Price Of Pups?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I never sell pups do gift them out to friends that you can trust. any dog I didn't bred in my kennels was gifted to me apart from a Russell bitch I have. That's the way it should be

most i ever payed for a pup was quid back in 2001-last year i was lucky enough to buy a well bred bitch from 2 very good lines and it cost me 300 notes-you all go on about not paying for pups and gif

This argument over the price tag on a pup will go on forever.I personally think that if someone wants to sell there pups for whatever price they require then its there business,they are not bending an

I accept that not everyone's in the position to have pups gifted so have no choice but to buy. However, this bollocks about putting a price on to put off the peddlars is a fallacy. Peddlars buy & sell dogs thats their game....so putting a price on wont deter them. As someone said about pups for big money.....c**ts is all they are

money wouldn't be an issue for me --- the breeding would and if I wanted it and if it was right for then I`d pay the money me.....I knew a man who worked his terriers hard week in week out he bred maybe one litter every 4 years or so from the right stuff out of the litter he`d kept 2 for himself all his dogs grafted and where bred tight and they won in the show ring if they didn't work money back offer ----------how much would you pay for these pups ;) stick a few replys up and I`ll tell you what digging lads where offering ...

Edited by the_stig
  • Like 2

i would be willing to pay a fair wack for the right pup. but i consider 150 a fair price. if i had to get em docked and chipped maybe a little more. however i have a couple of gifted terriers so now and then its nice to be able to return the favour :thumbs: its a long time since i bred a litter though. and i will only breed for one for myself now.

This argument over the price tag on a pup will go on forever.I personally think that if someone wants to sell there pups for whatever price they require then its there business,they are not bending anybody's arm in the process of selling them.I am well aware of how things are in the present day climate with unemployment and all that as I mysely am currently on the dole but if I knew where there was a litter I really wanted a pup from I would make it my buisnees to get the cash.£250-£300 is a lot of money when you have not got it but for a pup from good honest working parents and a good line of workers before that well its worth the chance,just look at the price tag on border pups or bedlington pups.

• Like 7

So a peddler wont think twice if he has to pay 200 quid for a pup and maybe 30-40 in fuel to get it. What school of finance did you study at corky at best he might get 20 quid out of the deal hardly a peddlers dream deal is it

Depends on the price & the location doesn't it then. Think ur generalising with you figures, again just cos someone puts £50 tag on it rather than free wont put someone off. What about selling bitches for more money than dogs. Why would anyone pay more for a bitch or is the seller aiming the pups at future peddlars?

money wouldn't be an issue for me --- the breeding would and if I wanted it and if it was right for then I`d pay the money me.....I knew a man who worked his terriers forhard week in week out he bred maybe one litter every 4 years or so from the right stuff out of the litter he`d kept 2 for himself all his dogs grafted and where bred tight and they won in the show ring if they didn't work money back offer ----------how much would you pay for these pups ;) stick a few replys up and I`ll tell you what digging lads where offering ...

500 Sheets for the pup......

What price would you pay for a working dog? Stock broken, attended basic training classes, has done those agility courses, follows fox trail over ground, has stayed on over twenty digs over two years, now four years old and his house trained.........

I think people that are going to pay high prices for dogs are going to want to make their money back, meaning that the pup will be bred from regardless of how good (or shite) it turns out to be, just to recoup some of the coin. Free to trusted mates is the best way IMO.

money wouldn't be an issue for me --- the breeding would and if I wanted it and if it was right for then I`d pay the money me.....I knew a man who worked his terriers forhard week in week out he bred maybe one litter every 4 years or so from the right stuff out of the litter he`d kept 2 for himself all his dogs grafted and where bred tight and they won in the show ring if they didn't work money back offer ----------how much would you pay for these pups ;) stick a few replys up and I`ll tell you what digging lads where offering ...

500 Sheets for the pup......

What price would you pay for a working dog? Stock broken, attended basic training classes, has done those agility courses, follows fox trail over ground, has stayed on over twenty digs over two years, now four years old and his house trained.........

he wouldnt be for sale :thumbs:

• Like 2