Any Bass Showing Yet?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

right then chaps here it is, high tide was at 1;50 yesterday so i took a half day holiday from work so that me and a mate could have a last attempt at the bass before the rain came and pushed them all

Here you go mate, lovely fish  

mullet most probably

newkid. we will have to meet up on shaldon bridge one night. or come over the dart. i'll supply the crab as got pots down there. :thumbs:

Definitely mate, that would be good thanks..I met up with an old mate yesterday, he's got a few spots in the Exe I don't know about so we're going for an evening next week, on the eels again ( you can get them at Exmouth docks)...

I'd love a session on the Dart mate, I've never fished it from the shore, been out with Dave Harrison on Gemini, on the skerries a few times and wrecking quite a bit out of there. Every time I've gone down the river on the boat I e promised I'll fish the shore but not got round to it...

not fished on Gemini yet. went out on outlaw with owen in feb and had a blinding day. .. im out on sat on a boat called spot-on from brixham if it aint going to be cancelled.

anytime your wanting a evening of bassing give me a shout .

• Like 1

right then chaps here it is, high tide was at 1;50 yesterday so i took a half day holiday from work so that me and a mate could have a last attempt at the bass before the rain came and pushed them all out the estuary. we arrived at around 12;00 and the bore was just srarting to rush in signaling the start of the flood. its unfishable for the first 20 mins as an 8oz wont even hold bottom and with weed that comes with it its just not worth casting, when we did start fishing it was pretty quite until around 1 oclock when we started to catch a few flatties which was all we caught right up until high tide and ended up with 9 between us. we carried on fishing in slack water for 45 mins and just as the tide started to ebb my mates rod went with a bang and nearly ripped it of the tripod while he was on the bloody phone! now its worth mentioning that this is not a sea fisherman and a compleate novice to it, but he has done some course fishing and played the fish like a pro! he was only using an old carp rod of mine with a 2oz grip lead and a 1 up 1 down flapper rig with 1\o hooks and black lug around 40 yards out! but after a 20 minute fight and several good powerful surges for the open sea we managed to scramble down of the rocks on to a little beach in a cove an catch it on a few waves to bring it safely to shore :boogy: a nice big prime bass of 7lbs caught on light tackle by a novice! you can imagine the smile on his face, the poor lad didnt stop shaking for an hour after and refused to leave the beach until all the water had gone lol initialy weight on some rusty old scales in my box at 6lbs we weighed it again when we got back to the pub on my mates kitchen scales (hes a chef) and confirmed my scales are shite as it was bang on 7lbs. now i no we shouldnt have taken a fish of that size in prime sexual maturity but it was only this lads 3rd time sea fishing and hes managed a bass every trip so far and put them all back even tho one was a taker so when he said hed like to keep this one i couldnt really argue. if somebody would be so kind as to put pics up for me (im a computer retard) then i can email them.

thanks for reading

tight lines

ant :toast:

what estuary are you fishing?....nice fish

Going for another do this afternoon just to keep me out the pub a bit longer had loads of rain so probs not much chance of bass and its only 7.9 metre tide so will hardly reach us but there is a fair wind behind it so you never no? But I dont mind a bit of flattie bashing anyway ;)

Edited by air gun ant

Good luck Ant, first day on the rivers for me tomorrow but I'll get an evening bass trip in next week.. Meeting a mate for a night out, who knows a couple of spots I don't...

newkid. we will have to meet up on shaldon bridge one night. or come over the dart. i'll supply the crab as got pots down there. :thumbs:

Definitely mate, that would be good thanks..I met up with an old mate yesterday, he's got a few spots in the Exe I don't know about so we're going for an evening next week, on the eels again ( you can get them at Exmouth docks)...

I'd love a session on the Dart mate, I've never fished it from the shore, been out with Dave Harrison on Gemini, on the skerries a few times and wrecking quite a bit out of there. Every time I've gone down the river on the boat I e promised I'll fish the shore but not got round to it...

not fished on Gemini yet. went out on outlaw with owen in feb and had a blinding day. .. im out on sat on a boat called spot-on from brixham if it aint going to be cancelled.

Hope you had a good day today mate, were you on the skerries? I heard there's been a decent run of plaice this year, a mate who runs a small boat had 52 a couple of weeks back between 2 of them...

I'll drop you a pm about an evening out on the next week or 2

Hope you had a good day today mate, were you on the skerries? I heard there's been a decent run of plaice this year, a mate who runs a small boat had 52 a couple of weeks back between 2 of them...

bloody cancelled mate highwinds put pay to it. . . were hoppin to get out Tuesday if we can fill the boat. .. looking doubtfull tho .

Was planning to get out today but winds are mental so i can't be arsed, getting sand blasted isn't how i fancy spending my Saturday afternoon :laugh: maybe tonight if it dies off...

• Like 1

bloody cancelled mate highwinds put pay to it. . . were hoppin to get out Tuesday if we can fill the boat. .. looking doubtfull tho .

I did wonder mate, it's been a bit blowy the last few days, wasn't sure if you could have sneaked it on the skerries though..

Good luck for tues