The Stones At Glastonbury.

After seeing the Stones a few times in the 60s with Brian Jones, and with Mick taylor, I was at the hyde park concert, and they were brilliant live.

But have to say i was disappointed with them at Glastonbury, watched it on TV, thought they sounded ordinary, and their choice of songs could have been better.

Not a big fan of Soul, but the best ive seen up to now was Chic with Nile Rodgers.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love the stones but they were shit really disappointed

all in there 70s -- never been a fan but my daughter bought me the 3 cd set grrr its the most played cd in the van

Mumfords stole the show.

Posted Images

They're really old and probably on oxygen most of the time, what did you expect :laugh: Feck me, Jagger's nearly 70 years old: incredible he's still doing it. I agree with the choice of songs though: crap. For me it was amazing to see Jagger still strutting (sort of) around the stage at his age. If I'm half as fit at his age I won't complain. I would have liked to see them do Gimme Shelter for one.

They're really old and probably on oxygen most of the time, what did you expect :laugh: Feck me, Jagger's nearly 70 years old: incredible he's still doing it. I agree with the choice of songs though: crap. For me it was amazing to see Jagger still strutting (sort of) around the stage at his age. If I'm half as fit at his age I won't complain. I would have liked to see them do Gimme Shelter for one.

yeh maybe its time to throw the towel in now, it was ok but suppose when you seen them 10-15 years ago a younger and full on band, you wont like what you seen last night .?

Not a big fan of Soul, but the best ive seen up to now was Chic with Nile Rodgers.

Got to agree with you, thought Nile Rodgers & Chic were fantastic. I think its great some of these bands such as the stones still going but they just didn't have it in them last night. On that performance I think they should quit.

Agree that they're well and truly finished. I love the Stones but Mick was poor...voice was terrible and his movement not a patch on what he used to be like. They should've thrown in the towel long ago imho. From watchin their old stuff on Youtube to watchin that last night was chalk and cheese! I can understand why they still keep going...legacy, fans and a few extra quid but time has definitely caught up with them. I wouldn't pay to see that now!

Edited by AirgunGuy

You'll get used to seeing shite bands as you get older, these big names, they can't turn the clock back but people think they're getting them in their heyday. McCartney's the same, ditto The Who and others from the sixties and early seventies. I saw the Stones in '76 at Earls Court and they "blew my mind", but 37 years on....No chance. I saw the Hollies last year and Manfred Mann, good sixties bands, and they can still put a good show on, brilliant musicians. The same can be said for Steve Harley, seen him in February and he was very good, all his band could play. I'm going to watch The Seekers in September...They're very very old and might not even live to make the gig, but during my childhood, every young guy fancied the lead singer, Judith Durham, so perhaps the Carnival isn't quite over for them yet, I hope not