What Happens To Last Years Dogs

Little bit off topic here, what happens to failed race horses? genuine question for anyone who can answer as I know feck all about horse racing.

Dog food, into the human food chain as burgers and ready made meals? :hmm:

they get sold as beef

• Like 2

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unfortunately...for far too many last season's dogs will end up the same as this season's dogs and next season's and the season after that...swapped, sold, palmed off, pts or worse still dumped or dis

My dogs stay with me no matter what there working ability there my responsibility I couldn't give them up or pass em on they not just working dogs they my working companions home for life with me

Probably been bought up before, but what happens to last years dogs.Or shouldnt i ask. I am now seeing the usual lets look at next seasons pups. Have one dog myself three this Oct who will be with me

Little bit off topic here, what happens to failed race horses? genuine question for anyone who can answer as I know feck all about horse racing.

Dog food, into the human food chain as burgers and ready made meals? :hmm:

they get sold as beef

No fly's on you :doh:

once you get a dog it stays if it doesnt turn good whos fault is that :thumbs:

some dogs just don't have it. Who's fault is that.

yours for for getting a dog from bad stock

joe calzaghes 3 sons arnt all going to make world champions if any :thumbs:

you dont need a world champ to fill the freezer just a decent grafter

• Like 1

Depends when the pups is born.this years pups now say 8 or 9 months are gonna be around 14 months when the season starts usualy know once the hares move up a gear round christmas time and you run them single handed wether they make the grade .do all lurcher men get rid or just the coursing men.

last years dogs should be out helping fetch along this years pups, if you buying a pup or two a year then I think you either buying wrong stuff in first place, or not putting the graft in properl or just simply plain unlucky far too many prepared to blame the pup,without ever looking at themselves, maybe it was all them days down the pub when the dogs sat in the kennel, thats too blame? :cray: shame its always the dog thats suffers.

If you choose em and rear them then surely they worth more than one season?, plenty lads had stuff they hung onto despite not having best of seasons to find they improve the only reason to get shot really is if the jack but even the they could make another man happy as a lamper or moocher :hmm:

• Like 1

last years dogs should be out helping fetch along this years pups, if you buying a pup or two a year then I think you either buying wrong stuff in first place, or not putting the graft in properl or just simply plain unlucky far too many prepared to blame the pup,without ever looking at themselves, maybe it was all them days down the pub when the dogs sat in the kennel, thats too blame? :cray: shame its always the dog thats suffers.

If you choose em and rear them then surely they worth more than one season?, plenty lads had stuff they hung onto despite not having best of seasons to find they improve the only reason to get shot really is if the jack but even the they could make another man happy as a lamper or moocher :hmm:

I kept a blind dog for 7 year......choice of pup is f***ing critical :laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh::laugh:

• Like 1

I kept a blind dog for 7 year......choice of pup is f*****g critical :laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh::laugh:

fair play too you mate, you have had some blinding dogs since though :victory:

Probably been bought up before, but what happens to last years dogs.Or shouldnt i ask. I am now seeing the usual lets look at next seasons pups.

Have one dog myself three this Oct who will be with me till her old age, works ok not the best not the worst i have had.

But as I am not relying on her feeding my family does it matter..

Yes before someone says it Iam a bit of an old softiee when it comes to my dogs.

all no use, if dey wer dey never stop talkin about dem..........FACT!!!!!!!!

Probably been bought up before, but what happens to last years dogs.Or shouldnt i ask. I am now seeing the usual lets look at next seasons pups.

Have one dog myself three this Oct who will be with me till her old age, works ok not the best not the worst i have had.

But as I am not relying on her feeding my family does it matter..

Yes before someone says it Iam a bit of an old softiee when it comes to my dogs.

all no use, if dey wer dey never stop talkin about dem..........FACT!!!!!!!!
det wer a sec aaa ....can u get us a half ounce of what your smoking lol.
  • Like 1

When I get a dog it will stay with me till the end of its days. Thats why I will look real hard and choose very carefully when I get one, I will take my time and do the best I can to choose a worker but the rest is up to fate. I would never dump a dog, if situations got dire enough I'd find a home that was decent. I'd couldnt bring myself to take it to a shelter or leave it. Dogs for life with me.

• Like 3

Some boys are in the game to have and to breed the best they can so if a dog is not up to standard over a season time to try again some boys treat dogs as pets some treat them as tools of the trade it's personal choice but if you were to keep them all you would need some room

• Like 1

if them do not make it will he pts

what a hypercrite you are. i carnt beleave the cheek of you. goerge the same fella that got banned off the hwh for bragging about putting dogs to sleep when you was drunk. you sausage didnt relise it was you i thought your name on here was first light. :rofl:

Do you know if old joe has had straws taken :boogy::boogy::laugh::laugh:

if them do not make it will he pts

what a hypercrite you are. i carnt beleave the cheek of you. goerge the same fella that got banned off the hwh for bragging about putting dogs to sleep when you was drunk. you sausage didnt relise it was you i thought your name on here was first light. :rofl:

and come on tell me dogs i have put to sleep and you the one that was asking for a match all the time to run my 10 year old dog with your 2 year old :hmm i have still got that bitch she 14 now you still got you dog or did it not make it

Edited by one more