What Happens To Last Years Dogs

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unfortunately...for far too many last season's dogs will end up the same as this season's dogs and next season's and the season after that...swapped, sold, palmed off, pts or worse still dumped or dis

My dogs stay with me no matter what there working ability there my responsibility I couldn't give them up or pass em on they not just working dogs they my working companions home for life with me

Probably been bought up before, but what happens to last years dogs.Or shouldnt i ask. I am now seeing the usual lets look at next seasons pups. Have one dog myself three this Oct who will be with me

Iv got one lurcher who will be here for the rest if his life, i thought about getting another lurcher pup in but I don't think I would give it the work it would deserve as I would favour my current lurcher, I had room for another dog so I got a terrier pup for our mooches out flushing to the lurcher etc and hopefully get some rats with him which the lurcher can also assist

• Like 1

My dogs stay with me no matter what there working ability there my responsibility I couldn't give them up or pass em on they not just working dogs they my working companions home for life with me :thumbs:

Too bad a lot of the other so called dog men don't share your sentiments,well put J.DOG

My dogs stay with me no matter what there working ability there my responsibility I couldn't give them up or pass em on they not just working dogs they my working companions home for life with me :thumbs:

Too bad a lot of the other so called dog men don't share your sentiments,well put J.DOG

:thumbs:

Probably been bought up before, but what happens to last years dogs.Or shouldnt i ask. I am now seeing the usual lets look at next seasons pups.

Have one dog myself three this Oct who will be with me till her old age, works ok not the best not the worst i have had.

But as I am not relying on her feeding my family does it matter..

Yes before someone says it Iam a bit of an old softiee when it comes to my dogs.

but what if you were relying on the dogs for the meet that he catchs

was thinking the same today

well not the same but along the same lines

is dogs of old , been speaking to a few old boys as ive just got a pup here and all they want to know is ,, has it got any collie in it ..

and when i was looking for a pup ive seen everything from ridgeback to gsd to italian greyhound and also Chihuahua all in the mix

how many of these dogs would be if you were relying on a dog to catch food

Probably been bought up before, but what happens to last years dogs.Or shouldnt i ask. I am now seeing the usual lets look at next seasons pups.

Have one dog myself three this Oct who will be with me till her old age, works ok not the best not the worst i have had.

Yes before someone says it Iam a bit of an old softiee when it comes to my dogs.

is dogs of old , been speaking to a few old boys as ive just got a pup here and all they want to know is ,, has it got any collie in it ..

and when i was looking for a pup ive seen everything from ridgeback to gsd to italian greyhound and also Chihuahua all in the mix

Thankfully I'm at a stage ion life where the reliance on my dog to provide food isn't required, I'm happy enough to be out there and just enjoy it, if they so happen to make a catch then it's an extra, as my signature has said for many years, " go out and expect nothing, anything else is a bonus"

• Like 4

my old bitch is now my fishing partner . i took her out a few days ferreting last season but it's hard work for her. i feel guilty every time i leave her at home when i go lamping because i know how much she loves it.

• Like 1

my dogs stay with me usually the bitch i bred the litter from is now at

my sisters after she broke her leg, but if she never wanted her she,d

still be with me. my sons just been given a dog that never made the

grade as a ferreting dog and shes only 8 months old shes like his shadow

now and there for life

Why ye would get a new pup every season is beyond me....pups are brutal at times.fcuk training a dog every season.....would rather a seasoned worker any day to a pup,don't get me wrong pups are good...and I enjoy bringing them on when needed.....but not every season....lol...

• Like 2

i dont need my mutt to fill the freezer atm but i have had rough weeks/months where it would be very helpful

my husbands a seasonal farm worker, times are uncertain, for example he hasnt had a stitch of work for 3wks, i have barel y any money coming in... Now he has 3 different fellas after him to work for them... He will be working all weekend, all our plans are on hold... Bills need paying, the van needs money spent on it to pass its nct and to tax it and in winter months we are lucky to have work at all... And hell yes... Our lurcher is going to have to muck in and earn his keep

L

• Like 1