Ive Never Been So Skint!

This has been the hardest year financially. Living alone now has made sure of that. But I've managed. Got this fishing thing... When really I can't afford it cause I have Ayia Napa the following week... Another thing I shouldn't have booked but f**k it your only young once.

I've always been good with money, always been the one with plenty cash, fast cars, good clothes and never miss a trip away. All changed now though......Even have to buy food stuff in the cheapo section...... Pisses me off!!!!

We heard you the first time! You'll not get no sympathy! :D

Bloody I phone..... Lol

iPhone? Cannae hide money eh? :laugh:

not in red shorts :whistling:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thinking back i remember waiting to get paid from a job down to our last few quid i bought a sack of spuds and a load of meat pies we lived on pie n chips ,pie n mash all week ..by the weekend i`d bee

Don't pay attention to what other people are doing, there's a lot of people who are up to their eyeballs in debt but don't let on.

i`m in a fortunate position these days not saying we hav`nt gone without and at times its been a struggle and hard graft it all came together for me around 5 years ago when i started to reap the rewar

This has been the hardest year financially. Living alone now has made sure of that. But I've managed. Got this fishing thing... When really I can't afford it cause I have Ayia Napa the following week... Another thing I shouldn't have booked but f**k it your only young once.

I've always been good with money, always been the one with plenty cash, fast cars, good clothes and never miss a trip away. All changed now though......Even have to buy food stuff in the cheapo section...... Pisses me off!!!!

Bloody I phone..... Lol

Aye Dinnae you start pleading poverty with your spanky wanky cameras and your collecting of midnight knives at £100+ a pop!!! :laugh:

• Like 2

The funny thing about money it does not matter how much you have you can still waste it just as quick as it come in some of the best times of my life has been when I've got nothing no house no car nothing the best times for me has been when I've been on the road with nothing more then a rucksack for the last 2 months I have really thought about buying a caravan and hitting the road this year has been the worst of it is ill be working close too 80 hours a week and only getting 2 days off every 14 days I have no life and Iam still in debt it's true once your in debt it's five times harder getting out of it

Edited by BIGLURKS

The funny thing about money it does not matter how much you have you can still waste it just as quick as it come in some of the best times of my life has been when I've got nothing no house no car nothing the best times for me has been when I've been on the road with nothing more then a rucksack for the last 2 months I have really thought about buying a caravan and hitting the road this year has been the worst of it is ill be working close too 80 hours a week and only getting 2 days off every 14 days I have no life and Iam still in debt it's true once your in debt it's five times harder getting out of it

will you still be wanting this ferret then lol no a bad idea that rather summer than winter but :thumbs:

• Like 1

it's true....on a similar note you get people on big salaries who can't resist the temptation to get a big house and end up no better off than the rest of us....apart from owning a few more bricks obviously! My mates mortgate is £1300 a month! Admittedly his house is stunning, but he's still not happy and wants to sell up and get a bigger house. His mrs moans at him about it but the more he earns the bigger the house he wants, if he could learn to be happy with just a normal sized house he'd be minted but for some reason he's got this obsession with owning a massive house.

It's very rare you get someone who earns loads and doesn't stretch themselves a bit with either house or car or both....funny thing the human mentality isn't it!

Another thing that always confuses me, when someone has a car that they like, and then trade it in for a newer car but the same model....you get in it and it's exactly the same as the one they had before and yet they've paid 3/4/5 grand just for a different number on the front! shelling out for a better car is fair enough, but I can't get my head around trading up for nothing other than a newer version of exactly the same thing, weird!

I know it's the whole keeping up with the Jones' thing, I'm just glad I couldn't give a rats ass what the Jones' have!!

• Like 4

Bloody I phone..... Lol

Aye Dinnae you start pleading poverty with your spanky wanky cameras and your collecting of midnight knives at £100+ a pop!!! :laugh:

everyone needs boys toys :laugh::laugh:

will you still be wanting this ferret then lol no a bad idea that rather summer than winter but :thumbs:
aye mate ill be needing a log burner in it for winter and as for the ferret Iam still trying too find some spare time too get up got hay making this week and 2 cut next week so can't be for at least 3/4 weeks though

Our part of Nottingham was known as 'the land of the Chinese rent-man'.

When he came to the door,one of the children, usually the youngest, would be sent to answer.Rent-man says "Can I see your Mum?", and he is told "Sh'int in." :D

• Like 1

It's interesting to see how the crunch has hit different parts of the country at different times. A year ago I was f****d, but now it seems to be on a very slow but steady climb back to where we once were. Fingers crossed. :thumbs:

• Like 4

fook it i thrive on poverty :laugh: been there done that, sold the t shirt. money doesn't always bring you happiness but by fook does it make looking for it more fun :laugh::laugh:

It's true Paulus. Money doesn't buy you happiness - but you can rent it for a long time ! :D

• Like 1

This'll be a big couple of years for me, built our (me and brother) business up for 15 years and then last January we merged with the man I first learnt from, giving us a much bigger concern, more headache and problems but hopefully the rewards to match.

To come off the tools and run it was a big decision for me, but it would seem it was the right one.. We've picked up a lot of work enough for the rest of this year and 2 contracts that will be going for 3-4 years...

I'm not counting my chickens though, 3 years ago we nearly lost the lot ( literally) when the shit dropped down hill from tescos and caught us at the bottom for over 40k, I learnt a few hard lessons there....

We'd worked our bollocks off all over the country and we still ended up close to being homeless...

We'll see though, as my Dad always says " keep your head down and your ass up"........ Shit that sounds so wrong lol

I stayed smallish 4 full time and a few subbies -- any spare cash I put into property and a bit of land and sold it when it was right --took a few years paid contract managers job then called it a day ..got some holiday lets that bring in a decent wage and then my bit of buying and selling to keep me active ...choose the time you want to get out and plan for that -- hope it all works out for you :thumbs: look at a good private pension aswell

Bit of spare cash to buy property and land :hmm: We get the idea, you're minted :laugh:

Once you have some money it's easy to make a lot of money, it's getting to the some from none that's tricky. I really do need to get a bit more motivated but it's tricky to decide if it's better to have more leisure time with limited money or more money but less time to spend it, I am currently trying to find the best of both.

That's a no brainer.

You cant take it with you and your only here once so you might as well enjoy yourself.

Some of the most miserable c**ts I've had the misfortune of knowing/working for have been loaded.

Fook it :laugh:

I hav`nt been a slave to work and I`ve spent a few quid along the way... :yes:

Money cant buy happiness no.....but if everything else is in place it can certainly make you a lot happier!

Nobody can tell me they're just as happy struggling as they would be being proper comfortable..I just dont buy it.