Any Bass Showing Yet?

Much the same in padstow estuary. you can fish for them but you cant keep them if your fishing from a boat.you cant use sandeels as bait either from a boat up here.

Hi Robbo, how you doing mate..

Have the bass started to show down there much now ?, I was down with the family a few weeks back only grabbed a couple of hours at Crantock on the lures ( no luck though)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

right then chaps here it is, high tide was at 1;50 yesterday so i took a half day holiday from work so that me and a mate could have a last attempt at the bass before the rain came and pushed them all

Here you go mate, lovely fish  

mullet most probably

Im good thanks kev, finally managed to get my head around living down here.Never thought i would miss barnsley.I had my first bass off the shore yesterday. weighed in at 4- 14, guy i was with had 3 fish up to 4-6.Going back today for another go to see if anymore fish running.Next time youre down this way let me know and i will point you in the direction of a few marks. All the best, bry

Cheers Bry

That's a nice few fish mate, good luck today

Glad your settling in mate, the offers still there once the seasons around for a day out with the ferrets, I'll PM you nearer the time,

I'll be down a fair few times with the rods mate, I'll let you know next time we might be able to catch up..

Yes that would be good mate, thanks. Speak to you later. We only had schoolies today.One of the blokes i know in padstow who fishes his own little boat had 40 fish up to 6 pound , all above 2+1/2 I need to get me a boat. :yes: Although the missis seems to think i need to get a job instead. :laugh:

Edited by robbo
  • Like 1

sorry to butt in,can u catch bass on lures from shore,or rocks etc.do u need deep diving lures or surface type\?

Hi mate

You can catch them on lures ( it's very popular now) it depends on conditions, ground, how they're feeding etc to the type of lure, jellys can be good and I've found the best plugs are slender Sandeel type imitations.... I've never caught on poppers or surface lures personally but I know lads who have and they are known to be effective in certain conditions...

Just been out with dogs on one of my permissions near the sea (lucky I no ;-) and bumped in to farmer fishing and he pulled 3 decent flatties in while I was there and just text to say his mate had just pulled a bass out, I asked how big and he said 14" so probs a couple pound but at least there turning up now ;) defo gonna have a go this weekend now lol

Just been out with dogs on one of my permissions near the sea (lucky I no ;-) and bumped in to farmer fishing and he pulled 3 decent flatties in while I was there and just text to say his mate had just pulled a bass out, I asked how big and he said 14" so probs a couple pound but at least there turning up now ;) defo gonna have a go this weekend now lol

14" will be about 12 ounces! Bass are not mature until they are 7 years old and over 42cm for males and 45cm for females. At these sizes we are sure they have spawned at least once - but not at smaller sizes.

Take care of your bass- they don't migrate as much as they did 10 years ago even.

going for a bash tomorrow, will let you no how i get on :boogy:

Good luck tomorrow mate

I'm gonna have a go myself on Sunday early, gonna try a bit of live eeling in the estuary, hopefully this warm weather have finally got them moving...

sorry to butt in,can u catch bass on lures from shore,or rocks etc.do u need deep diving lures or surface type\?

Hi mate

You can catch them on lures ( it's very popular now) it depends on conditions, ground, how they're feeding etc to the type of lure, jellys can be good and I've found the best plugs are slender Sandeel type imitations.... I've never caught on poppers or surface lures personally but I know lads who have and they are known to be effective in certain conditions...

ok thanks for info.yup i got some of them sand eel type will give it a go.cheers

fished the menia straits last week and yesterday...it was hard .last week we managed two ,the tide was right so we could get the sandeel net out

we had fresh live bait so after a few hours we had two

this week wrong tides ...not brilliant bait ..they are not feeding on eels at the moment so with no crab we blanked

even mackerel fishing was hard work