that makes us think were missing out, and get jelouse and depressed. but the fact is, we have running water, a roof over our heads and food, its 2013 and theres still some countries that dont have that, as theyr governments are corrupt, ect ,having to walk 25 miles a day just to get dirty water, our government is fecked i know, i myself cant change that, but atleast were alive and are the most PAMPERED generation for a very long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Like 1

Well I can't wait till things are back to normal. My Buck's Fizz in the morning just isn't the same with Harrod's own brand champagne. :laugh:

I know how you feel I've had to swap the caviar for tescos own brand cod roe, takes the edge off it :(

• Like 2

We had a new addition to the family last week so that's some more bills more nappies etc but we just got one out of nappies so that balances that out.

Things have been sacrificed like the salmon rod I had planned to buy and a couple of other things but as long as bills get paid and the family are happy and get fed etc that's what matters.

I suppose other things could be sacrificed but you need to have some enjoyment.

We only have one credit card but on speaking to some work mates who owe 3, 4 or more times what we do makes me feel better even though they go away all the time and have days out on the beer every week thanks to the cards.

Nice things cost money and it is good to treat yourself once in a while but quality time with family is priceless.

• Like 3

Times are getting harder for sure but I always look at my granddads generation for a little bit of inspiration . They had none of the material things we've got today, food was on ration as well and they're could of got a bomb on top of them at any time. Then after I've thought about that for a while I feel a bit better as I realise we're probably the weakest pampered generation to walk this country .

utterly agree, couldnt of put it better myself, but when your brought up with people around you, wearing the best clothes, driving the best cars, buying houses, ect ect ect, to be anything below that makes us think were missing out, and get jelouse and depressed. but the fact is, we have running water, a roof over our heads and food, its 2013 and theres still some countries that dont have that, as theyr governments are corrupt, ect ,having to walk 25 miles a day just to get dirty water, our government is fecked i know, i myself cant change that, but atleast were alive and are the most PAMPERED generation for a very long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You're right there.

I come from a normal working background, Dad used to work on a farm, mam was a nurse before Me and My Bother came on the go. They had to scrimp and save to get by, and when the farm was sold off, we had to move house, as we had always lived there and it was a tied house that went with the job. They managed to get a mortgage at the age of about 55. Luckily, that was just before the housing market went crazy around us.

I'm fortunate in that I have a good paying job and have been paying as much as possible into the mortgage so it comes down a bit before the interest goes up.

The next generation behind us are struggling, If you imagine a young joiner or mechanic trying to enjoy themselves (you're only young once) and still save for a mortgae deposit, which isn't cheap now, then say their girlfriend falls pregnant....Car needs tyres for MOT.....Need new tools for work etc..

Cannot be easy.

They are going to be the same as my mam n dad were, maybe get a mortgage when they're 40-50odd.

We certainly have been lucky living when we have.

• Like 1

I too have visited a 3rd World country.

All I saw was absence of opportunity and the crushing of ambition. A population racked by poverty and uncertainty,and, everywhere I went, eyes full of despair, with a lack of any hope for the future.The weather's shite in Wales, too! :D

I too have visited a 3rd World country.

All I saw was absence of opportunity and the crushing of ambition. A population racked by poverty and uncertainty,and, everywhere I went, eyes full of despair, with a lack of any hope for the future.The weather's shite in Wales, too! :D

you misunderstand....that's the look of sexual exhaustion as it's the end of the lambing season :thumbs:

• Like 1