What Happens To Last Years Dogs

Little bit off topic here, what happens to failed race horses? genuine question for anyone who can answer as I know feck all about horse racing.

Dog food, into the human food chain as burgers and ready made meals? :hmm:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unfortunately...for far too many last season's dogs will end up the same as this season's dogs and next season's and the season after that...swapped, sold, palmed off, pts or worse still dumped or dis

My dogs stay with me no matter what there working ability there my responsibility I couldn't give them up or pass em on they not just working dogs they my working companions home for life with me

Probably been bought up before, but what happens to last years dogs.Or shouldnt i ask. I am now seeing the usual lets look at next seasons pups. Have one dog myself three this Oct who will be with me

Little bit off topic here, what happens to failed race horses? genuine question for anyone who can answer as I know feck all about horse racing.

Dog food, into the human food chain as burgers and ready made meals? :hmm:

Most end up in the factory for dog food, some become brood mares to produce sport horses etc

The lucky ones end up being rebroken and used for other disiplines...

Thanks for answering CG.

With working animals ie horses, greyhounds, lurchers, terriers, failed animals can not always be found pet homes to live the rest of there lives out in comfort :no: some have to be PTS which IMO is the better alternative of being passed around different owners or dumped to end up in rescue kennels waiting to be rehomed or PTS :rtfm:

Edited by C Hall
  • Like 1

breed well cull hard if they don't make the grade pts or a good pet home for life only breed from the best always try to better the next generation if everyone did this all the rubbish genes like no heart, yapping, no wind etc would get selectively bred out :thumbs:

• Like 1

breed well cull hard if they don't make the grade pts or a good pet home for life only breed from the best always try to better the next generation if everyone did this all the rubbish genes like no heart, yapping, no wind etc would get selectively bred out :thumbs:

you must hav some stock about ya..if there not up to standard its out the door its lurcher i keep not lodgers

• Like 1

Somebody dumped 1 on a mountain here .it was killing sheep as if they were going out of fashion ended up getting shot .

i know i was part of the search team it killed 17 sheep iv taken dumped or lost dogs of that mountain a couple times an found them good homes

bad craic dumping dogs :thumbdown: all it takes is one bad apple like that to ruin the barrel gives all lurchermen a bad name. if a dogs no good take it for its last walk and do the right thing by it letting someone else pick up the bits is the cowards way

a comon add this time of year.lurcher 16 months nothin done selling due to moving house, go aboard ,family problems.getting out of dogs are even over stocked these are code words for tried them last year and give them a chance now there useless or else they seen a lovely little puppy breed by great dgos and they want one, retards :censored: