Any Bass Showing Yet?

has anyone started catching any bass from the shore yet? if so where and what on? ive not been out yet this year but was thinking maybe this weekend but the weathers been that shit so far this year im not sure if theyve started showing yet?

cheers ant

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

right then chaps here it is, high tide was at 1;50 yesterday so i took a half day holiday from work so that me and a mate could have a last attempt at the bass before the rain came and pushed them all

Here you go mate, lovely fish  

mullet most probably

Are Bass usual visitors to marinas and harbours???

There are a shitload around Barca port that look like bass but I thought they preferred open coastal waters

mullet most probably

Nice one good eating or not??

Are Bass usual visitors to marinas and harbours???

There are a shitload around Barca port that look like bass but I thought they preferred open coastal waters

Up to a certain size bass will hang around in shoals, and round here they go into the harbour and creeks with every tide. The big ones do also go into harbours and the best bait can be unusual, depending on what's generally around. Big bass around here have been caught on chicken before as all sorts of stuff gets chucked off boats, walls etc. :thumbs:

The sand eels have just started to be caught in the couple of local estuarys, so the bass will be right behind... the schoolies tend to stay in the estuaries but the fishing picks up may onwards the bigger fish normally showing late summer early autumn.. I was talking to a mate the other day who is out in his boat almost everyday ( lucky b*****d lol) he said the water temp is still a bit low ( around 9 degrees), also a lot of may water down here the last couple of weeks, won't be long though..

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1

as said bass are here all year round ,on anglesey put the time in & they can be caught every month of the year not lots but there most if not all my big bass come from very late on in the year october november for the real big ones , (ok they can be caught any time ) september the best month for numbers for me

• Like 1