Any Bass Showing Yet?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

right then chaps here it is, high tide was at 1;50 yesterday so i took a half day holiday from work so that me and a mate could have a last attempt at the bass before the rain came and pushed them all

Here you go mate, lovely fish  

mullet most probably

getting a few down the river dart . no big ones just yet but normally catch a few decent size one durring may. . peeler crab is my choice of bait.

Is that boat or shore mate?

getting a few down the river dart . no big ones just yet but normally catch a few decent size one durring may. . peeler crab is my choice of bait.

shore mate fishing for bass in estaurys is a no no. there quite hot on it down here´. , saying that the east bank is not far from the mouth of the river and fishes well at times.

shore mate fishing for bass in estaurys is a no no. there quite hot on it down here´. , saying that the east bank is not far from the mouth of the river and fishes well at times.
Can you clarify the bit I've highlighted in bold please mate? I've never heard you ain't allowed to fish for bass in estuaries, and this place is full of estuaries and inlets.. :hmm:

...or did you mean fishing in estuaries from a boat! :laugh::thumbs:

All the

Can you clarify the bit I've highlighted in bold please mate? I've never heard you ain't allowed to fish for bass in estuaries, and this place is full of estuaries and inlets.. :hmm:

Malt the estuaries down here are nursery zones for the bass, I fish the Exe and Teing estuaries but not the dart...

My understanding though was you could fish for bass from the boat on rod and line as long as they are returned alive, the problem lies if your caught with bass on your boat, I might be wrong but that's how I've always believed its worked...

You can fish for bass and take any sizeable fish from the shore in any of the estuaries..

All the

Malt the estuaries down here are nursery zones for the bass, I fish the Exe and Teign estuaries but not the dart...

My understanding though was you could fish for bass from the boat on rod and line as long as they are returned alive, the problem lies if your caught with bass on your boat, I might be wrong but that's how I've always believed its worked...

You can fish for bass and take any sizeable fish from the shore in any of the estuaries..

Edited by NEWKID

Low water. . The hump off the northwall or out past conger rock out from the grovner. I know a couple of set liners that are catcing quite a few dpwn towards Hest bank. ..

my dad and granddad were liners in the bay for 30 odd years out from barrow, ive had 7 this week all around 5lb, well ive had 10 turbot to 9lb 10 mullet to 5lb and the bass to 6lb in nets a bit further up the coast from the duddon, ime going down the nets in 20 mins, low tides at 1.45am lol I must be nuts

All the

Malt the estuaries down here are nursery zones for the bass, I fish the Exe and Teing estuaries but not the dart...

All the

Malt the estuaries down here are nursery zones for the bass, I fish the Exe and Teign estuaries but not the dart...

So it's more to stop commercial fishing of the nursery grounds than anything else?

All the

All the

So it's more to stop commercial fishing of the nursery grounds than anything else?

Pretty much Malt yes, as I said as a sporting fish to be returned I don't think there's a problem, as 8 shot said though they are very hot on it and will check your boat if there's any suspicion..

I tend to fish free lined live sand eel from the back beach at teingmouth or peeler crab in the Exe, the live eel on very light gear is great fun...

Cheers

• Like 2

I no the outflows from heysham power station have been designated nursery areas and you cant fish from a boat within 500 yards or something but you could fish from the shore and take any legal size fish but I'm not sure that still stands as I havnt fished it for about 5 years now?

Pretty much Malt yes, as I said as a sporting fish to be returned I don't think there's a problem, as 8 shot said though they are very hot on it and will check your boat if there's any suspicion..

I tend to fish free lined live sand eel from the back beach at teingmouth or peeler crab in the Exe, the live eel on very light gear is great fun...

Cheers

I love eeling for bass. The tap tap first as the bass stuns the eel with its gill plates, then the draw as the fish takes the eel.

Funnily enough we used to get our eels from teignmouth. We have sandeels here but they do not live long enough once seigned. The teignmouth eels would live for months in tanks but would not feed.

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 2
All the
Can you clarify the bit I've highlighted in bold please mate? I've never heard you ain't allowed to fish for bass in estuaries, and this place is full of estuaries and inlets.. :hmm: ...or did you mean fishing in estuaries from a boat! :laugh::thumbs:
Malt the estuaries down here are nursery zones for the bass, I fish the Exe and Teing estuaries but not the dart...My understanding though was you could fish for bass from the boat on rod and line as long as they are returned alive, the problem lies if your caught with bass on your boat, I might be wrong but that's how I've always believed its worked...You can fish for bass and take any sizeable fish from the shore in any of the estuaries..
All the

Can you clarify the bit I've highlighted in bold please mate? I've never heard you ain't allowed to fish for bass in estuaries, and this place is full of estuaries and inlets.. :hmm: ...or did you mean fishing in estuaries from a boat! :laugh::thumbs:
Malt the estuaries down here are nursery zones for the bass, I fish the Exe and Teign estuaries but not the dart...My understanding though was you could fish for bass from the boat on rod and line as long as they are returned alive, the problem lies if your caught with bass on your boat, I might be wrong but that's how I've always believed its worked...You can fish for bass and take any sizeable fish from the shore in any of the estuaries..
Pretty much Malt yes, as I said as a sporting fish to be returned I don't think there's a problem, as 8 shot said though they are very hot on it and will check your boat if there's any suspicion..I tend to fish free lined live sand eel from the back beach at teingmouth or peeler crab in the Exe, the live eel on very light gear is great fun...Cheers
:thumbs: Just checked it out, we've got designated Bass nursery grounds in the haven a few hundred yards from where I'm sitting! :laugh: